Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Moon recession and unjustified extrapolation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
    Just curious if any of you YECs out there in TWebLand are proud of your boy?

He's getting lots of "points" (whatever those are).

K54
    Points because you can't ignore him. Who cares?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
      Yeah ... sure ... whatever helps you sleep at night, kiddo.

Good thing you're totally wrong otherwise I wouldn't have had a rather successful career in science and math. You know what they say, "The proof is in the pudding", so your words mean N - A - D - A!

Jorge
      Nota discovery of anything that helps YECs. That is your complete history Jorge.

But maybe I should compare you to Holding/Turkel. He must know more sense he sells so many more religious books. That's everything, right? So as you can see Jorgestar the proof isn't always poured into the pudding.
      Last edited by Omniskeptical; 06-27-2014, 11:05 PM.

Comment

No, not at all. This is actually a pretty good example of how INTERPRETATION of the facts is what rules the day. Here, for instance, you wish to interpret my offer in your way - to serve your agenda. And so you do - the truth takes a back seat.

Whereas that plain, simple truth -- the proper interpretation -- is that I just want to get away from a close-minded individual that has joined hands with Atheists in believing and fiercely promoting that Darwinism and the Materialistic worldview have 'Nature' correctly figured out. As a result, this individual has twisted orthodox Christian theology into some perverted form that must be properly referred to as a cult. This is done solely to make that "Christian" cult conform to Darwinism and a Materialistic universe (except for a few, relatively minor technical differences that vanish as soon as the Creation was 'completed'). Oops - it's not polite to speak in the third person when the person is present - sorry, O-Mudd.

So you see, there's this matter of interpretation of an observation. You interpret it in your agenda-filled way whereas I provided you with the truth in the matter. You choose to follow your own version, of course. Kind'a the same as you've done for the Bible. Hey, at least you're consistent!

Jorge
        Oh look. Jorge gave up on science and now just randomly makes up accusations.

A cult eh? Wow, you must really be desperate now! I guess I shouldn't feel too bad. Sarfati wrote an entire book attacking the ministry and beliefs of Hugh Ross.

So Jorge, what basic doctrine of Christian faith do you claim I teach against? Most cults get labelled that because the either deny something basic like the trinity, or because they center their religious beliefs around the religious teaching of someone other than Christ.

I don't qualify under any of that. So what is the Jorge definition of cult? Someone that challenges Jorge when he makes false claims about the scientific legitimacy of YEC?

Jim
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-28-2014, 12:08 AM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          YECs of Jorge's type act like it is only evolution that they don't like but in truth it is pretty much all of science. They despise biology and genetics because they provide evidence that demonstrates evolution. Same thing for botany and zoology. These YECs hate geology and paleontology because they provide evidence that demonstrates that the earth is incredibly ancient. Similarly, they detest astronomy and cosmology because they provide evidence that demonstrates that the universe is even far more ancient. And these YECs loathe physics because it provides the means of dating things and demonstrating that both are older than YEC dogma allows.

But they know that the majority of people respect science so they bite their tongue and make believe and tell folks that in some weird way, if you squint and hold your jaw just right that somehow science supports their ridiculous pontifications all the while secretly abhorring it

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Omniskeptical View Post
            Nota discovery of anything that helps YECs. That is your complete history Jorge.

But maybe I should compare you to Holding/Turkel. He must know more sense he sells so many more religious books. That's everything, right? So as you can see Jorgestar the proof isn't always poured into the pudding.
            First a question: are you 'on' something?

As for your assertion, "not a discovery of anything that helps YECs" -- that's a matter of opinion, one which neither I nor many others share. The work that I've done (and am presently doing) in information theory, for example, provides irrefutable proof (not support - proof) of the Biblical Creationist position as compared to that of the Materialist. That the ignorant and 'blind' folk of the world cannot/do not wish to accept this is quite a different matter.

BTW, the glory for this work - all of it - belongs to Christ.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              "Random accusations"??? Don't you wish!

A cult eh? Wow, you must really be desperate now!
              Yup, a cult. Nope - no desperation. You're only expressing your desires.

I guess I shouldn't feel too bad. Sarfati wrote an entire book attacking the ministry and beliefs of Hugh Ross.
              What you call "attacking" is actually exposing the truth. You know, TRUTH, that little thing that keeps getting in the way of your chosen beliefs and reality.

So Jorge, what basic doctrine of Christian faith do you claim I teach against? Most cults get labelled that because the either deny something basic like the trinity, or because they center their religious beliefs around the religious teaching of someone other than Christ.
              A common feature of cults is that they DISTORT the orthodox position by altering, re-interpreting, adding and/or deleting from that position. That perfectly fits what Theistic Evolution does to orthodox Christianity. So, yes, you guys have indeed created and practice a "Christian" cult. You simply refuse to accept that fact.

I don't qualify under any of that. So what is the Jorge definition of cult? Someone that challenges Jorge when he makes false claims about the scientific legitimacy of YEC?

Jim
              I just finished answering that (above). Recall the "Christian" cult of the "Rev" Jim Jones. Did he or did he not DISTORT the true teachings of orthodox Christianity so as to satisfy his drug and sex lusts? We all know how that ended. Likewise, Theistic Evolution DISTORTS God's Word so as to promote its own false doctrines and teachings. Just as in Guyana, Theistic Evolution reaps a deadly harvest.

Jorge
              Last edited by Jorge; 06-28-2014, 05:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                YECs of Jorge's type act like it is only evolution that they don't like but in truth it is pretty much all of science. They despise biology and genetics because they provide evidence that demonstrates evolution. Same thing for botany and zoology. These YECs hate geology and paleontology because they provide evidence that demonstrates that the earth is incredibly ancient. Similarly, they detest astronomy and cosmology because they provide evidence that demonstrates that the universe is even far more ancient. And these YECs loathe physics because it provides the means of dating things and demonstrating that both are older than YEC dogma allows.

But they know that the majority of people respect science so they bite their tongue and make believe and tell folks that in some weird way, if you squint and hold your jaw just right that somehow science supports their ridiculous pontifications all the while secretly abhorring it
                Bwahahahahahahahaha !!!

Thanks, rogue, that was my hearty laugh for the day!

Jorge

Comment

• Jorge, do yourself a favor and just put the keyboard down and walk away...
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    Jorge, do yourself a favor and just put the keyboard down and walk away...
                    O-Mudd: "So Jorge, what basic doctrine of Christian faith do you claim I teach against? Most cults get labelled that because the either deny something basic like the trinity, or because they center their religious beliefs around the religious teaching of someone other than Christ."

A common feature of cults is that they DISTORT the orthodox position by altering, re-interpreting, adding and/or deleting from that position. That perfectly fits what Theistic Evolution does to orthodox Christianity. So, yes, you guys have indeed created and practice a "Christian" cult. You simply refuse to accept that fact.

O-Mudd: "I don't qualify under any of that. So what is the Jorge definition of cult? Someone that challenges Jorge when he makes false claims about the scientific legitimacy of YEC?"

I just finished answering that (above). Recall the "Christian" cult of the "Rev" Jim Jones. Did he or did he not DISTORT the true teachings of orthodox Christianity so as to satisfy his drug and sex lusts? We all know how that ended. Likewise, Theistic Evolution DISTORTS God's Word so as to promote its own false doctrines and teachings. Just as in Guyana, Theistic Evolution reaps a deadly harvest.

I repeated part of my earlier post to O-Mudd because it applies with equal force on you.
                    Hey, Terror, you cannot STAND to hear the truth, it chaps your hide ... it makes you boil over.
                    Of course, that "boiling over" was why you posted what you did above.

Why not just accept the facts and start the reformation process?

Oh well ... my job here is never finished.

Jorge

Comment

• Hearing "the truth" from Jorge about the age of the earth and evolution is like hearing "the truth" from JohnMartin about the sun revolving around the earth

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Hearing "the truth" from Jorge about the age of the earth and evolution is like hearing "the truth" from JohnMartin about the sun revolving around the earth
                        Well, I guess the matter is settled!

.......... NOT !!!

Jorge

Comment

First a question: are you 'on' something?

As for your assertion, "not a discovery of anything that helps YECs" -- that's a matter of opinion, one which neither I nor many others share. The work that I've done (and am presently doing) in information theory, for example, provides irrefutable proof (not support - proof) of the Biblical Creationist position as compared to that of the Materialist. That the ignorant and 'blind' folk of the world cannot/do not wish to accept this is quite a different matter.

BTW, the glory for this work - all of it - belongs to Christ.

Jorge
                          No, the question Jorgestar, is what are you on? The Schwartz? I also suggest you also eat the "Golden Calfe".

Comment

• Originally posted by Omniskeptical View Post
                            No, the question Jorgestar, is what are you on? The Schwartz? I also suggest you also eat the "Golden Calfe".
                            Nope, I'm not 'on' anything. There, question answered, now move along.

Jorge

Comment

Nope, I'm not 'on' anything. There, question answered, now move along.

Jorge
                              Eat the "Golden Calfe", idolater.

Comment

What you call "attacking" is actually exposing the truth. You know, TRUTH, that little thing that keeps getting in the way of your chosen beliefs and reality.
                                Refuting compromise was nothing less than a vindictive attack on a man that has never returned the 'favor' (a clear indication of Ross's commitment to the actual teachings of Christ). It exposes not the truth but rather the petty and hateful nature of Sarfati himself. And it does include Sarfati's continued and famous (mis)use of the previously discussed supernova remnants quote.

As you define 'cult', every Christian denomination (except your own, of course) is a 'cult'. That is NOT how the rest of the world defines it. There need to be some actual and real violation of a basic tenet of the Christian faith, such as the Trinity or Salvation through Christ's atonement etc.

Really - Jim Jones??? First, Jim Jones fits into the other category of looking to 1 man's teaching over and above Christ's. And his distortions represented, again, attacks on basic and fundamental tenets of the faith, not some ancillary issue like how long the 'days' of Genesis are.

In reality, I am quite content to be labelled a member of a cult by you. Your take on Christian faith is so narrow, so works and 'law' oriented, so full of judgement and arrogance, that anyone following the actual teachings and life of Christ will almost always ultimately be seen by you as belonging to some sort of 'cult'. I would only be worried if you found my faith 'acceptable' to you. For then I would know I had missed the mark by a wide margin.

Jim
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment