Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Jorge's opportunity to debate specific data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
    Perhaps you'd be right in your weird-n-wacko world of semantic gymnastics. But in the normal world - where the plain, direct meaning of words indicates the message conveyed - then you are (once again) indulging in your colorful Fantasy Land.
    "Given the above evidence for a cometary reservoir such as the Oort cloud, in order to establish their point YECs should be providing evidence against it rather than merely relying upon personal incredulity."

So now YECs have to provide evidence that the Oort Cloud DOES NOT EXIST !?!?!

Bwahahahahaha !!! Mercy ... mercy !!!

Jorge
    Jorge, there is evidence for a source of comets in the outer solar system. That evidence is derived from the orbits of new long period comets. They tend to come from out beyond 10000AU, with a peak at around 20000 AU. You should understand what that means. We dont need photographs to know they come from that far away. We derive that from their orbits. Simple physics.

So stop acting like this doesn't exist. Some sort of long distance source exists. We do not have direct observation of more than a few, but given their is no singular source direction, and given what we observe of other star systems, the idea this source is likely some kind of cloud with far more objects than we've seen so far is very likely.

Given that we know some sort of source exists, one can't prove it doesn't exist. So your comment on that element is pure willful ignorance. What YEC could perhaps show is that this source is too sparse to be able to replenish the supply. That would be a weak retort, as it is always possible we happen to be at a maximum population due to some relatively close pass of a star knocking several in toward the sun. But at this point that is what is available as far as this data set is concerned.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-31-2014, 11:45 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• I will have to wonder what you scientists like about Turkel. He has given nothing by saying Jorge is not educated in any scientific fields. This was supposed to be a big shocker.

Comment

• You may see why I said I miss Socrates.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          You may see why I said I miss Socrates.
          One guess: because Socrates was far more tolerant and diplomatic with the low-grade manure that spews from the Theistic Evolutionists here (?) ....... am I close?

I am neither tolerant nor diplomatic and that irks some to no end.
          So, yeah, if I were you, I guess that I'd also miss folk like Socrates.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            Jorge, there is evidence for a source of comets in the outer solar system. That evidence is derived from the orbits of new long period comets. They tend to come from out beyond 10000AU, with a peak at around 20000 AU. You should understand what that means. We dont need photographs to know they come from that far away. We derive that from their orbits. Simple physics.

So stop acting like this doesn't exist. Some sort of long distance source exists. We do not have direct observation of more than a few, but given their is no singular source direction, and given what we observe of other star systems, the idea this source is likely some kind of cloud with far more objects than we've seen so far is very likely.

Given that we know some sort of source exists, one can't prove it doesn't exist. So your comment on that element is pure willful ignorance. What YEC could perhaps show is that this source is too sparse to be able to replenish the supply. That would be a weak retort, as it is always possible we happen to be at a maximum population due to some relatively close pass of a star knocking several in toward the sun. But at this point that is what is available as far as this data set is concerned.

Jim
            You keep attributing to me that which you practice by the truckload. Why is that, O-Mudd? I mean, don't you even have a clue that I am well read on what's true and not - what's known and what's pure fabrication - regarding something like this? Are you really that desperate so as to delude yourself into believing that I have "willful ignorance"? Geesh!

Maybe later, if I find some time, I'll provide for you several sources that speak on the "Oort Cloud" - what it is and what it isn't. Concisely, the Oort Cloud is nothing more than another of many fabrications concocted so as to save the gigayears of the Materialistic worldview and, as always, you share in those beliefs with your Materialist pals.

Stay tuned ...

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Clucky View Post

Jorge
              You're also not honest, nor scientifically literate, nor brave enough to answer questions.

You do fling chicken poo and cluck cowardly away with the best of them though.

Comment

One guess: because Socrates was far more tolerant and diplomatic with the low-grade manure that spews from the Theistic Evolutionists here (?) ....... am I close?

Jorge
                I am not a TE.

Comment

You keep attributing to me that which you practice by the truckload. Why is that, O-Mudd? I mean, don't you even have a clue that I am well read on what's true and not - what's known and what's pure fabrication - regarding something like this? Are you really that desperate so as to delude yourself into believing that I have "willful ignorance"? Geesh!

Maybe later, if I find some time, I'll provide for you several sources that speak on the "Oort Cloud" - what it is and what it isn't. Concisely, the Oort Cloud is nothing more than another of many fabrications concocted so as to save the gigayears of the Materialistic worldview and, as always, you share in those beliefs with your Materialist pals.

Stay tuned ...

Jorge

A bit old but a good summary for that time ... note the quote from (the late) Carl Sagan...
                  http://creation.com/comets-and-the-a...e-solar-system

‘Many scientific papers are written each year about the Oort Cloud, its properties, its origin, its evolution. Yet there is not yet a shred of direct observational evidence for its existence.’
                  Sagan, C. and Druyan, A., 1985. Comets, Random House, New York, p 201.

"This raises a very important question as to the scientific status of the Oort cloud. Can something that cannot be observed, even indirectly as in the case of subatomic phenomenon, be classed as scientific? While the Oort cloud is often referred to as a theory, given the usual definition of a theory and the impossibility of observation, can the Oort cloud be termed a theory? Indeed, given that it is doubtful that this idea can ever be tested, one has to question whether the Oort cloud is even an hypothesis."

This article illustrates the wild-n-wacky lengths that Naturalists will go to in order to hold on to their beliefs ('cause it sure isn't science). http://www.icr.org/article/new-comet-origins/

Well, that's as much time as I'll put into this but I did want to make a comment on your "science". You say, "Jorge, there is evidence for a source of comets in the outer solar system. That evidence is derived from the orbits of new long period comets. They tend to come from out beyond 10000AU, with a peak at around 20000 AU. You should understand what that means. We don't need photographs to know they come from that far away. We derive that from their orbits. Simple physics. So stop acting like this doesn't exist. Some sort of long distance source exists."

I had to stop myself from falling off the chair after reading the above. (1) Extrapolating distances from orbits does NOT in any way, shape or form imply an Oort Cloud. (2) Your last claim (sentence) above is an assumption - a necessary assumption - that you people absolutely must have in order to account for long-period comets when they shouldn't be there if the solar system were billions of years old. (3) You also claim that "there is evidence for a source". NO THERE IS NOT. The comets are observed but these observations say nothing about their source. Yet, their source is in question only if gigayears truly exist. We Biblical Creationists have NO NEED for an Oort Cloud for the simple fact that with only thousands of years then the existence of these comets poses NO MYSTERY to us - only to you with your gigayears. I'll stop here although there's much more nonsense of yours that I could respond to.

When-oh-when are you FINALLY going to get it?

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by Omniskeptical View Post
                    I am not a TE.
                    That post/comment was not directed at you.

Jorge

Comment

... about Turkel.
                      Who?
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Perhaps you'd be right in your weird-n-wacko world of semantic gymnastics. But in the normal world - where the plain, direct meaning of words indicates the message conveyed - then you are (once again) indulging in your colorful Fantasy Land.
                        "Given the above evidence for a cometary reservoir such as the Oort cloud, in order to establish their point YECs should be providing evidence against it rather than merely relying upon personal incredulity."

So now YECs have to provide evidence that the Oort Cloud DOES NOT EXIST !?!?!

Bwahahahahaha !!! Mercy ... mercy !!!

Jorge
                        Bloviating Gasbag,

Why would a Jorgian YEC "theory" necessarily be against the existence of the OC? How would demonstrating its existence or non-existence be relevant to whatever passes for Biblical Creation "Science" in Bizarro World?

I mean I'm sure you agree that there are galaxies millions of LYs distant. Why the holy heck would the OC bother your ilk?

Why don't you concentrate on putative YEC evidence like polonium halos or give the Jorgian YEC explanation for the Appalachian Cyclothems, e.g.???

Pick something relevant and that you're not too cowardly to run away from?

K54

P.S. Oh, BTW - did you understand that capitalizing "word" when it refers to the Bible is inaccurate and misleading?

Comment

I am not a TE.
                          Irrelevant to the thread.

What is a Unitarian non-evolutionist anyway? (That's a rhetoric question.)

K54

Comment

• Why is it that you seem to confuse me with a Theistic Evolutionist? I am no such thing.
                            Originally posted by Jorge View Post

Jorge
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Jim
                              It was only a decade or two ago that YECs were similarly scoffing and making dismissive claims concerning the Kuiper Belt. Now such denial is all but impossible. One would think that this lesson would teach a bit of humility but then again this Jorge that we're dealing with.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Jorge
                                While I wasn't posting when Socrates was here I read many of his posts. Tolerant or diplomatic are two terms I don't think that I would ever associate with him.

The difference was that he would usually at least make an attempt to provide support for his statements rather than merely bellow and bluster.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment