Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Captain Kathryn Janeway to narrate pro-Geocentricism documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Kathryn Janeway to narrate pro-Geocentricism documentary

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=11234962

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

I have not watched the video yet, but is Janeway for it or against it?

K54

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
      I have not watched the video yet, but is Janeway for it or against it?

K54
      She's narrating it and it's pro-geocentricism. That would suggest that Kate Mulgrew is for it.
      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

She should know better, you know, having travelled extensively throughout the Delta Quadrant, and all.
        βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
        ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Kate Mulgrew is the center of the universe. Mulcentric hypothesis. Disprove it!

Comment

I see the Sun rise in the east everyday, move in an arc across the southern sky, and set in the west. And all this while I'm standing still. Sure looks to me like the Sun moves around a stationary Earth.

And there's Psalm 50:1. The Bible says it, I believe it, so nyah-nyah-nyah!

K54

Comment

Aren't there any Biblical Geocentrists lurking here who are willing to present a consilient scientific and theological theory?

Comment

Don't dis Mrs. Columbo!
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I'm not dissing her. I'm elevating her to the honor of the center of the Cosmos/

K54

Comment

Historically, the center was where the garbage went.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                      She's narrating it and it's pro-geocentricism. That would suggest that Kate Mulgrew is for it.
                      In the article you linked to she says she was just a voice for hire and wouldn't have taken the job if she knew then what she knew now.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                        In the article you linked to she says she was just a voice for hire and wouldn't have taken the job if she knew then what she knew now.
                        Yup...

"I understand there has been some controversy about my participation in a documentary called THE PRINCIPLE. Let me assure everyone that I completely agree with the eminent physicist Lawrence Krauss, who was himself misrepresented in the film, and who has written a succinct rebuttal in SLATE. I am not a geocentrist, nor am I in any way a proponent of geocentrism. More importantly, I do not subscribe to anything Robert Sungenis has written regarding science and history and, had I known of his involvement, would most certainly have avoided this documentary. I was a voice for hire, and a misinformed one, at that. I apologize for any confusion that my voice on this trailer may have caused. Kate Mulgrew"

Comment

How do you narrate a documentary and NOT know what it's about?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

We called that "the Dump" in my day, and it was always outside of town. Great place to take a .22 and shoot rats.

K54

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              How do you narrate a documentary and NOT know what it's about?
                              easy. You just get pieces and bits here and there and read everything out of context and order. Plus I bet she never had to even use the word Geocentrism. If you listen to her narration in the trailer, all she is saying is that "everything we know about our universe is wrong.." Which is just drama speak. It has no meaning. It could be the intro to geocentrism, or a documentary about Stephen Hawking. If she just says stuff like that, and then the clips go on to present geocentrism, there would be no way for her to know.

Comment