Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Holding their feet to the fire ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
    I have stated more times than I can recall that there is a SCIENCE of evolution and then there is an IDEOLOGY of Evolution.
    Stated. Never demonstrated.

Roy
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

As many times as I have posted about this, Santa's accusations cannot possibly stem from ignorance. Rather, Santa Klaus knowingly and willingly continues promoting his misrepresentations and lies for the childishly-transparent reason that it serves his objectives: to vilify and to promote his sordid beliefs.

Jorge
      I thought it was just me wondering, is he (Klause54) doing that on purpose.

ehhh, I'm not a mind-reader so I guess I will give Klause54 the benefit of the doubt.
      But its a bother to have to add explanation to each part of each sentence one posts to avoid 'misunderstanding'
      To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Originally posted by jordanriver View Post

ehhh, I'm not a mind-reader so I guess I will give Klause54 the benefit of the doubt.
        But its a bother to have to add explanation to each part of each sentence one posts to avoid 'misunderstanding'
        I'm not misunderstanding anything.

Jorge's "ideology" claim, EVEN IF IT WERE TRUE, does not bear upon the validity of the science of evolution.

And this thread has no business even being a science forum!!!

K54

P.S. You ARE too smart for me. Your intelligence exists on a higher plane.

P.P.S. The wisest and most succinct response to the OP should have been in POST #2, to wit:

Big Deal!!!

Comment

It seems to me that abortions for reasons not involving eugenics far outnumber kills of children for eugenic reasons. Moreover, that is not the biggest problem with the world. IMO it's the increasing lack of Christ-centered life. I fear the YEC hullabaloo such as here about eugenics is worsening that problem.
          The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
            I'm not misunderstanding anything.

Jorge's "ideology" claim, EVEN IF IT WERE TRUE, does not bear upon the validity of the science of evolution.

And this thread has no business even being a science forum!!!

K54

P.S. You ARE too smart for me. Your intelligence exists on a higher plane.

P.P.S. The wisest and most succinct response to the OP should have been in POST #2, to wit:

Big Deal!!!
            (correct me if I am wrong, Jorge)
            but I don't think Jorge was referring to the science of evolution , just the theory.

(of course I may be projecting here )
            To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              Stated. Never demonstrated.

Roy
              There is NO WAY of rationally demonstrating something - anything!!! - to people that have blind, rabid, fiery adherence to an ideology that they wish to believe because, among other things, it allows and justifies their chosen lifestyle.

Chew on that for a couple of years and perhaps you'll 'get it' one day.

Jorge

Comment

The THEORY of evolution IS the science!!!

Scientific THEORY.

Is this one of those areas where you're on a higher intellectual plane than I?

K54

Comment

There is NO WAY of rationally demonstrating something - anything!!! - to people that have blind, rabid, fiery adherence to an ideology that they wish to believe because, among other things, it allows and justifies their chosen lifestyle.

Chew on that for a couple of years and perhaps you'll 'get it' one day.

Jorge
                  Wow, thanks for the masterful job of projection, but I've already seen the movie.

I am curious as to what lifestyle you refer?

K54

Comment

Jorge
                    There's certainly no way when the one making the claim is too cowardly to even try.

Comment

Originally posted by jordanriver View Post

It's possible to be overly gracious, you know. The first time, second, third, fourth ... yeah, go ahead and be extra-nice and give 'em the benefit of the doubt. After the fifteenth and twenty-third time ... to do so is not being nice, it's being foolish, naive and ignorant ... you're being played!

In passing, a quick comment regarding that sig line: "If anyone, anywhere, stated they had proof of Darwin's theory, they were wrong. By definition. Period. Roy." I agree with what that says. HOWEVER...

... they sure do live and act as if they had PROVEN Darwinism, don't they? I mean, consider some of their own statements such as, "Evolution is a fact, Fact, FACT!" and "Anyone who does not believe in evolution is either ignorant, stupid, insane or wicked..." (or words to that effect). These are just a few of hundreds of similar statements. Thus, in words and deeds they most certainly do send the clearest of signals that Evolution is a "proven" thing.

Now, I understand quite well, thank you, that in science we cannot "prove" things, only support them. But truth be told, that is not how Evolutionists - especially the hard-core type - feel about it. To them, Evolution is in essence "proven".

Last but not least, do not forget that there are TWO 'evolutions'. This leads to something that may appear to contradict what I've just said - it doesn't. Here's it is: it is indeed a PROVEN fact (observations and repeatable experiments will confirm this time and again) that evolution occurs -- allele frequencies in populations do change over time and these changes are manifested in the phenotypes of individuals in the population. Again, this is indeed a PROVEN fact.

Ahhh ... but then there's Evolution.

There's more but I've had enough.

Jorge

Comment

The THEORY of evolution IS the science!!!

Scientific THEORY.

Is this one of those areas where you're on a higher intellectual plane than I?

K54
                        maybe its my public education.

my science teacher in his monotone elocution, said (he sounded like Ben Stein) "Science .......is work"

.... "science is work, gathering recording data .....and if you do the work .........gather adequate data, then you can formulate a hypothesis, .....

not everybody will agree on the interpretation of the data, so it is possible to come up with more than one theory.

someone might conclude, from their interpretation of the data, that the history recorded in the Bible is false, and if there is a god , he/she is not represented in the Bible.

and based on earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, children with leukemia and cystic fibrosis, rampant rapes, murders, addictions, that if there is somebody who created this, and its not the God of the Bible who turns out to be Messiah who rescues humanity from the problem of the world, well, eventually,
                        ....but, if its not Bible-God, then whoever created this mess must be capricious, and obviously cares not what happens
                        ....IOW, the same as if there is no god to answer to

.....and if life = 'no god, or the same as if there is no god to answer to'

then as Dostoyevsky says, "everything is allowed" (everything is permitted)

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                          There's certainly no way when the one making the claim is too cowardly to even try.
                          Ya noticed how I don't even waste my time with you any more, Beagle Boy?
                          If you hadn't noticed then allow me to draw your attention to it.

Jorge

Comment

Wow, thanks for the masterful job of projection, but I've already seen the movie.
                            Stupid nonsense - Santa Klaus' specialization.

I am curious as to what lifestyle you refer?

K54
                            The one where you get to believe in whatever you choose and when God's Word appears to stand in your way you simply change the interpretation and/or toss out the Words altogether so that you may preside over your own life without God's interference - THAT lifestyle - the one practiced by all Atheists/Humanists and most Theistic Evolutionists.

Jorge

Comment

Last but not least, do not forget that there are TWO 'evolutions'. This leads to something that may appear to contradict what I've just said - it doesn't. Here's it is: it is indeed a PROVEN fact (observations and repeatable experiments will confirm this time and again) that evolution occurs -- allele frequencies in populations do change over time and these changes are manifested in the phenotypes of individuals in the population. Again, this is indeed a PROVEN fact.

Ahhh ... but then there's Evolution.

There's more but I've had enough.

Jorge
                              I guess this is just like there's meteorology which is based on observation and proven fact, and there's Meteorology which contradicts the literal word of the Bible. Big "M" Meteorology would deal with the origin of rain, drought, clouds, frost, wind etc.

Since you understand all these things Jorge, you absence from my essays on Evolution is very noticeable.

Comment

Stupid nonsense - Santa Klaus' specialization.

The one where you get to believe in whatever you choose and when God's Word appears to stand in your way you simply change the interpretation and/or toss out the Words altogether so that you may preside over your own life without God's interference - THAT lifestyle - the one practiced by all Atheists/Humanists and most Theistic Evolutionists.

Jorge
                                Quick question.

I'm thinking of converting. Does your side have cookies?

Thanks in advance for your response!

K54

Comment