Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Banana --> Intelligent Design?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I still prefer bananas over billiards.
    In a reall pinch, if I were that desperate, I'd use a banana as a billiard cue.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      Actually... the atoms that went into those items! A baker made the bread, a peanutbutter factory worker made the peanut butter. The peanuts and strawberries were cultivated by farmers, someone made the butter knife from metals, and God set the whole thing in motion. With occasional intervention. But no making sandwiches! He did make bread and fish a couple of times.
      I didn't realize you were a Deist.

K54

P.S. "Tend your own garden..." - Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        Ray Comfort's banana video was made eight years ago. Yes, it was a colossally dumb argument. Nobody, Christian or not, takes it seriously at all. I am not sure what the point in continuing to flog this dead horse is.
        'Cuz it's fun, and you-know-who is not around to yell at us.

Hey, how about that spark plug they found embedded in solid rock?

K54

Comment

The Peanut Butter/T-Rex comment was made in all sincerity.

All there IS no way Peanut Butter can stay fresh for 70Ma.

K54

P.S. Evolution is now officially disproved.

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
            I didn't realize you were a Deist.

K54

P.S. "Tend your own garden..." - Voltaire
            With intervention!!! So duh. Not a deist. Just think there's a inbetween between no intervention and micromanaging every detail. Just trying to not sound like Jorge.
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

K54

What if you vacuum packed it and sterilized it? Then you wouldn't want to eat it...

Comment

Because Jorge apparently doesn't realize that bringing up YEC in the natural science area might not be the best idea. I may agree, but am not dogmatic about the age of the universe. Just that God created everything, obviously not the way they are now.

Comment

K54

<idiot YEC mode>

Have you evos C14 dated that peanut butter yet? Huh? HUH???

</idiot YEC mode>

Comment

We are all bananaists. Some of us just believe in one less banana.
                    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                      We are all bananaists. Some of us just believe in one less banana.
                      That makes zero sense...

Comment

Because Jorge apparently doesn't realize that bringing up YEC in the natural science area might not be the best idea. I may agree, but am not dogmatic about the age of the universe. Just that God created everything, obviously not the way they are now.
                        Good points. Creation is about Who and Why. Creationism is about How and When as determined by interpretation of narratives. Different purview.

And I was joking about Deism. You said God made the atoms and the farmers and bakers did the rest.

My misinterpretation.

K54

Comment

That makes zero sense...
                          Trinity minus one.

The kinda stuff the Athanansian Creed dealt with.

Or not.

But I think square_peg means one banana - one banana.

K54

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                            <idiot YEC mode>

Have you evos C14 dated that peanut butter yet? Huh? HUH???

</idiot YEC mode>
                            Yes we did! It came out around 50,000 years. Over 3 orders of magnitude less than you evolutionists claim! Read Dr. Walter Brown's book. It's all there.

Evolution is disproved once again.

You guys are simply following an atheist ideology, aka "Science" Falsely-So-Called. And that's a fact-Fact-FACT!

True science deals with making better toothpaste and faster jet planes. It's all in God's Word.

K54

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              As for other howlers...

Did you notice that the jar is one that has already been opened? No plastic seal, no sudden release when unscrewing the lid, and the silver foil was already loose. The guy has so little confidence in his own claim that he had to check there was no new life in his peanut butter jar before starting the recording!

Roy
                              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Kinda like Day-Ageism and the Scofield Gap Theory.
                                Is that last one anything to do with there being no mild chillies?

Roy
                                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment