Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Ice core samples and Creationist lies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klaus54
    replied
    Originally posted by phank View Post
    It's probably worth noting that when the notorious JF isn't around, this room usually becomes moribund.
    That's cuz JF is the only YEC with the cojones to dive into these scientific issues for which they have no ammunition. JF has no ammo either, but he makes enough racket that he hopes to scare us away like raccoons under the porch.

The YEC/Deep Time and Deep History is so anachronistic, sort of like debating the value of bloodletting to treat inflammatory quinsy.

It IS interesting to see if the YEC can come up with SOMETHING.

Since their theological view of creation is based on an inerrant, infallible reading of the Genesis stories ueber Alles, I would at least like to see one try to give an unambiguous, direct, plain, simple, straightforward, literal reading of the Genesis stories.

But so far no one has come forward. I mean if that Genesis reading trumps all of the science, shouldn't it at least by expounded someplace?

K54

Leave a comment:

• phank
    replied
    It's probably worth noting that when the notorious JF isn't around, this room usually becomes moribund.

Leave a comment:

• HMS_Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I hereby cease.
    Thanks but your behavior isn't the problem.

Leave a comment:

• klaus54
    replied
    I'm still marveling at the jargon.
    Standard jargon. I teach Sadistics, err... Statistics.

K54

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
    Doesn't work to suggest me or Klaus or LPOT to stop when even if we do we still get daily drive-by one liner insults from you know who. Cease fires only work if both sides cease.
    I hereby cease.

Leave a comment:

• HMS_Beagle
    replied
    SURE it can. It's a choice.

So don't play!
    Doesn't work to suggest me or Klaus or LPOT to stop when even if we do we still get daily drive-by one liner insults from you know who. Cease fires only work if both sides cease.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    OK, no worries.

I'd still love for this to be an insult free actual science forum. I'm willing to try again but it can't be just me making the effort.
    SURE it can. It's a choice.

We both know there's one individual whose behavior is the catalyst for 99% of the poo that gets flung around here and his initials are JF.
    So don't play!

Leave a comment:

• HMS_Beagle
    replied
    Just recently, but I wasn't commenting as a mod. It was our previous interaction. But mods are volunteers, and not always "present"... sometimes it takes a while to consult with each other and come up with a response.

And, actually, when I responded to you, I forgot I was a mod again.
    OK, no worries.

I'd still love for this to be an insult free actual science forum. I'm willing to try again but it can't be just me making the effort. We both know there's one individual whose behavior is the catalyst for 99% of the poo that gets flung around here and his initials are JF.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Aren't you part of the mod team?
    Just recently, but I wasn't commenting as a mod. It was our previous interaction. But mods are volunteers, and not always "present"... sometimes it takes a while to consult with each other and come up with a response.

And, actually, when I responded to you, I forgot I was a mod again.

Leave a comment:

• HMS_Beagle
    replied
    MY side?
    Aren't you part of the mod team?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Remember this exchange three weeks ago?

I kept my part of the bargain until I saw zero response from your side. What did you guys do for your part?
    MY side?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
    It was a null hypothesis, but one which was quickly falsified by testing using Jorge-data with a vanishing p-value.

K54
    I'm still marveling at the jargon.

Leave a comment:

• HMS_Beagle
    replied
    Is this the "fresh start"?
    Remember this exchange three weeks ago?

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Originally posted by HMS_Beagle
    I'll be happy to turn flame knob way down if you guys start deleting all the content free drive-by insults from a certain TWebber. It would be great if this was just a science forum again.

Deal?
    Report him if you see it. Rogue and I will be glad to deal with it.
    I kept my part of the bargain until I saw zero response from your side. What did you guys do for your part?

Leave a comment:

• klaus54
    replied
    It was a null hypothesis, but one which was quickly falsified by testing using Jorge-data with a vanishing p-value.

K54

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    The board's blustering blunderer

I changed my handle when the new board opened to have a fresh start and avoid the rancor that had built up over the years on the old one.
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 07-06-2014, 04:59 PM.

Leave a comment: