Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Why I don't trust environmentalists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Dang. I had hoped maybe jail time had straightened him out. Apparently not. Still a snake oil salesman and conman.
    Just like Al Gore!

Originally posted by whag View Post
    Maybe a similar redemptive path lay ahead for Al Gore.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Just like Al Gore!

I saw Tammy Fay on TV manyl years ago, and she seemed genuinely repentant and regretted having anything to to with Jim. I hope that was true. She died in 2007 of colon cancer.

Comment

So, you went to the SCAMMER's website and swallowed his own propaganda! Perhaps you also bought some of his scam COVID supplements?

Bakker sold colloidal silver supplements that he advertised as a panacea. In March 2020, the office of the Attorney General of New York ordered Bakker to cease making false medicinal claims about his supplements' alleged ability to cure the 2019–2020 strains of coronavirus, and the Federal Trade Commission and the Food and Drug Administration also sent a warning letter to Bakker about his claims regarding the supplements and coronavirus.[81][82]

Missouri attorney general Eric Schmitt and Arkansas attorney general Leslie Rutledge filed lawsuits against Bakker for allegedly pushing the supplements as a treatment for the virus.[83][84] In the State lawsuit against him, Bakker is represented by former Missouri governor Jay Nixon, who has argued for the suit to be dismissed. Nixon says that the allegations made in the lawsuit are false, stating: "Bakker is being unfairly targeted by those who want to crush his ministry and force his Christian television program off the air."[85]

In April 2020, prohibited from receiving credit card transactions, Bakker disclosed to his viewers that his ministry was on the brink of filing for bankruptcy and urgently petitioned them for donations.[86]

The following month, GEB America and World Harvest Television dropped Bakker's program from their networks after DirecTV owner AT&T asked channels to reconsider airing the show. AT&T made the request of its channels in response to a deplatforming campaign from the liberal Christian group Faithful America.[87][88]

On May 8, 2020, Lori Bakker announced that Jim Bakker had suffered a stroke that his son Jay described as “minor”. Lori stated that he would be taking a sabbatical from the program until he recovers. She blamed the stroke on Bakker's hard work on his show and wrote that he had described the criticism against him as “the most vicious attack that he has ever experienced”.[88] Bakker returned to his program for the first time following his stroke on July 8, 2020.[89]

On June 23, 2021, Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt announced the settlement of the state's lawsuit against Bakker. Bakker and Morningside Church would be prohibited from saying silver solution could "diagnose, prevent, mitigate, treat, or cure any disease or illness". Restitution of about $157,000 would also be paid to those who bought silver solution between February 12, 2020, and March 10, 2020.[90]
        Wow, you think I believed that?

What’s absolutely certain is that his audience are authentic Christians who’d boldly proclaim their theism.

Comment

Wow, you think I believed that?
          You posted it, not me.

What’s absolutely certain is that his audience are authentic Christians who’d boldly proclaim their theism.
          Because you have interviewed every one of his audience members.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Dang. I had hoped maybe jail time had straightened him out. Apparently not. Still a snake oil salesman and conman.
            He wasn’t getting his jollies in prison but actively studying the word of God:

Pastor Jim is considered to be one of today’s experts on the Book of Revelation.

How dare you libel a man with the mental alacrity to understand John’s received vision.

Comment

You posted it, not me.

Because you have interviewed every one of his audience members.
              As you’d guess, atheists who support Christian ministries like this…

Hosts Jim and Lori Bakker welcome amazing Biblical teachers and prophets to explore and challenge your heart, mind and spirit as they examine the world TODAY, and God’s loving promises! How do we prepare for what is to come? What does God tell us about our future? What is YOUR calling during these times? Join us as we discover the next supernatural piece of the puzzle!

…are relatively rare unless they’re rich and doing it as a goof.

Comment

As you’d guess, atheists who support Christian ministries like this…

Hosts Jim and Lori Bakker welcome amazing Biblical teachers and prophets to explore and challenge your heart, mind and spirit as they examine the world TODAY, and God’s loving promises! How do we prepare for what is to come? What does God tell us about our future? What is YOUR calling during these times? Join us as we discover the next supernatural piece of the puzzle!

…are relatively rare unless they’re rich and doing it as a goof.
                Whatever you say, whag.

Comment

He wasn’t getting his jollies in prison but actively studying the word of God:

Pastor Jim is considered to be one of today’s experts on the Book of Revelation.

How dare you libel a man with the mental alacrity to understand John’s received vision.
                  Being an expert on Revelation doesn't preclude him being a conman who uses religion to enrich himself at the expense of others.

Comment

Being an expert on Revelation doesn't preclude him being a conman who uses religion to enrich himself at the expense of others.
                    No doubt. I just think it’s funny when anyone considers himself an expert on a reported vision that even Martin Luther didn’t understand.

Comment

No doubt. I just think it’s funny when anyone considers himself an expert on a reported vision that even Martin Luther didn’t understand.
                      True. I don't think anyone ever accused Jim Bakker of being humble though.

Comment

I'd love to see any credible scholar on Revelation declare that Bakker is an expert.

Comment

I'd love to see any credible scholar on Revelation declare that Bakker is an expert.
                          Given your admitted aversion to Christian eschatology, you wouldn’t know how to determine experts from amateurs on Revelation.

Comment

Given your admitted aversion to Christian eschatology,
                            My WHAT?!?!?!?

you wouldn’t know how to determine experts from amateurs on Revelation.
                            You stole JimL's Bong?

Comment