Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Quantum Entanglement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantum Entanglement?

If I remember correctly, Little Monkey, in the past, said that quantum entanglement does not actually happen. But it seems that it does. This is really strange stuff. How is it possible for one particle to instantly copycat another particle even at a distance? How can something (like information) travel faster than the speed of light, travel instantly?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dutch-...212440375.html

Dutch Scientists Just Shattered Our Conception Of How Information Will Travel In The Future

Back to our Dutch scientists — they trapped qubits in diamonds and were able to establish a measurement of the qubits' spin. This measurement is the acual information that was "teleported," by way of a process called quantum entanglement. To simplify this idea a lot, entanglement is essentially what happens when one particle copycats another, even over a distance. Change the spin of one particle, the other instantly changes its spin to match.

Einstein famously decried entanglement, calling it "spooky action at a distance." But repeated variations of this experiment only lend more credence to it as a completely valid natural phenomena that we are slowly learning to manipulate.

Forget Google Fiber. Once this stuff is perfected, a quantum internet that's built upon it could mean instantaneous transmission and receipt of data around the world or even the universe! In 1964, an Irish physicist named John Bell predicted that this could be used to transmit data across light years of distance.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Electromagnetic fields equal Quantum Entanglement?

Comment

cool.

Instantaneous communication.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          cool.

Instantaneous communication.
          Everybody who has ever sent an email, then thought "OOOOOOPS" and looked for "recall" is cringing.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Seer,

Where do you want this thread to go? Perhaps how we can see galaxies billions of light-years distant in a 6,000 year timeframe?

K54

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
              Seer,

Where do you want this thread to go? Perhaps how we can see galaxies billions of light-years distant in a 6,000 year timeframe?

K54

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                Seer,

K54
                No, not at all, I didn't even think of that. I just think it is really freaky - I mean how is this possible.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

It is interesting that those of a more scientific mind on these boards don't seem to want to touch this subject. But this quote got me thinking:

The rules for the subatomic world are totally unlike the rules for our macroscopic world. A particle can be in multiple places at the same time, and can even disappear on one side of a barrier and reappear on the other side without actually traveling through it.
                  That makes some of the miracles in scripture look tame, or at least more plausible.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    It is interesting that those of a more scientific mind on these boards don't seem to want to touch this subject. But this quote got me thinking:

That makes some of the miracles in scripture look tame, or at least more plausible.
                    I do not have any problem with the subject. There needs to be considerable more research on QT to understand what is being observed.

This post reveals your underlying motive concerning this subject. The unknowns of QT do not justify a belief in reported anecdotal miracles 2000 years old. What is presently known about QT is based on observations of the behavior of particles.
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                      I do not have any problem with the subject. There needs to be considerable more research on QT to understand what is being observed.

This post reveals your underlying motive concerning this subject. The unknowns of QT do not justify a belief in reported anecdotal miracles 2000 years old. What is presently known about QT is based on observations of the behavior of particles.
                      Stop being an idiot Shuny. I just though of that this morning, I had no underlying motive. I still would like someone who understands this explain what is going on (this does not include you Shuny, since you are clueless).
                      Last edited by seer; 06-01-2014, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Stop being an idiot Shuny.
                        You're asking for a miracle.

Comment

Stop being an idiot Shuny. I just though of that this morning, I had no underlying motive. I still would like someone who understands this explain what is going on (this does not include you Shuny, since you are clueless).
                          How do you expect anyone to explain it to you? You can read the research and observations concerning QT just like anyone else. When there is more research there may be more explanations of the nature of QT.

The observations of QT, are just that observations. Objective Methodological Naturalism will be the process that will gather the information in the future and produce the results. There have been paradoxes in the past, and over time there have been adequate explanations for them.

This post further confirms your motive in this, since you basically reject science to begin with.
                          Last edited by shunyadragon; 06-01-2014, 03:23 PM.
                          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                            This post further confirms your motive in this, since you basically reject science to begin with.
                            You are lying Shuny, I had no hidden motives. It is bad enough when you pretend to understand science, now you pretend that you knew what was in my mind when I posted this.
                            Last edited by seer; 06-01-2014, 04:06 PM.

Comment

You are lying Shuny, I had no hidden motives. It is bad enough when you pretend to understand science, now you pretend that you knew what was in my mind when I posted this.
                              It is revealed in your emails. Biblical miracles have no logical connection to the physics of QT, unless you have a motive for making the connection.

This section is for Natural Science. I will be cruising for stuff on QT, but if you want to discuss miracles, let's go to apologetics of another theist section.
                              Last edited by shunyadragon; 06-01-2014, 04:39 PM.

Frank

Comment