Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Measurement Problem (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Measurement Problem (Video)

Thoughts? It's a new vid by IP.

-The universe begins to look more like a great thought than a great machine.
    Sir James Jeans

-This most beautiful system (The Universe) could only proceed from the dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.All variety of created objects which represent order and Life in the Universe could happen only by the willful reasoning of its original Creator, whom I call the Lord God.
    Sir Isaac Newton

Originally posted by Quantum Weirdness View Post
    Thoughts? It's a new vid by IP.
    They appear to be claiming that human consciousness is responsible for the outcomes of these experiments, but their evidence only shows that the outcome is affected by how the experiment is configured. Since such experiments can be and are automated, such that he decision regarding which property to measure can be made weeks or months before the actual measurement, and the experimenter could be hundreds of miles away when the experiment actually takes place, I think the effect they describe is more likely to be due to the way in which properties are measured. Rather like the mass of a limestone sample being different after you use mass spectroscopy to check its oxygen isotope ratio, than it would be if you'd used hydrochloric acid to measure its carbonate composition.

But I'm no expert in this area.

Roy
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

I believe in a 'Source' some call god(s) as the Creator not a necessary observer,. Also, it is most likely that Natural existence functions very well based on Natural Law as it does wthout an outside observer, human or divine. I do not believe that the evidence supports human consciousness is the cause of the outcome of the tests.

I will listen to it again and respond in more detail.
      Last edited by shunyadragon; 08-02-2014, 06:40 PM.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Vaguer than hydrenos, and neutrinos

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          I believe in a 'Source' some call god(s) is the Creator not a necessary observer, but the argument for the necessity of an outside observer is too circular to be real. Also, it is possible that of Natural existence could very well function as it does without an outside observer.

I will listen to it again and respond in more detail.
          Uhh explain???
          -The universe begins to look more like a great thought than a great machine.
          Sir James Jeans

-This most beautiful system (The Universe) could only proceed from the dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.All variety of created objects which represent order and Life in the Universe could happen only by the willful reasoning of its original Creator, whom I call the Lord God.
          Sir Isaac Newton

Comment