Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Holding their feet to the fire ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
    I've addressed this before (in other threads) and so I'll answer the above very concisely:
    One has to MISuse the Bible in order to support a number of atrocities.
    OTOH, the LOGICAL application of Evolution supports eugenics, euthanasia, abortion, etc.
    The evidence for this is beyond overwhelming.

There you have it - short, sweet and true.
    Now it's up to you to either accept or reject this truth.

Jorge
    And you have to MISapply the scientific theory of evolution to justify all the travesties you described.

A MISapplicaton of a scientific theory doesn't obviate the science -- no matter how many threads you start spouting the same category error.

How can you stand the smell of your mendacity?

K54

P.S. "Can Jorge create a thread with intellectual dishonesty SO BIG, that even he can't slither out of??"

So far there is no evidence to the contrary.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
      The Bible - among a number of religious texts - has been misused to support any number of atrocities. Alfred Nobel's work on explosives earned him the epithet, "merchant of death". Why would anyone expect different for the The Theory of Evolution?
      How would the Theory of Evolution be a "merchant of death?" What evil could this theory be responsible for?
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        Lets say all you're saying is true Jorge, so what?
        So what? you ask. That's a fair question.

How about beginning by realizing and then accepting what most people deny, Deny and DENY: that Evolution has a dual definition, one science and the other a nefarious, damning ideology that is part of a greater metaphysic/worldview/religion? [As you know, I have been preaching that lesson since my first day here] And having come to this realization and acceptance, how about looking at things differently, with this newly-acquired knowledge? How about coming to terms with what is being pumped into your children at schools under the guise of "science" when in reality it's the metaphysical beliefs of certain wackos that are hell-bent on converting everyone to those beliefs? How about looking at the bigger picture and fighting against the forces that are slowly but surely destroying the world that you and your loved ones must live in?

The list is much longer than what I've listed here but how about starting with that?

Jorge

Comment

nnnnnnnnn
          Last edited by Jorge; 09-01-2014, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            How would the Theory of Evolution be a "merchant of death?" What evil could this theory be responsible for?
            According to Jorge, the Theory of Evolution gave rise to Eugenics*. Therefore, the Theory of Evolution is inherently an evil.

*(OK - Eugenics is more about genetics than it is about evolution, but eugenics did apply evolutionary theory in its rationale)
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
              And you have to MISapply the scientific theory of evolution to justify all the travesties you described.

A MISapplicaton of a scientific theory doesn't obviate the science -- no matter how many threads you start spouting the same category error.

How can you stand the smell of your mendacity?

K54

P.S. "Can Jorge create a thread with intellectual dishonesty SO BIG, that even he can't slither out of??"

So far there is no evidence to the contrary.
              I have stated more times than I can recall that there is a SCIENCE of evolution and then there is an IDEOLOGY of Evolution. The IDEOLOGY is part of the greater Materialistic metaphysic/worldview/religion. I have repeatedly stated that the SCIENCE is valid (allele frequencies ... etc). No one (certainly not I) is disputing the SCIENCE. It is the IDEOLOGY that is the poison being pumped into society with people like yourself serving the pawn-role as distributors of said poison.

Now, you have your one warning. If your contributions will only be destructive and non-responsive, then stay off this thread. The next time I will formally ask the Moderators to boot you off.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Ah yes a picture of some hardbound copies of the Eugenics Quarterly goes a long way in proving ... well ... um ... nothing really does it.
                After reading the above I had no need to read any further.

In a slightly different way you belong to the same 'category' as Beagle Boy, Roy
                and Santa Klaus. Trust me when I say that this is nothing to list on your resume.

Now kindly stay away from this thread ... I'm hoping to see if any worthwhile
                comments are posted.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by phank View Post
                  Every now and then, just for grins, someone will go to the trouble of tracking down all the footnotes in a creationist tract. Most citations fall into one of three categories: the source doesn't exist at all, the source exists but the cited quote is not found in it, or the quote exists in the source but in context says the opposite of what it's represented as saying.
                  If that is the extent of your (worthless) contribution here then I am
                  formally asking that you stay away from this thread. I'm looking for
                  worthwhile postings, not your poisonous putrid propaganda.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                    Looks like it was Evolution Spews and Snooze quoting Moonie Jonathan Wells' trash book The Myth of Junk DNA from 2011

linky
                    If that is the extent of your (worthless) contribution here then I am
                    formally asking that you stay away from this thread. I'm looking for
                    worthwhile postings, not your poisonous putrid propaganda.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                      You're OFF this thread, Santa Klaus.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                        According to Jorge, the Theory of Evolution gave rise to Eugenics*. Therefore, the Theory of Evolution is inherently an evil.

*(OK - Eugenics is more about genetics than it is about evolution, but eugenics did apply evolutionary theory in its rationale)

How on earth did it exist before the study of genetics then? Eugenics goes back as far as 1869(Galton termed his "Hereditary Genius" to be in the field of eugenics, and he invented the term, so I think he would know). The word genetics was coined in 1905. Then there's the fact that a major eugenics "research lab" in Cold Spring Harbor was called "The Station for Experimental Evolution".

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

How on earth did it exist before the study of genetics then? Eugenics goes back as far as 1869(Galton termed his "Hereditary Genius" to be in the field of eugenics, and he invented the term, so I think he would know). The word genetics was coined in 1905. Then there's the fact that a major eugenics "research lab" in Cold Spring Harbor was called "The Station for Experimental Evolution".
                          Selective breeding is about genetics. That selective breeding (in effect, eugenics) was practiced for centuries before the underlying principles were known doesn't change what was being done.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                            Jorge, please show us you do know what Klaus means by "total category error" here.
                            I'll give you the benefit of the doubt (this one time) and remind you that there is a science of evolution and then there is an Evolution ideology that serves a Materialistic metaphysic/worldview/belief system (religion).

Santa Klaus dishonestly ignores everything that I have written and explained on this and proceeds to accuse me of misapplying the evolution science when I am actually referring to the Evolutionary worldview - the second version of Evolution.

As many times as I have posted about this, Santa's accusations cannot possibly stem from ignorance. Rather, Santa Klaus knowingly and willingly continues promoting his misrepresentations and lies for the childishly-transparent reason that it serves his objectives: to vilify and to promote his sordid beliefs.

In short: what Santa Klaus accuses me of only holds water by ignoring what I have explained over and over. His is rank intellectual dishonesty at its worst. Then - get this - he accuses ME of what HE is practicing!!! Not even Hollywood could make this up.

Clear enough?

Jorge

Comment

IOW you don't know what he means.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Correct you are, C123. And you're just presenting the very tip of a humongous iceberg.

Furthermore, I would love if "tabibito" shows us where he got this "gem": "According to Jorge, the Theory of Evolution gave rise to Eugenics*. Therefore, the Theory of Evolution is inherently an evil." More bluntly, tabibito is LYING - nowhere have I said or implied what he accuses me of here.

What I have said, and here repeat, is that Evolution (the mix of science and ideology) has been and is being used even today to "scientifically" JUSTIFY the practice of eugenics, euthanasia, abortion, genocide and a great many other evils inflicting our world.

Anyone not agreeing with my claim above can only be one of two things: (1) ignorant of the facts or, (2) a dishonest person. There is NO THIRD ALTERNATIVE. Ignorance can be cured - all it takes is study, research, etc. Dishonesty is much harder, often impossible to cure because dishonesty rests in the deepest parts of the soul of a person.

Jorge

Comment