Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Captain Kathryn Janeway to narrate pro-Geocentricism documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Weird.
      The narration is typically done long before the video is ever made or edited together. The narrator just stands in a sound booth and records pages of phrases. Then the editor will cut those into place when they have the video track.

Comment

Interesting - but still weird.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          The narration is typically done long before the video is ever made or edited together. The narrator just stands in a sound booth and records pages of phrases. Then the editor will cut those into place when they have the video track.
          I did not know that. Interesting.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            I did not know that. Interesting.
            A lot of times the narrator never even sees the actual video, and might even be narrating from a completely different location. Like the show "Gold Rush", it is shot raw on location, edited in Britain, I believe, and narrated in a completely different location. In one of the background behind the show things, the people who are in the show finally got to meet the narrator guy.

Comment

In some ways its like when someone gets interviewed under false pretenses and the film makers edited the person's comments and stick them in a different program or movie making it look like they participated in it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                In the article you linked to she says she was just a voice for hire and wouldn't have taken the job if she knew then what she knew now.
                I missed that, thanks.

I notice our local bunch of Geocentricists haven't turned up to defend the position.
                Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Source: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11234962

"I understand there has been some controversy about my participation in a documentary called THE PRINCIPLE. Let me assure everyone that I completely agree with the eminent physicist Lawrence Krauss, who was himself misrepresented in the film, and who has written a succinct rebuttal in SLATE. I am not a geocentrist, nor am I in any way a proponent of geocentrism. More importantly, I do not subscribe to anything Robert Sungenis has written regarding science and history and, had I known of his involvement, would most certainly have avoided this documentary. I was a voice for hire, and a misinformed one, at that. I apologize for any confusion that my voice on this trailer may have caused.

Kate Mulgrew"

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                    I missed that, thanks.

I notice our local bunch of Geocentricists haven't turned up to defend the position.
                    I thought I did in post #6? Want more evidence? Stick Ecc. 1:5 down your stovepipe:

Originally posted by Ecc. 1:5, AKJV
                    The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.
                    Sure SOUNDS like the sun moveth about the earth! And the earth sure seems stationary to me.

Why would you believe Fallible Science(tm) over God's Word???

K54

P.S. Eppur si muove my behind! You DO realize that Galileo was CATHOLIC and the RCC is a satanic cult?!

Comment

I missed that, thanks.

Yeah, where is JM at anyway?
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        Yeah, where is JM at anyway?
                        JM = Jerry "The Beaver" Mathers?

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                          JohnMartin. A Roman Catholic geocentrist that posted here.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I take it you didn't have the pleasure of meeting JohnMartin?
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I thought I did in post #6? Want more evidence? Stick Ecc. 1:5 down your stovepipe:

Sure SOUNDS like the sun moveth about the earth! And the earth sure seems stationary to me.

Why would you believe Fallible Science(tm) over God's Word???

K54

P.S. Eppur si muove my behind! You DO realize that Galileo was CATHOLIC and the RCC is a satanic cult?!
                              Nowhere near rabid enough, and JM is a catholic who regularly denounces Galileo. (and anybody else who thinks that electromagnets are legal in Australia).

eta: fixed, thanks LPoT.
                              Last edited by Raphael; 04-09-2014, 09:23 PM.
                              Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                              1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                              -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Nowhere near rabid enough, and JM is a catholic who regularly denounces Galileo. (and anybody else who thinks that electromagnets are illegal in Australia).
                                Don't you mean legal?
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment