Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

CRPS/RSD May Be Caused By Autoimmune Problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRPS/RSD May Be Caused By Autoimmune Problems.

Source: hcplive Rachel Lutz

n cooperation with researchers from the University of Pecs in Hungary, the scientists successfully transferred antibodies from the serum of patients with CRPS to mice, where they found many of the symptoms to be replicated in the animal models. Some of the symptoms included severe pain lasting for many years, limb swelling, hair and nail growth changes, and muscle atrophy. “CRPS is a serious condition which isn’t fully understood,” Dr. Andreas Goebel, leader of the study, said in a press release. “The findings of this study hint at a cause for it — harmful serum autoantibodies — and raise the possibility of finding a treatment.” - See more at: http://www.hcplive.com/articles/Comp....lxccOBpK.dpuf

© Copyright Original Source

Full paper here.

Still trying to figure this out myself. Especially the part saying it's not caused by trauma*.

*Yes, I know that can be the case, but in my experience it has been mostly preceded by some form of injury.

Autoimmune issues are some of the nastiest health concerns.

Thanks for sharing this!

K54

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
      Autoimmune issues are some of the nastiest health concerns.

Thanks for sharing this!

K54
      Well, that would fit with RSD then. Unfortunately I know this from personal experience. I've had it for over 14 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        Well, that would fit with RSD then. Unfortunately I know this from personal experience. I've had it for over 14 years now.
        I know in the past that flare-ups have caused you some serious issues. Is your condition more or less stable now?

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
          I know in the past that flare-ups have caused you some serious issues. Is your condition more or less stable now?
          As long as we keep things stable in the environment I tend to manage. However, certain things, such as getting bumped into(happened at my brothers wedding), and well, I hate to admit this, but getting into a frustrating discussion can stress me out. So sometimes I just need to back off and do something relaxing.

Other than that, I tend to have a certain baseline. Unfortunately after that last car wreck I never got back to the best one I have had since I got RSD.

Comment