Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Imaging Quantum entanglement achieved

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    That you are suffering from DK syndrome.
    Remarkable self-reflection with a very low reading comprehension. Do you accuse The Lurch of the same infliction you have, because he agrees with me. In other word no coherent response, nor ability to understand the references.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-18-2020, 12:43 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Remarkable self-reflection with a very low reading comprehension. Do you accuse The Lurch of the same infliction you have, because he agrees with me. In other word no coherent response, nor ability to understand the references.
      Uh no, the Lurch doesn't agree with you. You can't even explain what you believe the Holographic Theory is. You just repeat seer's quote of your article back at him. I think you are delusional.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Uh no, the Lurch doesn't agree with you.
        I said just above on this page that I tried to read back into the thread and figure out what's at issue, and i couldn't. Which should indicate i'm in no position to agree with anybody here.
        "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
          I said just above on this page that I tried to read back into the thread and figure out what's at issue, and i couldn't. Which should indicate i'm in no position to agree with anybody here.


          I was just telling Shuny what his article was saying, and explained what I understand the Holographic Theory is, along with links. Shunyadragon seemed to think I was saying that the universe was a hologram with lasers and such. I explained the theory says that somehow the universe is 3 dimensions encoded in a 2 dimensional matrix. Not that I believe it. Shunya claimed that it was just an analogy. I said, it isn't an actual hologram but they do believe that the same idea is in play, 3-dimensions encoded in a 2-dimensional universe. He said, that isn't what his article was saying, so I quoted it to him, verbatim. He didn't seem to understand what his own article was saying, so seer quoted something to him and asked him to explain it to show he understood it. Shunya has been playing "duck, bob, and weave" ever since to avoid showing he understands it.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I was just telling Shuny what his article was saying, and explained what I understand the Holographic Theory is, along with links. Shunyadragon seemed to think I was saying that the universe was a hologram with lasers and such. I explained the theory says that somehow the universe is 3 dimensions encoded in a 2 dimensional matrix. Not that I believe it. Shunya claimed that it was just an analogy. I said, it isn't an actual hologram but they do believe that the same idea is in play, 3-dimensions encoded in a 2-dimensional universe. He said, that isn't what his article was saying, so I quoted it to him, verbatim. He didn't seem to understand what his own article was saying, so seer quoted something to him and asked him to explain it to show he understood it. Shunya has been playing "duck, bob, and weave" ever since to avoid showing he understands it.
            In general, the holographic principle is the idea that the contents of any space (regardless of dimensionality) can be described through information encoded on the surface enclosing that space.

            Some physicists are excited about this, because it seems to offer the prospect of tackling some thorny problems in cosmology through some interesting math. Other physicists are excited because they think the math is so elegant it must necessarily be reality. That split is a perpetual issue for physics, and has occurred repeatedly throughout its history.

            Biologists have been spared this because the math of biology is invariably ugly.
            "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
              Biologists have been spared this because the math of biology is invariably ugly.
              This may be one of my favorite lines, ever.
              "[Mathematics] is the revealer of every genuine truth, for it knows every hidden secret, and bears the key to every subtlety of letters; whoever, then, has the effrontery to pursue physics while neglecting mathematics should know from the start he will never make his entry through the portals of wisdom."
              --Thomas Bradwardine, De Continuo (c. 1325)

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by TheLurch View Post


                Biologists have been spared this because the math of biology is invariably ugly.
                I cannot recall who it was that originally said it, but I've used it several times, and that's "biology is gloriously messy."

                I'm always still in trouble again

                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Boxing Pythagoras View Post
                  This may be one of my favorite lines, ever.
                  I appreciate both your enthusiasm and lack of taste.
                  "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

                  Comment

                  Related Threads

                  Collapse

                  Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by shunyadragon, 10-27-2020, 03:18 PM
                  0 responses
                  17 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post shunyadragon  
                  Started by shunyadragon, 10-17-2020, 05:11 PM
                  7 responses
                  37 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post rogue06
                  by rogue06
                   
                  Started by shunyadragon, 10-09-2020, 09:25 PM
                  0 responses
                  22 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post shunyadragon  
                  Started by rogue06, 10-09-2020, 03:29 PM
                  6 responses
                  52 views
                  1 like
                  Last Post shunyadragon  
                  Started by shunyadragon, 10-07-2020, 12:11 PM
                  0 responses
                  10 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post shunyadragon  
                  Working...
                  X