Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Dinosaur soft tissue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
    Oh, wow, Jorge actually used explicitly an analogy. Progress! I feel like a proud parent when his baby opens her arms and coos, "Papa!"
    Huh???

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
      Why does the Oort Cloud bother your ideology?

K54
      Not that I'm expecting you or your comrades R06, O-Mudd and others to understand, but the Oort Cloud does NOT bother my ideology in the least, it bothers my science. And if you and comrades were on the ball, it would bother your science also.

As kind and nicely as I can put it, Santa, you simply do not understand me or how this stuff 'works' - you truly don't. I've tried to help but it's proven to be a hopeless effort. And so here we are ...

Oh well ... got'ta go ...

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
        Not that I'm expecting you or your comrades R06, O-Mudd and others to understand, but the Oort Cloud does NOT bother my ideology in the least, it bothers my science.

Jorge
        That would be the same science that tells you there are no impact craters on Earth, right?

Comment

Ideology in the sense of "worldview" or "working philosophy," as I call it?
          The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

(Probably) ideology in the sense of the latter -- specifically that Scientific Method must produce near 100% certainty, even while preliminary results continue to accumulate. He doesn't understand the concept of an hypothesis nor the concept of falsification and inductive method.

Hey, did Jorgian YECs ever retract their rabid criticism of the Kuiper Belt before its existence was established beyond a reasonable doubt? Does anyone up on YEC history know the answer?

K54

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
              Hey, did Jorgian YECs ever retract their rabid criticism of the Kuiper Belt before its existence was established beyond a reasonable doubt? Does anyone up on YEC history know the answer?
              See for yourself

Roy
              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Nope, not in that sense either.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                  Nope, not in that sense either.
                  Please explain. I meant make some assumptions about God and the universe for decision-making purposes.
                  The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Bump

Give Jorge some real science to think about.

Comment