Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Captain Kathryn Janeway to narrate pro-Geocentricism documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogue06
    replied
    In some ways its like when someone gets interviewed under false pretenses and the film makers edited the person's comments and stick them in a different program or movie making it look like they participated in it.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    I did not know that. Interesting.
    A lot of times the narrator never even sees the actual video, and might even be narrating from a completely different location. Like the show "Gold Rush", it is shot raw on location, edited in Britain, I believe, and narrated in a completely different location. In one of the background behind the show things, the people who are in the show finally got to meet the narrator guy.

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    The narration is typically done long before the video is ever made or edited together. The narrator just stands in a sound booth and records pages of phrases. Then the editor will cut those into place when they have the video track.
    I did not know that. Interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Interesting - but still weird.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Weird.
    The narration is typically done long before the video is ever made or edited together. The narrator just stands in a sound booth and records pages of phrases. Then the editor will cut those into place when they have the video track.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Weird.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    How do you narrate a documentary and NOT know what it's about?
    easy. You just get pieces and bits here and there and read everything out of context and order. Plus I bet she never had to even use the word Geocentrism. If you listen to her narration in the trailer, all she is saying is that "everything we know about our universe is wrong.." Which is just drama speak. It has no meaning. It could be the intro to geocentrism, or a documentary about Stephen Hawking. If she just says stuff like that, and then the clips go on to present geocentrism, there would be no way for her to know.

Leave a comment:

• klaus54
    replied
    We called that "the Dump" in my day, and it was always outside of town. Great place to take a .22 and shoot rats.

K54

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    How do you narrate a documentary and NOT know what it's about?

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
    In the article you linked to she says she was just a voice for hire and wouldn't have taken the job if she knew then what she knew now.
    Yup...

"I understand there has been some controversy about my participation in a documentary called THE PRINCIPLE. Let me assure everyone that I completely agree with the eminent physicist Lawrence Krauss, who was himself misrepresented in the film, and who has written a succinct rebuttal in SLATE. I am not a geocentrist, nor am I in any way a proponent of geocentrism. More importantly, I do not subscribe to anything Robert Sungenis has written regarding science and history and, had I known of his involvement, would most certainly have avoided this documentary. I was a voice for hire, and a misinformed one, at that. I apologize for any confusion that my voice on this trailer may have caused. Kate Mulgrew"

Leave a comment:

• Psychic Missile
    replied
    Originally posted by Raphael View Post
    She's narrating it and it's pro-geocentricism. That would suggest that Kate Mulgrew is for it.
    In the article you linked to she says she was just a voice for hire and wouldn't have taken the job if she knew then what she knew now.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Historically, the center was where the garbage went.

Leave a comment:

• klaus54
    replied
    I'm not dissing her. I'm elevating her to the honor of the center of the Cosmos/

K54

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Don't dis Mrs. Columbo!

Leave a comment:

• klaus54
    replied
    Aren't there any Biblical Geocentrists lurking here who are willing to present a consilient scientific and theological theory?

Leave a comment: