Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

More "non-existent" YEC evidence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
    Well TT does have "Timeless" in his handle, so it follows that he doesn't care about the timing of the Garden in Eden other than it was "long ago".

K54
    How would I determine such a thing in the first place?
    Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
      How would I determine such a thing in the first place?
      But what's your surmise on the date? 5,000 years ago, 50,000 years ago? You must have some idea. If the Garden story is real history is has to have a date and one that is concordant with the rest of your Biblical origins interpretation.

If you want to say it's a mystery and "no one knows", that's fine. That's a reasonable view. But if you are a Young-Earther (I don't know if you are) then you should have a time range.

K54

Comment

But what's your surmise on the date? 5,000 years ago, 50,000 years ago? You must have some idea. If the Garden story is real history is has to have a date and one that is concordant with the rest of your Biblical origins interpretation.

If you want to say it's a mystery and "no one knows", that's fine. That's a reasonable view. But if you are a Young-Earther (I don't know if you are) then you should have a time range.

K54
        Didn't this whole thing start out with TimelessTheist mentioning the OLD EARTH global flood? By that I would assume he is NOT a young earther.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
          Didn't this whole thing start out with TimelessTheist mentioning the OLD EARTH global flood? By that I would assume he is NOT a young earther.
          Fair enough. But I'm also interested in OE viewpoints on the timing of the Garden.

K54

Comment

???

I thought you were banned for trolling and posting PMs?

K54
            Are you trying to intimidate me?

Comment

Originally posted by Omniskeptical View Post
              Are you trying to intimidate me?
              Yeah, sure.

Now why weren't you banned?

Doesn't matter anyhow. Go back to playing with your Barbie dolls.

K54

Comment

Yeah, sure.

Now why weren't you banned?

Doesn't matter anyhow. Go back to playing with your Barbie dolls.

K54
                It's very hard to be permanently banned on TWeb(unless you are a spambot). Most of the time it's about 2 weeks "in the matrix", which basically just a suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                  It's very hard to be permanently banned on TWeb(unless you are a spambot). Most of the time it's about 2 weeks "in the matrix", which basically just a suspension.
                  With any 'luck' Santa Klaus will prove to be the exception.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    Okey dokey!

Thanks for the clarification.

K54

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                      With any 'luck' Santa Klaus will prove to be the exception.

Jorge
                      That WOULD be convenient for you. Heehee...

You know, this brings to mind a question as to why you even post here. You clearly don't have a scientific case. When you do bring up physical evidence for YEC, you don't want to debate it. You spend all your time disparaging other Christians' faith, comparing them ideologically to atheists, and pooping out insults.

So why, Why, WHY do you persist in the same-old-same-old?

K54

Comment

K54
                        Around 200,000 years ago. That's when modern man is first estimated to have appeared, after all.
                        Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

You know, this brings to mind a question as to why you even post here.

K54
                          Now THAT'S a good question - one that I often ask myself.

Alas, I always come to the same answer - the truthful answer.

I'll gladly converse about science - TRUE science - all day long. I love science. However ...

A great deal that today is passed off as "science" is actually metaphysical ideology. I learned long ago to recognize this charade and have made it my mission to point it out and fight it every time I see it.

Enter Evolution and Gigayear chronology - both of which are part of a religious ideology that has been grafted into society as "science". THAT is why I post here.

A while back I had a delightful, constructive exchange with a chap about the possibility of travel to other stars - something that I consider to be impossible barring something out of science fiction. Not once did I bring up his (or my) theological status or anything of that sort.

Perhaps if you were a intellectually honest, you'd get to know the real me.
                          But then, the real me is something that you and your kind cannot handle.

Jorge

Comment

Now THAT'S a good question - one that I often ask myself.

Alas, I always come to the same answer - the truthful answer.

I'll gladly converse about science - TRUE science - all day long. I love science. However ...

A great deal that today is passed off as "science" is actually metaphysical ideology. I learned long ago to recognize this charade and have made it my mission to point it out and fight it every time I see it.

Enter Evolution and Gigayear chronology - both of which are part of a religious ideology that has been grafted into society as "science". THAT is why I post here.

A while back I had a delightful, constructive exchange with a chap about the possibility of travel to other stars - something that I consider to be impossible barring something out of science fiction. Not once did I bring up his (or my) theological status or anything of that sort.

Perhaps if you were a intellectually honest, you'd get to know the real me.
                            But then, the real me is something that you and your kind cannot handle.

Jorge
                            There's some real science on my "Fresh Granite" thread regarding igneous petrology, age, and history.

Wanna have a go at it?

K54

Comment

There's some real science on my "Fresh Granite" thread regarding igneous petrology, age, and history.

Wanna have a go at it?

K54
                              What, no apology? My, how odd.

More of the real me:

A great many topics in the Creation-Evolution debate are what I recognize as either "tangential" issues or topics for which the knowledge base is chock-filled with holes. I avoid those areas. Why? Because the substance is flimsy enough so that nothing constructive can be gained, that's why. I once watched two opposing nerds go at it for quiet some time about the color of dinosaur skin (T-Rex, I recall). What a TOTAL waste of time!!!

Give me things of substance - so that the intellectually dishonest have no holes to crawl through. There are very few such topics. Information is one. Thermodynamics is another. Certain aspects of genetics (a la John Sanford's Genetic Entropy) might be a third. But granite? I haven't even looked but I'll wager before going there that I wouldn't waste more than a moment on it ... I'll go there right now and see ...

BRB .....

Yup, just as I expected. You just need to do some real research -- the kind that is objective & open-minded -- before merely regurgitating the garbage that you pick up from Infidels, Panda's Thumb or TalkOrigins.

A great deal of material on 'granites and age' appears on the sites of ICR, AiG, CMI, CRS and others. I would encourage you to spend ONE-TENTH (that's 1/10) of the total time that you spend attacking Biblical Creationism doing real research - you may actually learn something.

My personal feeling is that this is one of those areas that leaves too many escape hatches for people like you and so I try to avoid it. Enjoy your 'granite' thread.

Jorge
                              Last edited by Jorge; 06-17-2014, 01:42 PM.

Comment

What, no apology? My, how odd.

More of the real me:

A great many topics in the Creation-Evolution debate are what I recognize as either "tangential" issues or topics for which the knowledge base is chock-filled with holes. I avoid those areas. Why? Because the substance is flimsy enough so that nothing constructive can be gained, that's why. I once watched two opposing nerds go at it for quiet some time about the color of dinosaur skin (T-Rex, I recall). What a TOTAL waste of time!!!

Give me things of substance - so that the intellectually dishonest have no holes to crawl through. There are very few such topics. Information is one. Thermodynamics is another. Certain aspects of genetics (a la John Sanford's Genetic Entropy) might be a third. But granite? I haven't even looked but I'll wager before going there that I wouldn't waste more than a moment on it ... I'll go there right now and see ...

BRB .....

Jorge
                                Apologize for what???

Am I reading you correctly that you consider the granite/igneous rock issue "tangential" to the age and geologic history of Earth?

Bzzzzzzt!!!

Lock and load and try again!

K54

P.S. Oh, I see you're going to have a look. Anyone what to bet on Jorge's response?

Comment