Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The bird with the T. rex head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

No difference. You are assuming your view is correct and have issues with anyone who dares disagree because they are "invariably false/wrong." That's not how science works Lurch.
    Ok, how about this then: all the arguments I'm familiar with are false/wrong. I cannot rule out someone coming up with an argument that's consistent with evidence in the future. But they've had many years to do so and they haven't managed, so my expectations are it won't happen.

I would have hoped that was implicit in what I was saying, but apparently not.
    "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
      Ok, how about this then: all the arguments I'm familiar with are false/wrong. I cannot rule out someone coming up with an argument that's consistent with evidence in the future. But they've had many years to do so and they haven't managed, so my expectations are it won't happen.

I would have hoped that was implicit in what I was saying, but apparently not.
      I am just messing with you. Mostly. Thus the winky emoji in my first post.

Comment

Meaning he was serious when he called me a heretic.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The cosmic egg is the pop narrative of creation, and this new information threatens it's integrity. It's not new to people who have integrated with it, but there are millions of Christians in the world that would believe that all this fossil evidence was planted by the devil.

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post

The cosmic egg is the pop narrative of creation, and this new information threatens it's integrity. It's not new to people who have integrated with it, but there are millions of Christians in the world that would believe that all this fossil evidence was planted by the devil.
            Googled "cosmic egg." Now I'll have to put in an order for eye bleach.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

It's a reference to a book : The Crack in the Cosmic Egg

I've read it about 5 times.

Comment

Fossil were either planted by the devil to trick us or by God to test us was something you heard back in the 18th century, and pretty much flies in the face that God's creation can be observed to gain some sort of understanding about Him.

Basically, God has shown Himself to all men through His creation so that men are without excuse in rejecting God.

Scripture Verse: Romans 1:20

Ever since the creation of the world his invisible nature, namely his eternal power and deity, has been clearly perceived in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse

© Copyright Original Source

Further, we can read that "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge" (Psalm 19:1-2). Job says that the creatures of the earth, and the earth itself, declares that all creation is the work of God (12:7-10). The psalmist also declares that, "truth springs from the earth." (85:11), and that "the word of the Lord is upright; and all his work is done in faithfulness" (33:4). Finally, the Psalmist tells us that the universe declares God’s righteousness (Psalm 50:6; 97:6). The Bible says that God does not lie to us (Numbers 23:19; Titus 1:2; Hebrews 6:18). Therefore, from the Bible, we can conclude that God does not lie or deceive, either from His word or from His record in nature.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Sorry, just me being humor impaired due to a bad night's sleep.
                  "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

roguetech continues to offer a Tweb member's discount (largely because we are a major reason here for needing it).

Eye-bleach.jpg

Comment

More J dubness for ya!

heaven.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        roguetech continues to offer a Tweb member's discount (largely because we are a major reason here for needing it).

Eye-bleach.jpg
                        That says "Johnson's" not "roguetech's"

Comment

That says "Johnson's" not "roguetech's"
                          roguetech has many shell corporations to avoid law suits affiliates and subsidiaries.

Comment

I'm sure he'll come up with a clever explanation for that.

Comment

I'm sure he'll come up with a clever explanation for that.
                              'cause rogues, if nothing else, be clever. smiley smug.gif

Actually, a very simple prosaic answer. It's a subsidiary. Kind of like how Instagram is owned by Facebook and YouTube is owned by Google.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                'cause rogues, if nothing else, be clever. smiley smug.gif

Actually, a very simple prosaic answer. It's a subsidiary. Kind of like how Instagram is owned by Facebook and YouTube is owned by Google.
                                Isn't Johnson the same company that made the covid vaccine that was causing heart attacks? Hmmm?

Comment