Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Imaging Quantum entanglement achieved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I guess you missed the little winking emoji at the end of that sentence?

I seem to know more about it than you do, as ignorant as I am.
    . . . no references to refute what I posted, and you admitted not knowing anything about the subject.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Well Shuny, tell us exactly what this means from your link, or admit that you are once again posting stuff that you don't understand, while pretending that you do.

Nice informative citation, but still nothing cited that refutes nor contradicts anything I posted.
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Nice informative citation, but still nothing cited that refutes nor contradicts anything I posted.
        Then Shuny tell us exactly what this means or admit you have no idea...

Now, Ooguri and his collaborators have found that quantum entanglement is the key to solving this question. Using a quantum theory (that does not include gravity), they showed how to compute energy density, which is a source of gravitational interactions in three dimensions, using quantum entanglement data on the surface. This is analogous to diagnosing conditions inside of your body by looking at X-ray images on two-dimensional sheets. This allowed them to interpret universal properties of quantum entanglement as conditions on the energy density that should be satisfied by any consistent quantum theory of gravity, without actually explicitly including gravity in the theory. The importance of quantum entanglement has been suggested before, but its precise role in emergence of spacetime was not clear until the new paper by Ooguri and collaborators.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Then Shuny tell us exactly what this means or admit you have no idea...
          The citation is actually self explanatory, and reflects my previous citations, and is not in conflict with anything I previously stated. What Sparko and you have not done is 'quote' my previous posts and demonstrate anything that is in error by citing these articles or any other concerning Quantum entanglement.

Again, again, and again still waiting . . .

"Now, Ooguri and his collaborators have found that quantum entanglement is the key to solving this question. Using a quantum theory (that does not include gravity), they showed how to compute energy density, which is a source of gravitational interactions in three dimensions, using quantum entanglement data on the surface. This is analogous to diagnosing conditions inside of your body by looking at X-ray images on two-dimensional sheets. This allowed them to interpret universal properties of quantum entanglement as conditions on the energy density that should be satisfied by any consistent quantum theory of gravity, without actually explicitly including gravity in the theory. The importance of quantum entanglement has been suggested before, but its precise role in emergence of spacetime was not clear until the new paper by Ooguri and collaborators."

The highlighted in plan English is the significance of the ability of imaging to better to understand and use Quantum entanglement to explain 'any consistent quantum theory of gravity,' without including the gravity in the theory. In other words 'quantum entanglement' can potentially arrive at the theory of gravity on its own.

The work of Ooguri does not address the role of spacetime.

The methods 'showed how to compute energy densities of the particles' as a source if gravitational dimensions by imaging the two-dimensional surface.

Frank

Comment

The citation is actually self explanatory, and reflects my previous citations, and is not in conflict with anything I previously stated. What Sparko and you have not done is 'quote' my previous posts and demonstrate anything that is in error by citing these articles or any other concerning Quantum entanglement.

Again, again, and again still waiting . . .

"Now, Ooguri and his collaborators have found that quantum entanglement is the key to solving this question. Using a quantum theory (that does not include gravity), they showed how to compute energy density, which is a source of gravitational interactions in three dimensions, using quantum entanglement data on the surface. This is analogous to diagnosing conditions inside of your body by looking at X-ray images on two-dimensional sheets. This allowed them to interpret universal properties of quantum entanglement as conditions on the energy density that should be satisfied by any consistent quantum theory of gravity, without actually explicitly including gravity in the theory. The importance of quantum entanglement has been suggested before, but its precise role in emergence of spacetime was not clear until the new paper by Ooguri and collaborators."

The highlighted in plan English is the significance of the ability of imaging to better to understand and use Quantum entanglement to explain 'any consistent quantum theory of gravity,' without including the gravity in the theory. In other words 'quantum entanglement' can potentially arrive at the theory of gravity on its own.
            So Seer asks you to explain it and you just repeat it verbatim?

The work of Ooguri does not address the role of spacetime.

um...

"but its precise role in emergence of spacetime was not clear until the new paper by Ooguri and collaborators."
            Last edited by Sparko; 07-22-2019, 08:25 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Sparko;652139]So Seer asks you to explain it and you just repeat it verbatim?

[B]

As I stated in the previous post:

Again, again, and again still waiting . . . for a refutation of anything I posted based on references.

um...

"but its precise role in emergence of spacetime was not clear until the new paper by Ooguri and collaborators."
              True I confirmed this, and it was not the intent of the research.

Frank

Comment

So Seer asks you to explain it and you just repeat it verbatim?

[B]

As I stated in the previous post:

Again, again, and again still waiting . . . for a refutation of anything I posted based on references.
                So what you are saying is that Seer is correct and you can't explain what it means.

True I confirmed this, and it was not the intent of the research.
                No you did not "confirm this" - you denied this:
                Shunya: The work of Ooguri does not address the role of spacetime.

Comment

So what you are saying is that Seer is correct and you can't explain what it means. [

No you did not "confirm this" - you denied this:
                  Shunya: The work of Ooguri does not address the role of spacetime.
                  You are correct I miss cited, thank you for the clarification on the error in my last post.

Frank

Comment

Simply repeating yourself still isn't explaining that paragraph Seer asked you to explain. Looks like you can't to me. It's ok to admit it.

You are correct I miss cited, thank you for the clarification on the error in my last post.

Comment

Simply repeating yourself still isn't explaining that paragraph Seer asked you to explain. Looks like you can't to me. It's ok to admit it.
                      The paragraph is self-explanatory, and needs no further explanation. I detect a deficiency in your English comprehension.

Frank

Comment

The paragraph is self-explanatory, and needs no further explanation. I detect a deficiency in your English comprehension.
                        If it is so easy for you to understand then you should be able to paraphrase it for us luddites and explain what it means.

Comment

If it is so easy for you to understand then you should be able to paraphrase it for us luddites and explain what it means.
                          Since i know something about this stuff, i tried to back read to figure out what was at issue. I failed.
                          "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
                            Since i know something about this stuff, i tried to back read to figure out what was at issue. I failed.
                            The holographic theory of the universe and how quantum entanglement can help explain how it creates space/time. see Post #2.

Shuny is claiming that the holographic theory is just an analogy and I was saying no, the theory claims that the universe is encoded in two dimensions like a hologram. I don't actually buy into the theory but was explaining to Shuny that is what the theory entails. When I commented that Shuny doesn't seem to understand what he is talking about, seer posted a paragraph from the paper and asked Shuny to explain it to him in simple language, at which point Shuny just repeated it verbatim and claimed that it was clear enough.

You are all caught up.

Comment

The holographic theory of the universe and how quantum entanglement can help explain how it creates space/time. see Post #2.

Shuny is claiming that the holographic theory is just an analogy and I was saying no, the theory claims that the universe is encoded in two dimensions like a hologram. I don't actually buy into the theory but was explaining to Shuny that is what the theory entails. When I commented that Shuny doesn't seem to understand what he is talking about, seer posted a paragraph from the paper and asked Shuny to explain it to him in simple language, at which point Shuny just repeated it verbatim and claimed that it was clear enough.

You are all caught up.
                              . . . and I cited the source describing the holographic model as 'similar,' as in analogy,and not that the universe is actually holographic, and The Lurch is more knowledgible than both of us and has no problem with my posts, and the sources. What really is your problem?
                              Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-16-2020, 03:46 PM.

Frank

Comment

. . . and I cited the source describing the holographic model as 'similar,' as in analogy,and not that the universe is actually holographic, and The Lurch is more knowledgible than both of us and has no problem with my posts, and the sources. What really is your problem?
                                That you are suffering from DK syndrome.

Comment