Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Lawsuit because science is silenced

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by The Pixie View Post
    They were fired for not signing a document that required them to be creationists.

    They were happy to sign the original statement of faith, but were fired for not signing the revised version, which was more explicitly creationist. This, as far as I can see, they were fired for not being creationists.

    By the way, the revision of the statement of faith contravened the original charter of the college, as pointed out above.

    This is clearly nonsense as the discovery of soft tissue has been published in the peer-reviwed literature.

    What the institute did in this instance was to modify that Articles of Faith to make it creationist, and then fire those who would not sign up as creationists.

    That is an underhand way of firing them for being evolutionists.

    We will have to wait to see if that happens.

    Right now, we have two professors who were fired for being evolutionists.

    You tell me. You are the one who suggested it. It sounded pretty stupid when I read it.

    Maybe they strongly believe in the ideals the college was set up to promote. The ideals that creationists have sullied by pushing their own agenda on the college.

    Maybe they like have jobs.

    I think we can agree there. One is flagrant discrimination on the basis of religious viewpoint and the other is just some creationist whining.
    Okee-dokee ...

    A horse may be led to water, but it can't be made to drink.

    Jorge

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
      It's actually a bit more complicated than that. Bryant had a statement of faith that these professors agreed with completely. In Bryant's charter, it was specified that that statement of faith could not be changed. But the current administration decided they could add a "clarification" to the statement, which changed things enough that the professors felt they could no longer agree to it.

      Is a clarification a change? No idea personally, but it is apparently something that the court will decide. I'm actually hoping this is a case that doesn't get settled before hand, because it appears to touch on interesting and complicated issues.
      I agree with the spirit of your post.

      I believe that the "clarification" aspect will be proven. Then again, these things are held at a secular court and so (1) anything may happen and, (2) there will be bias favoring the secular position (namely, against the college). We'll see.

      Jorge

      Comment


      • #18
        1) Where was his finding reported?

        2) Did he propose an hypothesis to explain his discovery?

        3) What was the squawk about from the university? "Publishing results" should cause no kerfuffle.

        I'd like to hear details and from other source than a biased "freedom of religion" site.

        There must be more to this story than meets Jorge's myopic eye.

        K54

        Comment


        • #19
          Oh, and the firing of the Bryan professors was an underhanded trick by YEC fideists who modified a signed agreement to propagate their false ideology.

          The firing of the electron microscopy professor has NOT been explained, and there MUST be details omitted, likely through more creationist lies.

          As usual, Jorge turns truth on its head.

          Of course this is all he can do since he can't discuss YEC, since there isn't any.

          Nor does he want to discuss YEC creation story "reading", because he has no answers.

          Pitiful!

          K54

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by tabibito View Post
            Given that soft tissue has been found in other dinosaur fossils over the years, and the existence of that tissue noted in respectable scientific journals - the story that finding this particular soft tissue led to dismissal doesn't seem to be overly credible.
            http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scienc...ker-115306469/
            That was precisely what I was thinking. Mary Schweitzer of North Carolina State University announced that her team had recovered the remains of soft tissue-like structures from the femur of a T. rex back in 2005. Since then more has been discovered in another T. rex specimen and from a hadrosaur. Announcing the discovery of some in a triceratops horn just wouldn't be all that shocking or controversial.

            Something about these claims isn't passing the smell test.
            Last edited by rogue06; 07-25-2014, 11:24 AM.

            I'm always still in trouble again

            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by The Pixie View Post
              Right now, we have two professors who were fired for being evolutionists.
              I don't know if they are evolutionists; it's certainly accurate to say they were fired for not being YEC enough. They definitely have a case, we'll see how it plays out.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                You do realize, I certainly hope, that this is an entirely different rationale. Also, they were NOT "fired for not being Creationists". Try harder at reporting accurately. See below...

                Armitage was reporting factual, observable, verifiable facts - i.e., science. But this science had implications that weren't to the liking of the (Materialistic) Establishment - they cannot and will not "allow the Holy Foot in the door". Armitage reported findings that challenged the Establishment's religious dogma thus making him a heretic to be punished.

                In the case of Barnett and DeGeorge, they are working for an institution that requires (i.e., it's a formal, declared requisite) that the employees share/abide by/promote the Articles of Faith of that institution. The employees are free to accept or reject. If they accept, they may be employees; if they reject, they may not be employees - period, end of story.

                Do you think that the NCSE would accept as an employee anyone subscribing to and promoting a 'young' Earth? Of course not. And if an employee at the NCSE converted to Biblical Creationism, that person would very likely be dismissed in short order.

                Besides that, why would a Biblical Creationist wish to work at the NCSE - a place that is totally against his faith/beliefs? Likewise, why would DeGeorge and Barnett wish to remain at Bryan College if the place promotes beliefs that they do not share?

                Like I said, those are two totally separate legal issues and should not be conflated.

                Jorge
                In the case of DeGeorge and Barnett at Bryan College in Dayton, Tennessee[1], they had conformed to their guidelines (i.e., they are indeed creationists) but this past May a new declaration of faith was issued. As a result the two tenured professors were terminated, nearly a full quarter of the faculty quit instead of signing and a letter of protest was signed by 700 of the nearly 1250 students (including the student body president) there.

                There has been an outbreak of similar cases in recent years. In 2012 Cedarville University near Dayton Ohio[2] dismissed Michael Pahl, widely viewed as an outstanding scholar, who wrote a book ("The Beginning and The End: Rereading Genesis’s Stories and Revelation’s Visions") that administrators viewed as contrary to creationist views in spite of the fact that he fully agrees with the literal six-day creation view and a historical Adam and Eve (and two of Dr. Pahl's colleagues in the Bible department used the book in question as a required text in their own classes). The school even stated that "Dr. Pahl’s orthodoxy and commitment to the gospel are not in question, nor is his commitment to Scripture’s inspiration, authority and infallibility."

                Yet he was still relieved of his teaching duties and CU refuses to disclose exactly what Pahl wrote that got him fired. Some YECs have stated it was because his statement that "the biblical creation stories in Genesis 1-2 is not to answer modern questions about exactly when or precisely how all things came about" are the cause. So it appears that YECs are beginning to eat their own if they suspect they aren't pure enough.

                In 2011 Calvin College experienced similar debate when its board of trustees investigated tenured professors of religion Daniel Harlow and John Schneider after they published controversial articles that questioned the existence of a historical Adam despite the fact that their deans and provost had approved plans to publish their work.

                And we can go further. Like what happened to Bruce Waltke, a preeminent Old Testament scholar, who in 2010 was pressured into resigning his professorship at the Reformed Theological Seminary because he had the temerity to say that he thought that evolution and Christianity were compatible.

                Or to Richard Colling at Olivet Nazarene University in Illinois, who wrote a Theistic Evolutionist (TE) book after which he was summarily prohibited from teaching the general biology class, a version of which he had taught for 16 years[3]

                Or to Nancey Murphy, an ordained minister in the Church of the Brethren and a Professor of Christian Philosophy at the Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California, where the "Father of Intelligent Design" Phillip Johnson is a trustee and appears to be trying to get her fired for daring to criticize his book "Darwin on Trial"?[4]

                Or even to prominent ID proponent William Dembski at the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary when he wrote that a Christian can reconcile an old Earth creationist view with a literal reading of Adam and Eve and that Noah's Flood was likely a local event rather than global in nature[5]

                Actually none of this is anything new, whenever they get into power YECs have been purging or "Expelling" those who don't agree with them for years (they've just increased the pace).

                Back in 1973 John C. Whitcomb (co-author with Henry Morris of "The Genesis Flood") had Dan E. Wonderly, a conservative OEC removed from his position as a teacher at Grace College (where Whitcomb exercised a great deal of influence) for having the temerity to disagree with the YEC position concerning Noah's Flood specifically regarding "Flood Geology."

                And how the Geoscience Research Institute (a Seventh-Day Adventist creationist think tank) fired the geologists on staff when they concluded that flood geology was a farce (“desperately weak and improbable,” according to one with actual geological training).








                1. Named after anti-evolution crusader William Jennings Bryan, the prosecutor of the Scopes Trial of 1925 and long a hot bed for creationist thought

                2. Note that this is the same "institute of higher learning" that cut the staff of their philosophy department and eliminated philosophy and physics majors after a philosophy faculty member wrote an op-ed for the campus newspaper on “Why I am Not Voting for Romney.”

