Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Friday the 13th Full Moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday the 13th Full Moon

Source: https://www.space.com/friday-the-13th-micromoon-2019.html

The full micromoon adds a little extra creepiness to Friday the 13th.(Image: © Viacheslav Lopatin/Shutterstock)
    A full moon on Friday the 13th is spooky enough, but hold on to your black cats. September's full moon will also be a "micromoon."

Skywatchers in Central, Mountain and Pacific time zones will get a view of the full moon tonight (Sept. 13) at 11:32 p.m., 10:32 p.m. and 9:32 p.m., respectively, while East Coasters will see the moon at its fullest at 12:32 a.m. on the 14th. Regardless of time zone, the moon will appear just a bit dimmer than usual (eerie!), because it will be at apogee, or its farthest distance from Earth.

That means that the moon will appear about 14% smaller and 30% dimmer than when it is at its closest point to Earth, which is known as perigee.

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

For those that trembled in anticipation nothing happened.
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Same for those who didn't tremble in anticipation

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Only the Chinese Moon Festival and the Mooncakes my wife ordered from China.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Well, i went to a movie, so something happened.
          "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

I took a good dump, which at my age is a notable event....Thank you micromoon...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I saw a micro-werewolf.

No, wait, that was my schnauzer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                I saw a micro-werewolf.

No, wait, that was my schnauzer.
                No, he's normally a micro-wolf. If he's a lycanthrope, he's a wolfwere, and changed into a teenager for a bit. Was he all angsty?
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  No, he's normally a micro-wolf. If he's a lycanthrope, he's a wolfwere, and changed into a teenager for a bit. Was he all angsty?
                  He is only 8 months old so that is a teenager in Schnauzer years.

Comment

I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hands.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                      I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hands.
                      Hmm, I saw a werewolf drinking a piña colada at Trader Vic's - and his hair was perfect.

Wait a sec. Jesse is always going on about his "perfect hair." Does this mean that he's a werewolf?!?!?1?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        He is only 8 months old so that is a teenager in Schnauzer years.
                        Yes, that's why I said teenager.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                          Speak for yourself. I spent the night running away from a psycho in a hockey mask.
                          "When the Western world accepted Christianity, Caesar conquered; and the received text of Western theology was edited by his lawyers…. The brief Galilean vision of humility flickered throughout the ages, uncertainly…. But the deeper idolatry, of the fashioning of God in the image of the Egyptian, Persian, and Roman imperial rulers, was retained. The Church gave unto God the attributes which belonged exclusively to Caesar."

— Alfred North Whitehead

Comment