Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Jorge's opportunity to debate specific data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
    Frankly, I don't even read your stuff any more, O-Mudd. I mean, when you won't even acknowledge what is so blatantly obvious then what's the point? That's the thing about intellectual dishonesty - it renders any discussion meaningless and pointless. That's how I feel about you (and others here on TWeb) - I am sorry to say.

Jorge
    Gidday Jorge,

You realize of course, that your "true science" has as many metaphysical underpinnings as does your "false science"?

Comment

• Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
      Given that you're a proven liar and gutless coward who has never discussed any of your moronic YEC claims anyway no one will be missing anything.
      I find that out on facebook too. YECs mostly hate discussing their own ideas. They only want to discuss yours, and mostly distort them, and argue to those distortions, as if that somehow automatically makes them correct.

Comment

This sounds like SOME kind of religious belief but it is most definitely not Orthodox Biblical Christianity. On that subject, I definitely wouldn't advise you to seek guidance from 'certain' folk here on TWeb. I don't know what you'd get but it won't be Orthodox Biblical Christianity. Just trying to help, that's all - do as you wish.

Jorge
        Oh but it is Orthodox Christianity. I wouldn't lie and say it is biblical though.
        Last edited by Omniskeptical; 05-28-2014, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omniskeptical View Post
          Oh but it is Orthodox Christianity. I wouldn't lie and say it is biblical though.
          Unitarianism isn't Orthodox, it's not even orthodox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            Unitarianism isn't Orthodox, it's not even orthodox.
            God killing himself is not orthodox, nor biblical. God wanting to destroy productive people for self-riteous religious buffoons is also equally unorthodox. The trinity doctrine is heterodox in every since of the word. A God who needs a son to forgive what he created is not credibly all-knowing and reminds me of Allah.

Comment

God killing himself is not orthodox, nor biblical. God wanting to destroy productive people for self-riteous religious buffoons is also equally unorthodox. The trinity doctrine is heterodox in every since of the word. A God who needs a son to forgive what he created is not credibly all-knowing and reminds me of Allah.
              You don't understand what orthodox in this sense means do you? Also, much of your post is merely It's basically the same as one of the bad atheist memes I have seen floating around.

Comment

Well, God dies for sins, and sins are unforgiveable, we are all sinners, non righteous, and all wrongdoers, we deserve death because we are sinners. God has to send his son, because he couldn't help but let Satan frig it up. God pretends to forgive mankind, because he kills himself to understand mankind. The anti-intellectualness of the whole doctrine is mind boggling. Oh did we forget the holy spirit, which has no special function in the trinity?
                This would probably need to be a different thread in a different forum (maybe). But I'll give some short answers that work for me.

I see sin in terms of mathematical series. Some series add to a constant value. Some to an infinite value. Looking at sin as we do (in finite terms) we can never see what sin will become with unlimited scope. So we can only see sin as having limited cost except in extreme cases (e.g. Hitler). But God is looking at what it does over an infinite 'lifetime'. Christ's work in us does not eliminate sin, but changes us fundamentally so that the 'sum' of our sin has only finite cost over infinite time, whereas without him it has infinite cost over infinite time. This also accounts for the differences we see in people. Take 1/2+1/3+1/4 etc. This sum is infinite. Consider then 1/2+1/4+1/8. This has finite sum. Again in our finite scope, someone who exibits 1/1000 + 1/1001 + 1/1002 looks to us like a much better fellow than the guy that exhibits 2+1+1/2+1/4. Indeed, over our finite lifetimes, the first fellow may well always look like a better fellow than the second. But again, God looks at who we are/will be in eternity, not just who we are here.

The unforgivableness of sin apart from Christ is related to what the ultimate end is for us given an eternity to live as we are. This is something virtually impossible for us to see. and probably the idea we could in fact become some kind of monster, if we think of ourselves as basically good folk, is probably rather offensive to us. But that is why to come to Christ we must first glimpse who we are apart from Him.

I don't think God 'let' Satan frig it up. I think that fundamentally we must be free moral agents for us to be what God intends for us to be. Satan is merely part of what had to be for us to become what we need to become, if we choose to do so. How many stories have been written that address the issue of true love, and why being able to force someone to love us is so unsatisfying. It is not real. For us to be what we should be, we must be free not to be that if we so desire.

Anyway, that is probably enough for a NAT sci thread. But I think what you are seeing as anti-intellectual is more of a over-simplified/bubble-gum (dare I say Jorgeian) version of what is really there.

Jim
                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-28-2014, 06:22 PM.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Trinitarian Creationists have anti-intellectualness in their science that expects miracles. It is obvious when looking at physicist Humphrey's worthless work. And why do you say mankind has unforgiveable wrongs against God? Even though it isn't the other way around somewhat, I could make a case against God whether he would exist or not on the basis of such a "revelation".

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    You don't understand what orthodox in this sense means do you? Also, much of your post is merely It's basically the same as one of the bad atheist memes I have seen floating around.
                    Orthodox no longer means the standard, except when talking about religion. A lame standard is a lame orthodoxy.

Comment

Frankly, I don't even read your stuff any more, O-Mudd. I mean, when you won't even acknowledge what is so blatantly obvious then what's the point? That's the thing about intellectual dishonesty - it renders any discussion meaningless and pointless. That's how I feel about you (and others here on TWeb) - I am sorry to say.

Jorge
                      That you don't read what I write is somewhat obvious Jorge. You certainly don't understand very much of it. When I won't acknowledge what is blatantly obvious? There you go thinking you know what other people think and believe better than they themselves do.

You accuse, you libel, you demean, you mock, all without so much as a single pang of conscience.

You tell lies (as outlined in previous posts about me and by Roy) yet do not care.

You make mistake after mistake, and yet never admit to having made them.

does that not trouble you Jorge?

Jim
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-28-2014, 06:35 PM.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Jorge, why not assume that billions of years passed before Genesis 1 and then billions more years passed in Genesis 1-2?
                        The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

• I want a God who is stupid and incompetent too.

Comment

• Originally posted by JonF View Post
                            Opinions differ on that.

He was a well-known YEC. I won't out him but his real identity was an open secret.
                            You will notice that I did not mention his "secret identity."
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

He is an idolater who prefers creationism to Unitarianist Evolution. I prefer my Unitarianism without evolution, but really. This kid is under the delusion that he is Godly wise.
                              I have no idea what "Unitarianist Evolution" and "Unitarianism with evolution" mean. Could you clarify? Is "Unitarianist" an accepted word?

Also, are you some kind of Greek scholar who is able distinguish between "died" and "was executed"??? AFAICT they mean the same thing.

K54

Comment

Trinitarian Creationists have anti-intellectualness in their science that expects miracles. It is obvious when looking at physicist Humphrey's worthless work. And why do you say mankind has unforgiveable wrongs against God? Even though it isn't the other way around somewhat, I could make a case against God whether he would exist or not on the basis of such a "revelation".
                                What does this gibberish have to do with this thread?

Puzzled...

K54

Comment