                3. The university’s president John Bowling also banned professors from assigning his book claiming that he banned it in order to "get the bull's-eye off Colling and let the storm die down." Yeah, he did it for his own good.

                4. Johnson readily admits that he called another trustee to discuss her but denies any responsibility for actions taken against her (purely coincidental I'm sure). Murphy isn't buying it. In an article in the “Washington Post” she said, "His tactic has always been to fight dirty when anyone attacks his ideas. For a long time afterward, I would tell reporters I don't want to comment, and I don't want you to say I don't want to comment. I'm tired of being careful."

                5. Dembski was forced to recant after Southwestern Seminary president Paige Patterson (a YEC) informed him that he was facing dismissal.

                I'm always still in trouble again

                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  That was precisely what I was thinking. Mary Schweitzer of North Carolina State University announced that her team had recovered the remains of soft tissue-like structures from the femur of a T. rex back in 2005. Since then more has been discovered in another T. rex specimen and from a hadrosaur. Announcing the discovery of some in a triceratops horn just wouldn't be all that shocking or controversial.

                  Something about these claims isn't passing the smell test.
                  Yeah, ol' Mary. I'm fascinated by her story as details emerge. She appears to have had violent mixed feelings about her discovery. On one hand, she couldn't deny the evidence she had found. On the other, she thought, "If I report this, my career is over.". Even being as cautious as she was - as if walking on egg shells - I'll bet that she received messages along the lines of "You MUST be mistaken" ... "Check your findings" ... "Something MUST be wrong" ... and so on.

                  Hey, now that's an idea that I would love to pursue (if I had the time), namely, to research the living heck out of that case (but would Mary even talk to me? -- I wonder). What kind of 'spin' did she have to put on her findings so as to retain her job and career? How did she have to word her findings? How did she have to report it at symposiums? How did she 'get around' the physics and chemistry? Was she told to "hush up" and that if she found any more soft tissue to "promptly dispose of it through the back door, quietly"? Poor girl - must be a living hell!

                  Just as stated in a movie, she must have had the extremely conflicting feeling
                  of seeing her mortal enemy plunge off a cliff in her brand new Lamborghini.

                  Jorge

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                    All we see is a YEC screaming persecution with zero evidence presented so far. Since YECs tend to be compulsive liars we'll have to see if Armitage can back up his claims. Coppedge screamed the same false thing and lost. Gonzalez screamed the same false thing and lost. There seems to be a pattern.
                    I'm trying to remember the name of the YEC who got in trouble for teaching creationism in a science classroom. His principal stuck her neck out defending him arranging a deal where he could do exactly what they have been screaming they have always wanted -- an opportunity to teach both sides. The teacher was allowed to present the evidence for both views and signed an agreement to that effect. The school board was hesitant but went along with it.

                    Then the teacher turned around and continued doing exactly what he had been doing before breaking the deal that his principal brokered for him. As a result he was terminated resulting in his immediately squawking about discrimination.

                    I posted timelines provided by the school board and pdf files of the agreement that was made and broken but Jorge handwaved it all away saying he new they were lies because the plaintiff had said so
                    Last edited by rogue06; 07-25-2014, 12:54 PM.

                    I'm always still in trouble again

                    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Just a side note here, what evolutionist ever predicted that soft tissue could survive so long? Why wouldn't the discovery of soft tissue be evidence that these fossils may not be nearly as old as we thought?
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        In the case of DeGeorge and Barnett at Bryan College in Dayton, Tennessee[1], they had conformed to their guidelines (i.e., they are indeed creationists) but this past May a new declaration of faith was issued. As a result the two tenured professors were terminated, nearly a full quarter of the faculty quit instead of signing and a letter of protest was signed by 700 of the nearly 1250 students (including the student body president) there.

                        There has been an outbreak of similar cases in recent years. In 2012 Cedarville University near Dayton Ohio[2] dismissed Michael Pahl, widely viewed as an outstanding scholar, who wrote a book ("The Beginning and The End: Rereading Genesis’s Stories and Revelation’s Visions") that administrators viewed as contrary to creationist views in spite of the fact that he fully agrees with the literal six-day creation view and a historical Adam and Eve (and two of Dr. Pahl's colleagues in the Bible department used the book in question as a required text in their own classes). The school even stated that "Dr. Pahl’s orthodoxy and commitment to the gospel are not in question, nor is his commitment to Scripture’s inspiration, authority and infallibility."

                        Yet he was still relieved of his teaching duties and CU refuses to disclose exactly what Pahl wrote that got him fired. Some YECs have stated it was because his statement that "the biblical creation stories in Genesis 1-2 is not to answer modern questions about exactly when or precisely how all things came about" are the cause. So it appears that YECs are beginning to eat their own if they suspect they aren't pure enough.

                        In 2011 Calvin College experienced similar debate when its board of trustees investigated tenured professors of religion Daniel Harlow and John Schneider after they published controversial articles that questioned the existence of a historical Adam despite the fact that their deans and provost had approved plans to publish their work.

                        And we can go further. Like what happened to Bruce Waltke, a preeminent Old Testament scholar, who in 2010 was pressured into resigning his professorship at the Reformed Theological Seminary because he had the temerity to say that he thought that evolution and Christianity were compatible.

                        Or to Richard Colling at Olivet Nazarene University in Illinois, who wrote a Theistic Evolutionist (TE) book after which he was summarily prohibited from teaching the general biology class, a version of which he had taught for 16 years[3]

                        Or to Nancey Murphy, an ordained minister in the Church of the Brethren and a Professor of Christian Philosophy at the Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California, where the "Father of Intelligent Design" Phillip Johnson is a trustee and appears to be trying to get her fired for daring to criticize his book "Darwin on Trial"?[4]

                        Or even to prominent ID proponent William Dembski at the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary when he wrote that a Christian can reconcile an old Earth creationist view with a literal reading of Adam and Eve and that Noah's Flood was likely a local event rather than global in nature[5]

                        Actually none of this is anything new, whenever they get into power YECs have been purging or "Expelling" those who don't agree with them for years (they've just increased the pace).

                        Back in 1973 John C. Whitcomb (co-author with Henry Morris of "The Genesis Flood") had Dan E. Wonderly, a conservative OEC removed from his position as a teacher at Grace College (where Whitcomb exercised a great deal of influence) for having the temerity to disagree with the YEC position concerning Noah's Flood specifically regarding "Flood Geology."

                        And how the Geoscience Research Institute (a Seventh-Day Adventist creationist think tank) fired the geologists on staff when they concluded that flood geology was a farce (“desperately weak and improbable,” according to one with actual geological training).








                        1. Named after anti-evolution crusader William Jennings Bryan, the prosecutor of the Scopes Trial of 1925 and long a hot bed for creationist thought

                        2. Note that this is the same "institute of higher learning" that cut the staff of their philosophy department and eliminated philosophy and physics majors after a philosophy faculty member wrote an op-ed for the campus newspaper on “Why I am Not Voting for Romney.”

                        3. The university’s president John Bowling also banned professors from assigning his book claiming that he banned it in order to "get the bull's-eye off Colling and let the storm die down." Yeah, he did it for his own good.

                        4. Johnson readily admits that he called another trustee to discuss her but denies any responsibility for actions taken against her (purely coincidental I'm sure). Murphy isn't buying it. In an article in the “Washington Post” she said, "His tactic has always been to fight dirty when anyone attacks his ideas. For a long time afterward, I would tell reporters I don't want to comment, and I don't want you to say I don't want to comment. I'm tired of being careful."

                        5. Dembski was forced to recant after Southwestern Seminary president Paige Patterson (a YEC) informed him that he was facing dismissal.
                        And it hasn't just been teachers/professors

                        A few years ago the Director of Science in the curriculum division of the Texas Education Agency (TEA) for nine years, Christine Comer, was "Expelled" by YECs when they gained control.

                        Lizzette Reynolds demanded that Comer be fired because she had forwarded an email announcing a lecture being given by Barbara Forrest (who served as an expert witness in the Kitzmiller v. Dover trial and is an author of an unflattering book on the Intelligent Design movement) adding "FYI" to it. Reynolds called the email "highly inappropriate" and "an offense that calls for termination or, at the very least, reassignment of responsibilities." Shortly after sending the email, Comer was placed on administrative leave. Monica Martinez, another YEC official cited the email in a memo recommending her termination.

