Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

"The case for junk DNA"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I have tried to point it out, but it goes over the head like most other attempts at reason. With Jorge and others like him, the end justifies the means. There is no reason to be concerned about the logical consistency of the argument, or even that attitude with which it is delivered, because what they are telling you is true, therefore it's your fault if you don't get it, self-examination is unnecessary, and self-doubt verboten.

Jim
    WOW ... lay off the 'hard stuff', Jimbo ... it'll 'eat' your liver.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post

BWAAAAK BWAAAAK buc buc buc BWAAAAK!!

Jorge
      Exactly as expected when Jorge can't answer critiques of his nonsense he flings a few insults then clucks away.

Comment

You're a moron, Tiggy-Beagle. What in heaven's name possessed me to believe that I could 'reason' with you. Shame on me ... let that be a lesson to me and to any reader. I may as well have tried to present my argument to a sea slug.

Jorge
        Ah, I can see one problem. You're trying to "reason" with us, and we expect you to reason with us.

Am I on the right track, Folks?

K54

Comment

WOW ... lay off the 'hard stuff', Jimbo ... it'll 'eat' your liver.

Jorge
          Jorge,

Lay off the brittle YEC Fundamentalism, it'll 'eat' your frontal lobe!

You're welcome!

K54

Comment

• Folks,

What was this thread supposed to be about, anyway?

Confused...

Santa

Comment

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
              Folks,

What was this thread supposed to be about, anyway?

Confused...

Santa
              "The case for Junk DNA" ... a belief that persists just as much as Geocentricism once persisted. Epicycles, you may recall, were invented in order to retain the geocentric paradigm. That pales in comparison with the "epicycles" that have been invented in order to retain Evolutionism. More "epicycles" are sure to come.

Jorge

Comment

"The case for Junk DNA" ... a belief that persists just as much as Geocentricism once persisted. Epicycles, you may recall, were invented in order to retain the geocentric paradigm. That pales in comparison with the "epicycles" that have been invented in order to retain Evolutionism. More "epicycles" are sure to come.

Jorge
                Geocentrism, huh? Perhaps the BEST example of projection from you yet. You win the Kewpie doll!

YEC "science" tries ANY ad hoc approach it can get to prop up the Titanic even though it's sunk to the bottom of the Atlantic a century ago.

So, again -- 1) Do you believe there is any junk DNA at all? 2) If so do you believe it's evidence of degradation of the genome due to the Fall as evidenced by the declining lifespans of the Patriarchs?

This should be easy to answer since it covers all your bases.

K54

P.S. What the Devil do epicycles have to do with "evolutionism"???
                Last edited by klaus54; 05-28-2014, 12:41 PM. Reason: P.S.

Comment