Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Atomic Clocks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omniskeptical View Post
    OH, so you remember it. But currently, he lied by implying Jorge is scientificly competent to me.
    Why are you still allowed to post here?

Comment

OH, so you remember it.
      He did not indicate in any way that he remembers it. By his silence he implies that he does not remember it.

[ But currently, he lied by implying Jorge is scientificly competent to me.
      LOL wut? What does "scientificly [sic] competent to me" mean?

I didn't imply anything of the kind. I explicitly stated:

Originally posted by JonF View Post
      Nope, you are really worse than Jorge when it comes to scientific knowledge of subjects on which you pontificate. By an order of magnitude or more. That's really bad.
      That's not an implication. My conclusion from observing your and Jorge's posts is that Jorge, who is abysmally ignorant of science, is much much more knowledgeable of science than you with your randomly chosen irrelevant phrases and obvious lack of any knowledge of any subject mentioned in this thread.

The definitions of lie are:
      • a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood. Synonyms: prevarication, falsification. Antonyms: truth.
      • something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture: His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.
      • an inaccurate or false statement; a falsehood.
      • the charge or accusation of telling a lie: He flung the lie back at his accusers.

To establish my claim as a lie requires that you demonstrate that it is false (good luck with that!) and that I knew it was false (which it wasn't and isn't) when I posted it.

That's yet another unsupported accusation of lying that I've reported.

Comment

Omniskeptical is obviously trolling hard for attention. Why feed him?
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

OH, so you remember it. But currently, he lied by implying Jorge is scientificly competent to me.
          That's enough. Leave the thread and you are being modded.

Someone's opinion of your incompetency is not a lie. It is his opinion.

Source: Campus Decorum

Strongly inflammatory characterizations, such as allegations of outright intentional lying, criminal conduct, or severe moral turpitude must be backed up as to the truth of the matter at the time of the assertion. Such posts may be edited in full until such substantiation is provided. We consider a lie to be a poster knowingly and willfully making a statement they know to be untrue. In order to substantiate a lie, it must be shown that the poster in question is stating something they know to be untrue. Facts that are in dispute should never be referred to as lies. All efforts to substantiate an accusation of lying should take place in the same post as the accusation or a separate thread may be started in the Psychotherapy Room outlining the accusation and providing substantiation.

All subsequent discussion of the accusation must take place in the Psychotherapy Room. Please note that one person's faith position may inform their opinion of the acts or faiths of another - in stating positions of faith, allegations of lying are not appropriate.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Omniskeptical is obviously trolling hard for attention. Why feed him?
            I've stopped feeding his "scientific" silliness, but I will continue to respond to personal attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by JonF View Post
              I've stopped feeding his "scientific" silliness, but I will continue to respond to personal attacks.
              Up to you. That's what he's angling for, though.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Any more flaming and I will close the thread.

Comment

That can't be a lie, since it's true. Jorge may be a Sphyrapicus varius, but at least he knows that cosmic rays come from the cosmos.

Roy
                  Last edited by Roy; 06-10-2014, 02:09 PM.
                  Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                  MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Uh-oh. I may have inadvertently closed the thread

Roy
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                      That can't be a lie, since it's true. Jorge may be a Sphyrapicus varius, but at least he knows that cosmic rays come from the cosmos.

Roy
                      But Jorge doesn't even know what Calculus is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omniskeptical View Post
                        But Jorge doesn't even know what Calculus is.
                        Can you support that claim?

K54

Comment

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                          Can you support that claim?

K54
                          Nothing is supportable on a discussion board. But I want to try him.

Comment

• Howabout recommending a good textbook of nuclear science, JonF?

Comment

• I come at it mostly from the geology/dating perspective. Dalrymple's the Age of the Earth is good but basic. Radiogenic Isotope Geology is more technical, but you'll have to buy the book if you want the equations and some of the figures shown properly. Modern Nuclear Chemistry is pretty seriously technical. Beyond that you are looking at heavy-duty stuff such as Introduction to Applied Nuclear Physics or other stuff at Nuclear Science and Engineering.

ETA Some classic works on the constancy of fundamental constants are The fundamental constants and their variation: observational status and theoretical motivations and Variation of fundamental constants: theory and observations. On gteh constancy of decay rates see Perturbation of Nuclear Decay Rates.
                              Last edited by JonF; 06-10-2014, 07:46 PM.

Comment