Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Banana --> Intelligent Design?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
    Bananas disprove evolution.

Peanut butter disproves evolution.

Yet peanut butter and bananas together make a yummy sandwich!

Go figure.
    Ha! As if. Peanut butter and bananas put together taste disgusting. If you're going to make such outlandish claims like "they make a yummy sandwich," you might as well be consistent and convert to geocentrism and young-earth creationism.
    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Yet peanut butter and bananas together make a yummy sandwich!
      I put two pieces of bread on the table with some peanut butter and a bunch of bananas, and, so far, they haven't made ANYTHING, let alone a yummy sandwich! Do I need to wait longer?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
        Ha! As if. Peanut butter and bananas put together taste disgusting. If you're going to make such outlandish claims like "they make a yummy sandwich," you might as well be consistent and convert to geocentrism and young-earth creationism.
        Peanut Butterism and Bananaism are not necessarily compatible, but they COULD be.

Kinda like Day-Ageism and the Scofield Gap Theory.

K54

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
          Peanut Butterism and Bananaism are not necessarily compatible, but they COULD be.

Kinda like Day-Ageism and the Scofield Gap Theory.

K54
          Renowned author Canned Ham, who founded the Peanuts in Genesis ministry, argues otherwise.
          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
            Renowned author Canned Ham, who founded the Peanuts in Genesis ministry, argues otherwise.
            That's right. There's no way that peanut butter could remain fresh for millions and billions of years.

And that's why I said they COULD be compatible, but Young-Peanuters believe Old-Peanuters are compromisers.

K54

P.S. And dinosaurs could NOT be 66 million years old either since there's no way they could eat peanut butter. Imagine a T-Rex with a big glob of PB stuck to its palate??!
            Last edited by klaus54; 07-16-2014, 08:14 PM. Reason: p.s.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I put two pieces of bread on the table with some peanut butter and a bunch of bananas, and, so far, they haven't made ANYTHING, let alone a yummy sandwich! Do I need to wait longer?
              Pray harder.

Comment

Pray harder.
                Prayer does not work that way. You have to make your own sandwich!
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  Prayer does not work that way. You have to make your own sandwich!
                  God provides the bread, peanut butter, strawberry jam, and butter knife -- but YOU have to make the sandwich!!!

K54

Comment

God provides the bread, peanut butter, strawberry jam, and butter knife -- but YOU have to make the sandwich!!!

K54
                    Next you're gonna tell me that those new thermal windows aren't going to "pay for themselves" after all!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

K54
                      Actually... the atoms that went into those items! A baker made the bread, a peanutbutter factory worker made the peanut butter. The peanuts and strawberries were cultivated by farmers, someone made the butter knife from metals, and God set the whole thing in motion. With occasional intervention. But no making sandwiches! He did make bread and fish a couple of times.

Comment

Ray Comfort's banana video was made eight years ago. Yes, it was a colossally dumb argument. Nobody, Christian or not, takes it seriously at all. I am not sure what the point in continuing to flog this dead horse is.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Next you're gonna tell me that those new thermal windows aren't going to "pay for themselves" after all!
                          Hah. I bought a bag of self-rising flour and the darn thing hasn't levitated even an inch off the counter top.

Comment

Joke thread? In which case.... it needeth movin!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                              Joke thread? In which case.... it needeth movin!
                              Pray harder.

Comment

Pray harder.

Isn't moving threads a job for the moderators? And thanks for playing!

Comment