                        Many believe her firing is actually in retaliation for the role Comer played in 2003 in blocking an effort to purchase biology textbooks that supported intelligent design and that creationists wanted her removed prior to the next vote on the textbooks.

                        I'm always still in trouble again

                        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          In the case of DeGeorge and Barnett at Bryan College in Dayton, Tennessee[1], they had conformed to their guidelines (i.e., they are indeed creationists) but this past May a new declaration of faith was issued. As a result the two tenured professors were terminated, nearly a full quarter of the faculty quit instead of signing and a letter of protest was signed by 700 of the nearly 1250 students (including the student body president) there.

                          There has been an outbreak of similar cases in recent years. In 2012 Cedarville University near Dayton Ohio[2] dismissed Michael Pahl, widely viewed as an outstanding scholar, who wrote a book ("The Beginning and The End: Rereading Genesis’s Stories and Revelation’s Visions") that administrators viewed as contrary to creationist views in spite of the fact that he fully agrees with the literal six-day creation view and a historical Adam and Eve (and two of Dr. Pahl's colleagues in the Bible department used the book in question as a required text in their own classes). The school even stated that "Dr. Pahl’s orthodoxy and commitment to the gospel are not in question, nor is his commitment to Scripture’s inspiration, authority and infallibility."

                          Yet he was still relieved of his teaching duties and CU refuses to disclose exactly what Pahl wrote that got him fired. Some YECs have stated it was because his statement that "the biblical creation stories in Genesis 1-2 is not to answer modern questions about exactly when or precisely how all things came about" are the cause. So it appears that YECs are beginning to eat their own if they suspect they aren't pure enough.

                          In 2011 Calvin College experienced similar debate when its board of trustees investigated tenured professors of religion Daniel Harlow and John Schneider after they published controversial articles that questioned the existence of a historical Adam despite the fact that their deans and provost had approved plans to publish their work.

                          And we can go further. Like what happened to Bruce Waltke, a preeminent Old Testament scholar, who in 2010 was pressured into resigning his professorship at the Reformed Theological Seminary because he had the temerity to say that he thought that evolution and Christianity were compatible.

                          Or to Richard Colling at Olivet Nazarene University in Illinois, who wrote a Theistic Evolutionist (TE) book after which he was summarily prohibited from teaching the general biology class, a version of which he had taught for 16 years[3]

                          Or to Nancey Murphy, an ordained minister in the Church of the Brethren and a Professor of Christian Philosophy at the Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California, where the "Father of Intelligent Design" Phillip Johnson is a trustee and appears to be trying to get her fired for daring to criticize his book "Darwin on Trial"?[4]

                          Or even to prominent ID proponent William Dembski at the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary when he wrote that a Christian can reconcile an old Earth creationist view with a literal reading of Adam and Eve and that Noah's Flood was likely a local event rather than global in nature[5]

                          Actually none of this is anything new, whenever they get into power YECs have been purging or "Expelling" those who don't agree with them for years (they've just increased the pace).

                          Back in 1973 John C. Whitcomb (co-author with Henry Morris of "The Genesis Flood") had Dan E. Wonderly, a conservative OEC removed from his position as a teacher at Grace College (where Whitcomb exercised a great deal of influence) for having the temerity to disagree with the YEC position concerning Noah's Flood specifically regarding "Flood Geology."

                          And how the Geoscience Research Institute (a Seventh-Day Adventist creationist think tank) fired the geologists on staff when they concluded that flood geology was a farce (“desperately weak and improbable,” according to one with actual geological training).








                          1. Named after anti-evolution crusader William Jennings Bryan, the prosecutor of the Scopes Trial of 1925 and long a hot bed for creationist thought

                          2. Note that this is the same "institute of higher learning" that cut the staff of their philosophy department and eliminated philosophy and physics majors after a philosophy faculty member wrote an op-ed for the campus newspaper on “Why I am Not Voting for Romney.”

                          3. The university’s president John Bowling also banned professors from assigning his book claiming that he banned it in order to "get the bull's-eye off Colling and let the storm die down." Yeah, he did it for his own good.

