Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Don't miss the SUPERMOON tomorrow night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have clouds, but LOTS of trees....

supermoon.jpg

And it really DOES look bigger and brighter than normal!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

It's still broad daylight here.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Broad daylight and cloudy here.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Clear.

No moon in sight.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

What's nature?What's a moon?
              I'll just stare at my smartphone.
              "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
              "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
              Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

It was too hot for me to go outside and look at it. I will try it the next go round. I'm sensitive.
                "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

supermoon 2a.jpg

From my backyard, about midnight last night.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1085[/ATTACH]

From my backyard, about midnight last night.

I suppose you took this lying on the ground when you took this else the increased tidal force could've ripped you apart!

K54

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post

I suppose you took this lying on the ground when you took this else the increased tidal force could've ripped you apart!

K54
                      Actually, Mr. mossy took it. I apparently was asleep and he sneaked out to take some pics. I believe he did it standing up.......

And, since we are pretty far from any oceans, any tidal vagaries (unproven, by the way, I have done some homework on supermoons) likely had no effect on us here.

Comment

vagaries?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          vagaries?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/vagary

Comment

But why does that make me think of Rougue?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              But why does that make me think of Rougue?

Vagrant?

Varmint?

Comment

When should I expect to find this super moon?
                                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment