Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

energy physics and the Divine attributes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shunyadragon
    replied
    Originally posted by selfreasoning4all View Post
    Before I can highlight the physics I need to share with you a new piece of epistemology that advances physics;

Inductions solely derived from observations are called scientific facts.

Well, you can use inductions as premises in a deduction. For a deduction; the truth value of the premises transfers to the conclusion.

If the inductions are scientific facts, used as premises in a deduction, then the conclusion is a scientific fact.

now on to the physics;

energy is eternal

proof; ∑E = Ek+Ep

Scientific Fact (1); Conservation of energy; energy cannot be created nor destroyed.

energy cannot be created

ergo by time reversal symmetry it is a scientific fact that energy never was created

ergo energy cannot be created, never was created, energy exists and yet cannot be destroyed,

ergo it is a scientific fact that energy is eternal. Q.E.D.

energy is omnipresent

proof; E = (ω h)/2

Scientific Fact (2); Vacuum energy or zero point energy; there is an amount of energy equal to (hв‹…П‰)/2 in every single point in space.

ergo it is a scientific fact that energy is everywhere present Q.E.D.

eternal and omnipresent energy is all-power-full

proof; P = ∫ ∇ E dv

Scientific Fact (3); Power is the transformation of energy over space and time.

All expressions of power are transformations of energy

ergo it is a scientific fact that eternal and omnipresent energy [S1 & S2] is all-power-full Q.E.D.

eternal and omnipresent energy is self-causal

proof;

Scientific Corollary (1); Every cause involves energy and every effect involves energy [S3]

ergo it is a scientific fact that eternal and omnipresent energy [S1 & S2] is self-causal or teleological Q.E.D.

eternal and omnipresent energy is self-descriptive

proof; S = -kBTr(ρ ln ρ)

Scientific Fact (4); Entropy is equal to the minimum amount of information needed (number of yes/no questions that need to be answered) in order to fully specify the microstate, given that we know the macrostate.

Describing is the act of making informational distinctions; in this case, collapsing the superposition creates information; endomorphic self-description.

ergo it is a scientific fact that eternal and omnipresent energy [S1 & S2] is self-descriptive. Q.E.D.

It is a scientific fact that the Divine exists.

Proof--It is a scientific fact that energy is eternal and omnipresent [S1 & S2]. It is a scientific fact that eternal and omnipresent energy is all-power-full, self-causal, and self-descriptive [S3, Sc1, & S4]. Eternal, omnipresent, all-power-full, self-causal, self-descriptive energy has the same properties as the Divine. By virtue of the identity of indiscernibles eternal, omnipresent, all-power-full, self-causal, self-descriptive energy is the Divine. Ergo it is a scientific fact that the Divine exists. Q.E.D.

resolved paradox of omnipotence

If the Divine could or did destroy itself, it would not be eternal, in other words, it would not be Divine. Power is defined as the transformation of energy, not the destruction of energy. The inability to destroy itself does not contradict being all-power-full. Therefore the Divine cannot destroy itself.

To create and to lift both involve the transformation of energy. The Divine is an infinite energy and a rock which has finite form cannot exist in an infinite substantial state. Therefore the Divine cannot create a rock that it cannot lift.

Therefore the Divine is natural.

Note; Resolving the omnipotence paradox as a scientific fact demonstrates the scientific proof has increased or clarified our understanding of the Divine.

resolved paradox of physical-spiritual

Define "physical";

By physical, does one mean 3-space local realism at no greater than the speed of light?

such that the following are non-physical (spiritual?);

(1) any spacial dimensions higher than 3

(2) non-locality and quantum entanglement

(3) superluminal speed and negative refractive index

Or by "physical" does one equivocate to mean "natural"?

The Divine is natural.

Since many people look up to Einstein with respects to science (and besides he expresses the idea quite well); I won't feel wrong in quoting him in this regards;

"the most beautiful and most profound religious emotion that we can experience is the sensation of the mystical. And this mysticality is the power of all true science. If there is any such concept as a God, it is a subtle spirit, not an image of a man that so many have fixed in their minds. In essence, my religion consists of a humble admiration for this illimitable superior spirit that reveals itself in the slight details that we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble minds"

Let me put this in argument form; IF we understand "science as the study of the Divine", then as an act of religious devotion we want to study God or learn more about God all the more; such powerful emotions provoking productivity and innovation no doubt evolve or advance the field!

Since this is the most practical framework to understand the notion of God and of science; God does indeed exist! Q.E.D. Note; this is using constructivist epistemology from the perspective of pragmatism
    Divine attributes are often revealed before they are discovered by humans.

'Split the atom's heart, and lo!
    within it thou wilt find a sun,"

Baha'u'llah The Seven Valleys and the Four Valleys

Leave a comment:

• klaus54
    replied
    Totally awesome!

K54

Leave a comment:

• selfreasoning4all
    replied
    Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
    Have you perfected the Flux Capacitor yet?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flux_density

Leave a comment:

• klaus54
    replied
    Well, that is only true for the hydrogen atom. In cases where there is more than one electron (such as in materials), the "Planck Length" can be any size, all the way done to the limit of zero in catylitic processes.

In every single point in space there is a (longitudinal, transverse, and pulsed) radiation convergence, which converging to the zero point increase the flux density to infinity!
    Have you perfected the Flux Capacitor yet?

K54

Leave a comment:

• klaus54
    replied
    Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Might want to put it after the "is".
    Oops!!! Fumble fingers again. Not is good typing...

Originally posted by Selfie
    Btw, I was disfellowshiped for reproving the Governing Body on a private forum.

I reproved them for taking money from a military corporation, and for their association with the UN.

I can't return because I believe the scriptures say Jehovah is omnipresent, and because I now here voices, that include but are not limited to; Jehovah, Jesus, Michael, Gabriel, Azazel, Odin, Simiel, etc.
    Well, he went from confusing to entertaining (in the Schadenfreude sense) very quickly...

K54

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    P.S. Added the NOT!!!
    Might want to put it after the "is".

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    ???

Oy gevalt!

BTW, "Jehovah" is an awful transliteration of the Tetragrammaton.

K54
    Here's where he mentions the identity of a few of them.

Originally posted by selfreasoning4all
    btw, I was disfellowshiped for reproving the Governing Body on a private forum.

I reproved them for taking money from a military corporation, and for their association with the UN.

I can't return because I believe the scriptures say Jehovah is omnipresent, and because I now here voices, that include but are not limited to; Jehovah, Jesus, Michael, Gabriel, Azazel, Odin, Simiel, etc.

Leave a comment:

• klaus54
    replied
    Absolutely not.

Unless, or course, Selfie uses his personal definition of sentience.

This combined with his broad definition of "Divine" proves at least that his syfy story NOT is demonstrating theism.

K54
    P.S. Added the NOT!!!

Leave a comment:

• klaus54
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Wow... Klaus and I agree on something...

The universe will shortly implode.

K54

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    ???

Oy gevalt!

BTW, "Jehovah" is an awful transliteration of the Tetragrammaton.

K54
    Wow... Klaus and I agree on something...

Leave a comment:

• selfreasoning4all
    replied
    mysticality tends to advance science
    by virtue of providing emotional fuel

Leave a comment:

• selfreasoning4all
    replied
    Originally posted by phank View Post
    Of course not. No scientist would call a proposed explanation of any set of observations a "fact". Indeed, in science there ARE no facts, since every observation is a model of some lower level of abstraction.
    concrete particular observables do get generalized (induction), which is of course abstraction; and yes science is usually theorized to be reductive, i.e. we try to postulate the macroscopic phenomena from the models of the microscopic.

However, there might be holism

And anyway, even if the "microscopic" models (or definitions/abstractions) are incomplete (as they inherently are if one uses induction (i.e. problem of induction), we still have a scientific fact if it is in every interpretation completely in harmony with every known observation

So your attempt to use Pure Reason to derive your foregone conclusion founders on the uncertainty, ambiguity, and limitations of your premises.
    ALL science suffers from the problem of induction, not just my reasoning in the OP.

However, you might notice that my premises are the least uncertain, least ambiguious, of all know physics!!!

When the Real World must be distorted beyond all recognition in order to force foregone conclusions, it makes me nervous.
    mysticality tends to advance science

Leave a comment:

• selfreasoning4all
    replied
    Time-translational symmetry is equivalent to conservation of energy. In a closed system dS >= 0 so entropy gives a "arrow" to time, so time is not "reversible" -- unless you believe our universe is infinite.
    if energy cannot be created, then it never was created

are you denying this?

Do you believe our universe is infinite and thus a thermodynamically open system?
    I don't know if the universe' extension is infinite; however, if it were infinite, how would it be an open system?

Leave a comment:

• selfreasoning4all
    replied
    Of course you're aware that the Planck Length is the limit in size for any process involving energy since G and h break down into "quantum foam" at that scale.
    Well, that is only true for the hydrogen atom. In cases where there is more than one electron (such as in materials), the "Planck Length" can be any size, all the way done to the limit of zero in catylitic processes.

Ergo, Energy cannot be "infinite", again in any standard definition of the term. Do you want to redefine "infinite" as well?
    In every single point in space there is a (longitudinal, transverse, and pulsed) radiation convergence, which converging to the zero point increase the flux density to infinity!

Leave a comment:

• selfreasoning4all
    replied
    1) Observe an egg. Concluding that it's from a chicken is not induction but observation based on a previous observation.
    1. you see chicken laying an egg 2. you find another egg that looks like that chicken egg; therefore the egg you found is a chicken egg

This looks like a deduction.

2) There are MANY theological words that are not used in the Bible; including omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent, Trinity...
    Supernatural is a standard term.
    Granted, but where is the scripture that would even imply the existence of anything supernatural, save a miracle that humans don't understand?

3) In what sense is energy "conscious" -- this is a huge mistake in your "induction".
    every cause involves energy and every effect involves energy, therefore the eternal and omnipresent energy is self-causal or self-deterministic; self-determinism is consciousness

4) At BEST you are supporting a form of pantheism.
    monistic pantheism

Leave a comment: