Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Moon recession and unjustified extrapolation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I don't think someone like Jorge is going to threaten the scientific credentials of anyone here or anyone he is close too. As if there was any doubt.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Have you figured out that "the conservation of momentum" and "the rate of transfer of momentum from the Earth to the Moon" are two independent concepts (only one of which applies to the possible upper bound for the age of the Earth/Moon system)?

      And have you figured out that if the rate of transfer varies, then the only way to set an upper bound is to understand what causes the variation and by how much?

      And have you figured out that the estimates you and ICR rely on a assume a rate >= the current rate?

      And have you figured out that the most current and complete research AND historical data analysis imply a rate << the current rate?

      And have you figured out that implies the upper bound you are using is much too small?


      Jim
      Weather status at your location, please.

      The rest of your post is just further evidence of your rejection of the biblical account.

      Jorge

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Omniskeptical View Post
        I don't think someone like Jorge is going to threaten the scientific credentials
        of anyone here or anyone he is close too. As if there was any doubt.
        Ahhh ... the ol' "Biblical Creationists / Jorge don't understand science" schtick.

        That's really -- I mean REALLY -- well past the 'over-ripe' stage, OS.

        BTW, there are few if any "scientific credentials" here to be threatened so your point is moot.

        Let me reword that: the level of actual understanding of science here by Atheists, Theistic
        Evolutionists and others of the same mindset wouldn't challenge anyone. What I've seen here
        by those people is a rabid, blind commitment to a Materialistic worldview that rivals what I've seen
        at the Infidels and the Panda's Thumb websites. That's not science, kiddo.

        Jorge

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jorge View Post
          Ahhh ... the ol' "Biblical Creationists / Jorge don't understand science" schtick.

          That's really -- I mean REALLY -- well past the 'over-ripe' stage, OS.

          BTW, there are few if any "scientific credentials" here to be threatened so your point is moot.

          Let me reword that: the level of actual understanding of science here by Atheists, Theistic
          Evolutionists and others of the same mindset wouldn't challenge anyone. What I've seen here
          by those people is a rabid, blind commitment to a Materialistic worldview that rivals what I've seen
          at the Infidels and the Panda's Thumb websites. That's not science, kiddo.

          Jorge
          At least we know the difference between increased rate of lunar recession and decreased rate of lunar recession.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jorge View Post
            Ahhh ... the ol' "Biblical Creationists / Jorge don't understand science" schtick.
            But you don't.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jorge View Post
              Weather status at your location, please.
              And again: already given. I can't help it if you can't read.

              The rest of your post is just further evidence of your rejection of the biblical account.

              Jorge
              No, it is proof I understand the basic concepts involved. You can't make tge evidence support you by just wishing it so Jorge.

              Do you suppose when Jesus told the parable of the army assessing the capacity of there 10,000 men to beat the 20,000 , He intended for them to count each man 4 times so it looked better on paper than it did in reality?

              You need to do an HONEST assessment of the evidence Jorge. Stop telling people an inflated story of how well science backs up your position. They need to be able to make a decision based on what is really there. You are decieving them and youself by continuing this sharade. The evidence in this matter is consistent with a 4.5 billion year old Earth/Moon system. And everyone you tell otherwise, at least from this point on, you have lied to. The evidence has been presented and you have willfully and purposefully ignored it


              Jim
              My 'faith' designation is 'Christian'. But I do not want the label "Christian" leading to mockery of faith in Christ. Consequently, I apologize if words of mine written in this post or others reflect poorly on the what Faith in Christ means, or what Faith in Christ can in fact do in terms of bringing Grace, Mercy, and Love into the world.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                Weather status at your location, please.

                The rest of your post is just further evidence of your rejection of the biblical account.

                Jorge
                I asked for your unambiguous, plain, simple-even-to-a-child, direct, literal reading the first Genesis story -- and you either wouldn't or couldn't do it. I lean towards the latter.

                So how does Jim reject the "biblical account" if you can't even articulate it?

                K54

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Omniskeptical View Post
                  But you don't.
                  Yeah ... sure ... whatever helps you sleep at night, kiddo.

                  Good thing you're totally wrong otherwise I wouldn't have had a rather successful career in science and math. You know what they say, "The proof is in the pudding", so your words mean N - A - D - A!

                  Jorge

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    And again: already given. I can't help it if you can't read.

                    No, it is proof I understand the basic concepts involved. You can't make tge evidence support you by just wishing it so Jorge.

                    Do you suppose when Jesus told the parable of the army assessing the capacity of there 10,000 men to beat the 20,000 , He intended for them to count each man 4 times so it looked better on paper than it did in reality?

                    You need to do an HONEST assessment of the evidence Jorge. Stop telling people an inflated story of how well science backs up your position. They need to be able to make a decision based on what is really there. You are decieving them and youself by continuing this sharade. The evidence in this matter is consistent with a 4.5 billion year old Earth/Moon system. And everyone you tell otherwise, at least from this point on, you have lied to. The evidence has been presented and you have willfully and purposefully ignored it

                    Jim
                    I keep saying that I'm done with you (which I am) but you keep putting up posts like this one.

