Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

More "non-existent" YEC evidence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Can't speak to their motives but Haruko Obokata faking stem cell data comes to mind. Woo-Suk Hwang concerning cloning. John Darsee on DNA research. Dipak K. Das falsifying research on the effect of red wine on the heart. Andrew Wakefield for his claims about vaccines and autism.

Still, such cases are thankfully very rare.
    And, most importantly, they are uncovered and corrected by the "evil atheist, baby-eating, scientific community" themselves.
    "The Lord loves a working man, don't trust whitey, see a doctor and get rid of it."

Navin R. Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
      Do you ever do anything besides duck questions and run that big mouth? Just curious.
      I made a claim and I supported it. How is that "ducking", you Dodo?

Oh, wait ... for a second I forgot that Beagle Boy made that accusation.

As we all know, he uses the Double-Standard New Age Dictionary (DSNAD).

BTW, didn't you just ban me from another thread for allegedly doing EXACTLY what you
      are doing here? Oops, I forgot again ... the ol' DSNAD is used by Beagle Boy.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
        I made a claim and I supported it. How is that "ducking", you Dodo?

Oh, wait ... for a second I forgot that Beagle Boy made that accusation.

As we all know, he uses the Double-Standard New Age Dictionary (DSNAD).

BTW, didn't you just ban me from another thread for allegedly doing EXACTLY what you
        are doing here? Oops, I forgot again ... the ol' DSNAD is used by Beagle Boy.

Jorge
        What supported claim was that?

K54

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Can't speak to their motives but Haruko Obokata faking stem cell data comes to mind. Woo-Suk Hwang concerning cloning. John Darsee on DNA research. Dipak K. Das falsifying research on the effect of red wine on the heart. Andrew Wakefield for his claims about vaccines and autism.

Still, such cases are thankfully very rare.
          "Thankfully very rare"? Waaaaat?

May I ask, what planet have you been on for the last 20 years?
          Even the cases that make it into the mainstream media are too many to count.
          Most, I am betting, never make it out beyond the walls of the institutions.
          Why? Because they would taint the image and the funding of those institutions.
          And so the culprits are very quietly hushed out the back door.

No, I'm not going to do the work for you. Just do a computer search for
          things like "Peer Review crisis"; scientific data falsification; ethics crisis in science;
          and stuff like that.

BTW: who can ever forget the intercepted emails in which the "Global
          Warming" fiasco / smoking gun came to light? Notice how it all just "went away".

Another one: until recently, there were scores of products representing billions
          of dollars a year for "Testosterone treatment". It seems that the laboratory data
          (investigation is currently ongoing) was "not all there" and so the FDA approved
          the products. Result? Men started dropping like flies. The products were
          removed (but too late - the damage has been done) and now the lawyers are
          having a field day (as they always do).

At times where if results aren't produced the funding - gigadollars - goes away,
          there is way too much incentive to cut corners and give em' what they want to see.

On and on and on and on and on ... the list is endless.

What planet was that?

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
            What supported claim was that?

K54
            Post # 70 - claim and support right there in one small paragraph.
            Somehow, Beagle Boy misses it and then accuses ME of "ducking".

Of course, I know what he's referring to but I am so sick-and-tired
            of explaining myself.

Jorge

Comment

"Thankfully very rare"? Waaaaat?

May I ask, what planet have you been on for the last 20 years?
              Even the cases that make it into the mainstream media are too many to count.
              Most, I am betting, never make it out beyond the walls of the institutions.
              Why? Because they would taint the image and the funding of those institutions.
              And so the culprits are very quietly hushed out the back door.

No, I'm not going to do the work for you. Just do a computer search for
              things like "Peer Review crisis"; scientific data falsification; ethics crisis in science;
              and stuff like that.

BTW: who can ever forget the intercepted emails in which the "Global
              Warming" fiasco / smoking gun came to light? Notice how it all just "went away".

Another one: until recently, there were scores of products representing billions
              of dollars a year for "Testosterone treatment". It seems that the laboratory data
              (investigation is currently ongoing) was "not all there" and so the FDA approved
              the products. Result? Men started dropping like flies. The products were
              removed (but too late - the damage has been done) and now the lawyers are
              having a field day (as they always do).

At times where if results aren't produced the funding - gigadollars - goes away,
              there is way too much incentive to cut corners and give em' what they want to see.

On and on and on and on and on ... the list is endless.

What planet was that?

Jorge
              So how would YEC biochemists do pharmaceutical research any differently than "evolutionists"? Were any of the researchers YECs? And this was more a business issue than a scientific one.

I love the "dropping like flies" hyperbole. Cute.

Your testosterone treatment example is irrelevant to the discussion.

K54

Comment

Post # 70 - claim and support right there in one small paragraph.
                Somehow, Beagle Boy misses it and then accuses ME of "ducking".

Of course, I know what he's referring to but I am so sick-and-tired
                of explaining myself.

Jorge
                Your "Claim-and-Support" was an ipse dixit.

The Truth: Physical data and induction drive Scientific Method to tentative conclusions that are malleable to further discover. A particular Bible interpretation is the CONCLUSIVE and the body of evidence is cherry-picked to fit the conclusion.

And that's a fact, Fact, FACT!

It was demonstrated that the red highlighted claim is simply nonsense. Testosterone treatment? Really?

Originally posted by Jorge, post #70
                You know better than that but you can't stand being shown up as an intellectually dishonest person (said dishonesty, of course, boils over into all aspects of life). So let me support my claim, lest you use your 'powers' to ban me: that cartoon that you post - "The Scientific Method v. The Creationist Method" - is right up there amongst the most lying, fact-free, libelous myths. Not to mention the fact that notable, secular philosophers of science generally agree that most scientists often begin with a set of beliefs and then go out to support them. The extreme example of this is when "scientists" fabricate (false) data in order to support their beliefs, gain fame and keep the money rolling in - something that is done quite often by NON-Creationists.

Thus, anyone with a microgram of integrity would never use that cartoon against Creationists. Has this stopped you? Nope, of course not. Why? Because that "microgram of integrity" isn't there, that's why.

I trust that my meaning is clear as fine crystal. Oh, and don't take this personally. The same may be said of most of those belonging to your 'clan'. They know who they are.

Jorge

Comment