Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Is "Origins" Science differ from (to) "Historical" Science?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
    You would love for that to be true so as to feel "justified" in your anti-biblical beliefs. Allow me to be the first to inform you that you are as unjustified in those beliefs as you are wrong and nothing you can do will change that.

How's that for "bile"?

Jorge
    Take note of my post to which Jon replied.

You are EVERYTHING I said there.

Did it EVER occur to you that IF your PA exegesis is wrong, then YOU are trashing Scripture?

You have no

1) Unambiguous reading of the Genesis stories which can be mapped to nature.

2) Understanding of the consilience of scientific evidence..

3) Desire to have an adult repartee on the issues.

Three strikes and you're OUT!

PA is NONSENSE when applied to the HOW of "historical" science.

Recognize that and move on. Stick with teaching your Primary Sunday School class at your local GARBC Church.

K54

Comment

Let me begin by saying that I regard you in the same way as I do your ideological comrade, rwatts (Roland). As such, after this do not seek (at least for a spell) additional replies from me. You may, of course, have the final word.

Yes, I've heard of "protostars" and no, they have NOT been observed to collapse. They cannot be 'observed' (you ignorant buffoon!) because the collapse process - by their own theories and admission - would take thousands to millions of years to occur. What they do is make certain observations and the rest is conjecture based on theories and ideology. It's just the same as in the ideology of Evolution: they make an observation (such as a fossil) and then use their ideology with plenty of imagination and plaster of Paris to construct their fairy tale.

Nope - but as in many other things, you are totally ignorant about the concept of an unbroken chain of evidence. And, NO, I shan't waste my time educating you on it.

What it actually sounds like is that you're an intellectually dishonest witless senile old clown.

Thanks for providing that proof that you understand NOTHING about these concepts.
      Stick to your day job, Santa - ya ain't got much of a future at anything else.

Now, just as I asked of your pal, stay clear of my path.

Jorge
      Yet another example of Jorge's ignorance of the consilience of science.

Stars are being observed right now in all stages of formation - your abject ignorance, mendacious blathering, and apologetic wishful thinking otherwise.

What's YOUR explanation for all them there stars and nebulae out there, thousands and millions of LY distance? Dat's right. You don't got none.

Consilience, baby.

Truth can be very uncomfortable.

K54

P.S. Hey, did you ever address why there was a Garden separate from the rest of eretz?

For a PA like you, it should be no sweat (as it were!)

Comment

Originally posted by headheart View Post
        Have you written a peer-reviewed essay, or book explaining your view of Biblical Creationism? Or, is there some work which you highly esteem, which explains the view you espouse? Please direct me to it, so that I my gain some insight into your view?
        98% (give or take) of my view is as you will find on the websites of Creation Ministries International (CMI), Institute for Creation Research (ICR), Apologetics Press (AP), Answer in Genesis (AI) and others. Note that I said 98% (give or take) - I did not say 100%. A view may be expressed in one of those sites that I do not share.

If you want more than that then Without Excuse, a book that I co-authored with Werner Gitt and Bob Compton, published in 2011, will give you more insights. Anything beyond that just ask.

Jorge

b.t.w -- which path is this that we must be stay clear of?
        Was that you I was speaking to or was it Santa Klaus54 and rwatts?

Jorge

Comment

Was that you I was speaking to or was it Santa Klaus54 and rwatts?

Jorge
          You were likely speaking with rwatts or me since we're the ones you fear most. You hate to be pressed on scientific issues that can't address or distort your way around.

Heck, you can't even address Biblical issues either.

1) Where's your unambiguous reading of the Genesis stories that counters consilient science?

2) Why was there a Garden if eretz were in a state of pre-Fall "perfection"?

3) Do you understand "consilience"?

K54

P.S. We will keep pestering you until you address questions or scram.

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
            The time when humans became moral agents responsible for their behavior is also important, but this lies in mystery allegorized by the Garden story.
            Dr. David Lahti's lecture on the Evolution of Morality: here 15h November 2011 - been awhile since I listened to this lecture.

Allegory? Perhaps -- maybe it was just one of those ancient stories which grew and grew over time, until eventually what started out as a horrific tale of the first couple to die from a snake bite in the bush -- became magical folklore -- hey, what else would gypsy-nomads talk about, around a camp fire?

P.S. Slightly off-topic of this post, but the comparison of 4.5 Ga to 6Ka, using water depth as an analogy, is like comparing the Marianas Trench to a puddle about 1 cm deep.
            6Ka? 6kA means 6 000 amps -- surely you mean ka, not Ka?

Or, perhaps you mean kya: 'Appearance of Homo sapiens, c. 200 kya'*

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year

Comment

If you want more than that then Without Excuse, a book that I co-authored with Werner Gitt and Bob Compton, published in 2011, will give you more insights. Anything beyond that just ask.
              Was the title, lifted from the work of St. Paul?

Romans 1:20 NASB
              For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
              Is it a Science book, or a theological work? Has it been peer-reviewed? If so, by whom?

Comment

Originally posted by headheart View Post
                Dr. David Lahti's lecture on the Evolution of Morality: here 15h November 2011 - been awhile since I listened to this lecture.

Allegory? Perhaps -- maybe it was just one of those ancient stories which grew and grew over time, until eventually what started out as a horrific tale of the first couple to die from a snake bite in the bush -- became magical folklore -- hey, what else would gypsy-nomads talk about, around a camp fire?

6Ka? 6kA means 6 000 amps -- surely you mean ka, not Ka?

Or, perhaps you mean kya: 'Appearance of Homo sapiens, c. 200 kya'*

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year
                Allegory is the most attractive and logical to me. I have no idea if there was a single Adam and the Woman or a population or whatever. And since God is not constrained by our spacetime, I have no problem with leaving it in the mystery category.

Foolishness to Jorge and the Atheists, but... so sue!

BTW, Ka = "thousand(s) of years ago" (Kiloanna), Ma = "Million(s) [mega] of years ago, Ga = "Billion(s) [Giga] years ago."

Standard geo- and astrochronological terminology.

Sorry about not explaining it. It's efficient notation, and I'm use to it.

K54

Comment

Yes, I've heard of "protostars" and no, they have NOT been observed to collapse. They cannot be 'observed' (you ignorant buffoon!) because the collapse process - by their own theories and admission - would take thousands to millions of years to occur.
                  Riiight.

So the atomic theory of matter was mere ideology before the invention of the electron microscope which gave us he potential to "observe" atoms. Microevolution in the wild is mere ideology because no one actually observes it. It's always noticed after the event, and so turns out to be something that happened in the unobservable past.

Good one Jorge.

No wonder you don't want to talk to us.

Comment