                    What to do? If I let it sit then the casual reader may think you actually have something (you do NOT!). If I reply then I keep getting drawn into your nonsense. Geesh : Damned if I do; damned if I don't. I hate these "Lose-lose" situations.

                    Ah, I know.
                    Anyone reading O-Mudd's post that thinks he actually has a valid point may
                    feel free to PM me, here's my private email: jor27ge@cfl.rr.com. Otherwise,
                    as you wish. I'll not continue getting sucked into your stinking mud puddle, Jim.

                    Jorge

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                      Yeah ... sure ... whatever helps you sleep at night, kiddo.

                      Good thing you're totally wrong otherwise I wouldn't have had a rather successful career in science and math. You know what they say, "The proof is in the pudding", so your words mean N - A - D - A!

                      Jorge
                      I honestly don't know which is funnier - watching Jorge make a fool of himself by getting the basic science wrong (i.e the moon was receding faster in the past!! ) or watching him bluster and squirm to save face after he's been called on his ignorance.

                      I'll call it a draw.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                        I honestly don't know which is funnier - watching Jorge make a fool of himself by getting the basic science wrong (i.e the moon was receding faster in the past!! ) or watching him bluster and squirm to save face after he's been called on his ignorance.

                        I'll call it a draw.
                        Hopefully there remain some honest people here in which
                        case your posts are sealing your own doom, Beagle Boy. Thanks for that!

                        Jorge

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                          Hopefully there remain some honest people here in which case your posts are sealing your own doom, Beagle Boy.

                          Jorge
                          Is it my fault you're so scientifically ignorant about basic physics principles are too lazy and/or stupid to read the primary scientific literature?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                            I keep saying that I'm done with you (which I am) but you keep putting up posts like this one.

                            What to do? If I let it sit then the casual reader may think you actually have something (you do NOT!). If I reply then I keep getting drawn into your nonsense. Geesh : Damned if I do; damned if I don't. I hate these "Lose-lose" situations.

                            Ah, I know.
                            Anyone reading O-Mudd's post that thinks he actually has a valid point may
                            feel free to PM me, here's my private email: jor27ge@cfl.rr.com. Otherwise,
                            as you wish. I'll not continue getting sucked into your stinking mud puddle, Jim.

                            Jorge
                            Ah yes - come away in secret and Jorge will set you straight. Away from the glaring lights of the facts and the data, in Jorge's own little world where all the bad people that create such disturbing noises can't be heard.

                            That is so, so sad Jorge. You claim you have legitimate scientific support for your position, but you can't present it in public for review, you have to pull people aside and explain how it really is where no-one else can hear.





                            Par for the course I guess.

                            Jim
                            My 'faith' designation is 'Christian'. But I do not want the label "Christian" leading to mockery of faith in Christ. Consequently, I apologize if words of mine written in this post or others reflect poorly on the what Faith in Christ means, or what Faith in Christ can in fact do in terms of bringing Grace, Mercy, and Love into the world.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              Ah yes - come away in secret and Jorge will set you straight. Away from the glaring lights of the facts and the data, in Jorge's own little world where all the bad people that create such disturbing noises can't be heard.

                              That is so, so sad Jorge. You claim you have legitimate scientific support for your position, but you can't present it in public for review, you have to pull people aside and explain how it really is where no-one else can hear.

                              Par for the course I guess.

                              Jim
                              No, not at all. This is actually a pretty good example of how INTERPRETATION of the facts is what rules the day. Here, for instance, you wish to interpret my offer in your way - to serve your agenda. And so you do - the truth takes a back seat.

                              Whereas that plain, simple truth -- the proper interpretation -- is that I just want to get away from a close-minded individual that has joined hands with Atheists in believing and fiercely promoting that Darwinism and the Materialistic worldview have 'Nature' correctly figured out. As a result, this individual has twisted orthodox Christian theology into some perverted form that must be properly referred to as a cult. This is done solely to make that "Christian" cult conform to Darwinism and a Materialistic universe (except for a few, relatively minor technical differences that vanish as soon as the Creation was 'completed'). Oops - it's not polite to speak in the third person when the person is present - sorry, O-Mudd.

                              So you see, there's this matter of interpretation of an observation. You interpret it in your agenda-filled way whereas I provided you with the truth in the matter. You choose to follow your own version, of course. Kind'a the same as you've done for the Bible. Hey, at least you're consistent!

                              Jorge

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                                ...

                                So you see, there's this matter of interpretation of an observation. You interpret it in your agenda-filled way whereas I provided you with the truth in the matter. You choose to follow your own version, of course. Kind'a the same as you've done for the Bible. Hey, at least you're consistent!

                                Jorge
                                Oh, the PROJECTION!! (Voiced as in "Oh, the Humanity!!!")

                                K54

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by lee_merrill, 10-19-2021, 03:24 PM
                                8 responses
                                63 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Sparko
                                by Sparko
                                 
                                Started by rogue06, 10-12-2021, 10:31 AM
                                3 responses
                                34 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post shunyadragon  
                                Started by rogue06, 10-12-2021, 07:46 AM
                                0 responses
                                12 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by TheLurch, 10-01-2021, 10:26 AM
                                56 responses
                                302 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post lee_merrill  
                                Started by oxmixmudd, 10-01-2021, 09:43 AM
                                37 responses
                                200 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Working...
                                X