// Required code

Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Imaging Quantum entanglement achieved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheLurch
    replied
    Originally posted by Boxing Pythagoras View Post
    This may be one of my favorite lines, ever.
    I appreciate both your enthusiasm and lack of taste.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by TheLurch View Post

Biologists have been spared this because the math of biology is invariably ugly.
    I cannot recall who it was that originally said it, but I've used it several times, and that's "biology is gloriously messy."

Leave a comment:

• Boxing Pythagoras
    replied
    Biologists have been spared this because the math of biology is invariably ugly.
    This may be one of my favorite lines, ever.

Leave a comment:

• TheLurch
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I was just telling Shuny what his article was saying, and explained what I understand the Holographic Theory is, along with links. Shunyadragon seemed to think I was saying that the universe was a hologram with lasers and such. I explained the theory says that somehow the universe is 3 dimensions encoded in a 2 dimensional matrix. Not that I believe it. Shunya claimed that it was just an analogy. I said, it isn't an actual hologram but they do believe that the same idea is in play, 3-dimensions encoded in a 2-dimensional universe. He said, that isn't what his article was saying, so I quoted it to him, verbatim. He didn't seem to understand what his own article was saying, so seer quoted something to him and asked him to explain it to show he understood it. Shunya has been playing "duck, bob, and weave" ever since to avoid showing he understands it.
    In general, the holographic principle is the idea that the contents of any space (regardless of dimensionality) can be described through information encoded on the surface enclosing that space.

Some physicists are excited about this, because it seems to offer the prospect of tackling some thorny problems in cosmology through some interesting math. Other physicists are excited because they think the math is so elegant it must necessarily be reality. That split is a perpetual issue for physics, and has occurred repeatedly throughout its history.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I said just above on this page that I tried to read back into the thread and figure out what's at issue, and i couldn't. Which should indicate i'm in no position to agree with anybody here.

I was just telling Shuny what his article was saying, and explained what I understand the Holographic Theory is, along with links. Shunyadragon seemed to think I was saying that the universe was a hologram with lasers and such. I explained the theory says that somehow the universe is 3 dimensions encoded in a 2 dimensional matrix. Not that I believe it. Shunya claimed that it was just an analogy. I said, it isn't an actual hologram but they do believe that the same idea is in play, 3-dimensions encoded in a 2-dimensional universe. He said, that isn't what his article was saying, so I quoted it to him, verbatim. He didn't seem to understand what his own article was saying, so seer quoted something to him and asked him to explain it to show he understood it. Shunya has been playing "duck, bob, and weave" ever since to avoid showing he understands it.

Leave a comment:

• TheLurch
    replied
    Uh no, the Lurch doesn't agree with you.
    I said just above on this page that I tried to read back into the thread and figure out what's at issue, and i couldn't. Which should indicate i'm in no position to agree with anybody here.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Remarkable self-reflection with a very low reading comprehension. Do you accuse The Lurch of the same infliction you have, because he agrees with me. In other word no coherent response, nor ability to understand the references.
    Uh no, the Lurch doesn't agree with you. You can't even explain what you believe the Holographic Theory is. You just repeat seer's quote of your article back at him. I think you are delusional.

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    That you are suffering from DK syndrome.
    Remarkable self-reflection with a very low reading comprehension. Do you accuse The Lurch of the same infliction you have, because he agrees with me. In other word no coherent response, nor ability to understand the references.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-18-2020, 12:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    . . . and I cited the source describing the holographic model as 'similar,' as in analogy,and not that the universe is actually holographic, and The Lurch is more knowledgible than both of us and has no problem with my posts, and the sources. What really is your problem?
    That you are suffering from DK syndrome.

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    The holographic theory of the universe and how quantum entanglement can help explain how it creates space/time. see Post #2.

Shuny is claiming that the holographic theory is just an analogy and I was saying no, the theory claims that the universe is encoded in two dimensions like a hologram. I don't actually buy into the theory but was explaining to Shuny that is what the theory entails. When I commented that Shuny doesn't seem to understand what he is talking about, seer posted a paragraph from the paper and asked Shuny to explain it to him in simple language, at which point Shuny just repeated it verbatim and claimed that it was clear enough.

You are all caught up.
    . . . and I cited the source describing the holographic model as 'similar,' as in analogy,and not that the universe is actually holographic, and The Lurch is more knowledgible than both of us and has no problem with my posts, and the sources. What really is your problem?
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-16-2020, 04:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Since i know something about this stuff, i tried to back read to figure out what was at issue. I failed.
    The holographic theory of the universe and how quantum entanglement can help explain how it creates space/time. see Post #2.

Shuny is claiming that the holographic theory is just an analogy and I was saying no, the theory claims that the universe is encoded in two dimensions like a hologram. I don't actually buy into the theory but was explaining to Shuny that is what the theory entails. When I commented that Shuny doesn't seem to understand what he is talking about, seer posted a paragraph from the paper and asked Shuny to explain it to him in simple language, at which point Shuny just repeated it verbatim and claimed that it was clear enough.

You are all caught up.

Leave a comment:

• TheLurch
    replied
    If it is so easy for you to understand then you should be able to paraphrase it for us luddites and explain what it means.
    Since i know something about this stuff, i tried to back read to figure out what was at issue. I failed.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    The paragraph is self-explanatory, and needs no further explanation. I detect a deficiency in your English comprehension.
    If it is so easy for you to understand then you should be able to paraphrase it for us luddites and explain what it means.

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    Simply repeating yourself still isn't explaining that paragraph Seer asked you to explain. Looks like you can't to me. It's ok to admit it.
    The paragraph is self-explanatory, and needs no further explanation. I detect a deficiency in your English comprehension.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    The citation is actually self explanatory, and reflects my previous citations, and is not in conflict with anything I previously stated. What Sparko and you have not done is 'quote' my previous posts and demonstrate anything that is in error by citing these articles or any other concerning Quantum entanglement.
    Simply repeating yourself still isn't explaining that paragraph Seer asked you to explain. Looks like you can't to me. It's ok to admit it.

You are correct I miss cited, thank you for the clarification on the error in my last post.

Leave a comment: