Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Social Darwinism and World War I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert Einstein as a young boy, maybe 14 years old, may be as fully conscious as he was in 1905, the Annus Mirabilis year.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

• Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
      Albert Einstein as a young boy, maybe 14 years old, may be as fully conscious as he was in 1905, the Annus Mirabilis year.
      See what I meant, Folks?

K54

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
        So Jorge, when you are going to provide the Social Darwinism -> Word War I connection you mention in the thread title?
        Did you watch the 14-minute video? If you did, then you must belong to the
        pitiful group that needs things s-p-e-l-l-e-d out in order to grasp it.

And FYI, it's not just Social Darwinism --> WWI. Social Darwinism may easily
        be linked with WWII, the Eugenics Movement, euthanasia, abortion, and many
        other social disorders that are taking this world to hell in a handbasket. All it
        takes for a person to discover this is a bit of research, an IQ above that of the
        average gerbil, critical thinking and some good, old-fashioned honesty. So what
        do you say - you got those? Yes? Then go for it! Otherwise, I can't help you.

BTW, the "linking" that I was (am) speaking of is how the fundamental Darwinian
        Principle known as "survival of the fittest" is used (past, present and future) to
        justify wars and many other atrocities (some were listed above). As such,
        linking SD with the aforementioned things is not the same as saying that
        SD causes these things. Knowing how you people like to twist things around, I
        thought it best to clarify this point.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post

other social disorders that are taking this world to hell in a handbasket. All it
          takes for a person to discover this is a bit of research, an IQ above that of the

Principle known as "survival of the fittest" is used (past, present and future) to

Jorge
          Killer Newton, and all the death, maiming and damage his ideas caused?

Comment

Albert Einstein as a young boy, maybe 14 years old, may be as fully conscious as he was in 1905, the Annus Mirabilis year.
            huh?!?!?!
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Jorge
              How many times do you have to be told that Social Darwinism is not scientific evidence against the science of the scientific theory of evolution, including "Darwinism" through the Modern Synthesis through the current wildly consilient and rich unifying theory of biology.

Abusus usum non tollit.

I also gave a few of the real reasons for the Great War, all of which are aspects of human nature that existed millennia before Darwin, the Divine Right of Kings, e.g.

Your persistence in the grossest intellectual dishonesty will be pointed out when you barf it up.

K54

P.S. Hamite curse and racism -- chew on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                How many times do you have to be told that Social Darwinism is not scientific evidence against the science of the scientific theory of evolution, including "Darwinism" through the Modern Synthesis through the current wildly consilient and rich unifying theory of biology.

Abusus usum non tollit.

I also gave a few of the real reasons for the Great War, all of which are aspects of human nature that existed millennia before Darwin, the Divine Right of Kings, e.g.

Your persistence in the grossest intellectual dishonesty will be pointed out when you barf it up.

K54

P.S. Hamite curse and racism -- chew on that.
                STOP wasting my time and that of everyone else. You refuse to listen or learn anything that opposes your hidden Materialistic agenda which you incessantly promote under the guise of being "Christian". Your gig is up, Santa; you are exposed, you're out in the open stark naked; you've been 'made'.

Best thing for you to do is to pack up and slither your way out of here.

Jorge

Comment

STOP wasting my time and that of everyone else. You refuse to listen or learn anything that opposes your hidden Materialistic agenda which you incessantly promote under the guise of being "Christian". Your gig is up, Santa; you are exposed, you're out in the open stark naked; you've been 'made'.

Jorge
                  I will keep calling you out on your cowardly intellectual dishonesty wherever and whenever it shows its ugly face -- which is in every one of your posts.

For the umpteenth time, a cultural misapplication of a scientific theory does not obviate the science.

Pure and simple. Clear as a bell.

I adjure you to STOP MISLEADING THE READERS!!!

Although that is like asking a wet dog not to stink.

K54

P.S. Read a history book and learn the REAL reasons for the Great War.

Comment

• Jorge, I wonder if you do understand what rationalization is and how often people rationalize?
                    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                      I will keep calling you out on your cowardly intellectual dishonesty wherever and whenever it shows its ugly face -- which is in every one of your posts.
                      Yeah, right ... like we're supposed to take your word on this.
                      Especially given the fact of your blatant, continuous dishonesty.
                      Tell you what ... why don't you hold your breath while I make up my mind on this.

For the umpteenth time, a cultural misapplication of a scientific theory does not obviate the science.
                      And for the umpteenth-squared time, the application of the Darwinian Principle as justification is LOGICAL, hardly a "cultural misapplication" as your Evo-Faith demands that you believe. And if you wish to continue believing that, that's fine. Just keep your sordid pagan beliefs out of other people's faces.

Pure and simple. Clear as a bell.
                      Just because it's "clear as a bell" does not make it true.

I adjure you to STOP MISLEADING THE READERS!!!

Although that is like asking a wet dog not to stink.

K54
                      Those last statements have earned you the Irony of the Decade Award. You have no peers, Santa Klaus. In fact, you may have surpassed Beagle Boy - something that I once thought was utterly impossible. Just goes to prove that we may all learn something new every day.

P.S. Read a history book and learn the REAL reasons for the Great War.
                      Don't be so freaking 'naive', Santa, on top of your well-known intellectual dishonesty.

Your gig is up, Santa; you are exposed, you're out in the open stark naked; you've been 'made'.

Jorge

Comment

Jorge, I wonder if you do understand what rationalization is and how often people rationalize?
                        Are you serious? I mean, truly serious? Or perhaps you've been
                        exposed for too long to certain 'specimens' here on TWeb (?).

Jorge

Comment

Yeah, right ... like we're supposed to take your word on this.
                          Especially given the fact of your blatant, continuous dishonesty.
                          But the fact is people here don't take your word for things because of your blatant, continuous dishonesty. In case you hadn't noticed.
                          Last edited by HMS_Beagle; 08-27-2014, 09:51 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Are you serious? I mean, truly serious? Or perhaps you've been
                            exposed for too long to certain 'specimens' here on TWeb (?).

Jorge
                            No one needs my word. Your posts and my responses are here in public.

Misapplication of a scientific theory does not obviate the science.

Try 1) the flawed human nature (that's the traditional Christian view) or 2) the Divine Right of Kings (I King 1).

Did you read up on the history of The Great War? Apparently not else you would know the real causes.

Even IF Social Darwinism had something to do with WWI, then 1) Social Darwinism is NOT evolutionary theory, 2) does NOT obviate the SCIENCE in any case.

I'll keep pointing this out until you admit your mistake or abandon the thread.

K54

Comment

• I love Jorge's projection of "slither".

Perfect!

K54

Comment

And for the umpteenth-squared time, the application of the Darwinian Principle as justification is LOGICAL, hardly a "cultural misapplication" as your Evo-Faith demands that you believe. And if you wish to continue believing that, that's fine. Just keep your sordid pagan beliefs out of other people's faces.
                                The theory of evolution does not proscribe any action, so there is no "Darwinian Principle" to apply. It seems that you don't understand the Is/Ought problem or the Naturalistic Fallacy.

You might as well claim that throwing people off of tall buildings is applying the materialistic Newtonian principle. It makes as much sense.

Comment