                          4. Johnson readily admits that he called another trustee to discuss her but denies any responsibility for actions taken against her (purely coincidental I'm sure). Murphy isn't buying it. In an article in the “Washington Post” she said, "His tactic has always been to fight dirty when anyone attacks his ideas. For a long time afterward, I would tell reporters I don't want to comment, and I don't want you to say I don't want to comment. I'm tired of being careful."

                          5. Dembski was forced to recant after Southwestern Seminary president Paige Patterson (a YEC) informed him that he was facing dismissal.
                          Long-winded, as usual. Must have way too much free time on your hands.

                          Concisely: If I work at a place and suddenly they make a change that says that "I must agree with the new policy or be terminated" (that "policy" may be that I accept & promote abortion, homosexuality, same-sex marriage, that God does not exist or any other "policy" that goes against my personal relationship with God) then I will Q - U - I - T. Simple enough!

                          The job and the money may be important to me and my family but NOT as important as my standing before God. The evidence seems to indicate that what the college did was a clarification of the already-existing Statement of Faith, not a totally new or a radical change of that Statement. I guess the court will now determine which was the case (but I have ZERO faith in secular courts - for one thing, they are extremely prejudiced ... we'll have to wait and see).

                          But even if it were a new or a radical change, as I just finished stating, a man's position before God trumps a job. Simply quit if you cannot live at peace before God with it. Of course, that wouldn't make much sense to a Theistic Evolutionist.

                          Jorge

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by seer View Post
                            Just a side note here, what evolutionist ever predicted that soft tissue could survive so long? Why wouldn't the discovery of soft tissue be evidence that these fossils may not be nearly as old as we thought?
                            Nobody predicted it including YECs (or else they would have been out looking for them). The Hell's Creek Formation in which these fossils were embedded in has been dated multiple times and consistently shown to be Late Cretaceous in age.

                            I'm always still in trouble again

                            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                              Long-winded, as usual. Must have way too much free time on your hands.

                              Concisely: If I work at a place and suddenly they make a change that says that "I must agree with the new policy or be terminated" (that "policy" may be that I accept & promote abortion, homosexuality, same-sex marriage, that God does not exist or any other "policy" that goes against my personal relationship with God) then I will Q - U - I - T. Simple enough!

                              The job and the money may be important to me and my family but NOT as important as my standing before God. The evidence seems to indicate that what the college did was a clarification of the already-existing Statement of Faith, not a totally new or a radical change of that Statement.

                              But even if it were a new or a radical change, as I just finished stating, a man's position before God trumps a job. Simply quit if you cannot live at peace before God with it. Of course, that wouldn't make much sense to a Theistic Evolutionist.

                              Jorge
                              And to nobody's surprise Jorge defends YECs "Expelling" those who he doesn't agree with including in some instances fellow YECs who aren't doctrinally pure enough.

                              I'm always still in trouble again

                              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                I'm trying to remember the name of the YEC who got in trouble for teaching creationism in a science classroom. His principal stuck her neck out defending him arranging a deal where he could do exactly what they have been screaming they have always wanted -- an opportunity to teach both sides. The teacher was allowed to present the evidence for both views and signed an agreement to that effect. The school board was hesitant but went along with it.

                                Then the teacher turned around and continued doing exactly what he had been doing before breaking the deal that his principal brokered for him. As a result he was terminated resulting in his immediately squawking about discrimination.

                                I posted timelines provided by the school board and pdf files of the agreement that was made and broken but Jorge handwaved it all away saying he new they were lies because the plantiff had said it wasn't.
                                Roger DeHart, maybe?

                                If so, I "hand-waived" NOTHING!
                                I spoke directly, face-to-face with DeHart and the truth is not as you report - typical.

                                Jorge

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by TheLurch, 01-18-2021, 12:27 PM
                                46 responses
                                203 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by lee_merrill, 01-16-2021, 03:43 PM
                                2 responses
                                36 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post TheLurch  
                                Started by rogue06, 01-15-2021, 04:43 PM
                                14 responses
                                80 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by TheLurch, 01-15-2021, 07:40 AM
                                36 responses
                                160 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Cow Poke  
                                Started by Cow Poke, 01-13-2021, 04:55 PM
                                7 responses
                                42 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Working...
                                X