Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Ideology disguised as science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideology disguised as science

The latest in the UK is :
    "Secular triumph as government bans creationism from free schools and academies".

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2014/...-from-free-sch

Things like this occur so often nowadays that I just shrug my shoulders and move on.

This time I thought I'd post it here as supporting evidence of what many of you deny,
    deny, and deny some more - that this battle is actually one of ideology, not science.
    It is also an illustration of how ideology gets labeled "science" and then finds its way
    into our kids' classrooms. It happens with political views and with "scientific" views.

The article is overflowing with examples - I literally did not know where to begin.
    So finally I decided to just pull out two excerpts and comment. I'm not wasting any
    more of my time after that.

"Clauses 2.43 and 2.44 of the funding agreement... explicitly require that pupils are taught about the theory of evolution, and prevent academy trusts from teaching 'creationism' as scientific fact."

Two comments on that howler: First, Creationism has never been taught as a "scientific fact" - not ever, not now and not in the future. I know of no one that teaches Creationism as a scientific fact. So these people are either unadulterated liars or they don't know what they are talking about.

Second, since ID Theory has been labeled as "Creationism" by these very same people, then what they've done is to exclude any and all opposition to a purely MATERIALISTIC view of biology, namely, Evolution. In case I went too fast, with this they've introduced RELIGION into the classroom since Materialism is a full-fledged religious position. What's more, their decreed religious position is not allowed to be challenged! If you do, you get punished severely (the modern day equivalent of "burned at the stake") because your operational funding is taken away.

"'Creationism', for the purposes of clauses 2.43 and 2.44 of the funding agreement and clause 23E above, is any doctrine or theory which holds that natural biological processes cannot account for the history, diversity, and complexity of life on earth and therefore rejects the scientific theory of evolution."

This expands on the first excerpt but I pulled it out for very important reasons. They say that "Creationism ... is any doctrine or theory that holds that natural biological processes cannot account for the history .."

Okay, stop right there. First, the word "natural". This EXCLUDES a (supernatural) Creator from the Evolution process. Therefore, you Theistic Evolutionists have just been made into Deists since God cannot be involved in the (purely natural) process of Evolution. I hope that you're ready for that.

Second, more importantly, the word "history" (of life on earth). That would necessarily include the ORIGIN OF LIFE. Can you see what this means or do I have to do as usual : s-p-e-l-l it out for you.

No two ways about it: this is Materialistic Naturalism ( a RELIGION) in the UK system. They have indeed eliminated a religious position (Creationism) from their educational system but they have accomplished this by inserting another religious position - Materialism - and called it "science". And then they have made this religious position impervious to attack under penalty of law.

By the way, the number one organization that has been pushing for this resolution is the British Humanist Association. Humanism, in case you didn't know, is a religious position and is recognized as such. For instance, Humanist organizations have 501(c)3 tax-exempt status as a religious group here in the U.S.

Lastly, those of you that are happy about this help to prove my point: when your religious position gets promoted, you are delighted. It's not about science, it's about metaphysics.

Satan is very clever and has plenty of helpers.

Jorge