Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Is 5G dangerous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Mike, do you have a cell phone?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      So Mike, do you have a cell phone?
      I think you have missed a lot of the foregoing discussion. You have not caught up on the available studies yet, have you?

Yes. But that won't stop 5G from happening.

I don't use the phone much per day. I don't generally keep the phone right next to me (in a pocket or in my hands).

It is not only the phone's concentrated EMF against your head, the bigger problem will be 1) the type of signals that the 5G entails and 2) the higher exposure levels due to closer proximity to 5G transceivers.

I'm hoping to gather more specific details about the 5G implementations and technology. But we already have lots of sickness that is traced to proximity to cell phone technology and wifi. And we are getting exposed to more of this all the time. Especially, people who do have a reaction to cell phones or wi-fi (such as headaches or feeling nauseous) should get to a place where such signals are less strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        It is not only the phone's concentrated EMF against your head, the bigger problem will be 1) the type of signals that the 5G entails and 2) the higher exposure levels due to closer proximity to 5G transceivers.
        This assumes that there is a problem, which there is no evidence for.

But we already have lots of sickness that is traced to proximity to cell phone technology and wifi. And we are getting exposed to more of this all the time. Especially, people who do have a reaction to cell phones or wi-fi (such as headaches or feeling nauseous) should get to a place where such signals are less strong.
        And that's false.
        https://www.bmj.com/content/332/7546/886.full

This study, typical of a number of others, shows that people who claim to have symptoms in response to EMF exposure don't. Instead, they report symptoms when they're told they're being exposed - even if the source is shut off.
        "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

I think you have missed a lot of the foregoing discussion. You have not caught up on the available studies yet, have you?

Yes. But that won't stop 5G from happening.

I don't use the phone much per day. I don't generally keep the phone right next to me (in a pocket or in my hands).

I'm hoping to gather more specific details about the 5G implementations and technology. But we already have lots of sickness that is traced to proximity to cell phone technology and wifi. And we are getting exposed to more of this all the time. Especially, people who do have a reaction to cell phones or wi-fi (such as headaches or feeling nauseous) should get to a place where such signals are less strong.
          You don't seem to understand how radiowaves work. You are being bathed in them 24/7. If you are using wifi, you are already being bathed in high frequency radio emissions. In the same spectrum as 5G cell phones. There just isn't any ACTUAL scientific evidence that any of it is causing us harm. This is all just more conspiracy theory nonsense. I have a degree in electronics and an FCC general radiotelephone license (a certificate to all someone to work on transmitters in radio and TV stations). You have nothing to worry about.

Comment

You don't seem to understand how radiowaves work. You are being bathed in them 24/7. If you are using wifi, you are already being bathed in high frequency radio emissions. In the same spectrum as 5G cell phones. There just isn't any ACTUAL scientific evidence that any of it is causing us harm. This is all just more conspiracy theory nonsense. I have a degree in electronics and an FCC general radiotelephone license (a certificate to all someone to work on transmitters in radio and TV stations). You have nothing to worry about.
            Do you have medical degree too? Was this a PhD? Did you study the EMF effects on biology in this degree? Did this keep you informed of the specific cellular technologies being deployed in recent years and being deployed shortly? Did you study the military technologies using millimeter waves?
            Last edited by mikewhitney; 06-08-2020, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Did this keep you informed of the specific cellular technologies being deployed in recent years and being deployed shortly?
              Once again, it's the wavelength and total emissions that matter. How those emissions are used to transmit data is irrelevant.
              "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

This video is interesting by Martin Pall,PhD, concerning harm from EMF
                He also hasn't proposed any viable mechanism. And he hasn't performed any experiments. He has performed meta analysis of other studies, he's also fairly criticized for selectively ignoring the studies that didn't find any correlation, so his research appears rather tendentious.

Do you have medical degree too? Was this a PhD?
                I have a Masters degree in physics from the Institute of Physics and Astronony in Aarhus Denmark.

Also you're making an argument from authority. It's okay that respect his degrees, but if you want to go down that route of acceding to expert knowledge, then you ought to go by the mainstream view in science which is that 5G isn't known to have any particular dangers. Otherwise you'll have to present particular arguments of his.

Comment

Do you have medical degree too? Was this a PhD? Did you study the EMF effects on biology in this degree? Did this keep you informed of the specific cellular technologies being deployed in recent years and being deployed shortly? Did you study the military technologies using millimeter waves?
                  I play a doctor on TV

Comment

5G phones are only dangerous if you throw one at someone's head.
                    I dont know if anyone cares, but the source of a lot of the 'concern' over 5g is nut brained conspiracy theories that say the reason covid was so bad in NYC is that 5g reduces immune response.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment