Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Anti-Vaxx 101 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoic
    replied
    Originally posted by Seeker View Post
    What is the justification for closing bars and restaurants and yet leaving buses and subways absolutely crowed with people wearing masks? Are not the buses/subways more dangerous anyway, even with masks?
    Closing bars and restaurants means that the virus will spread more slowly, so that the people who have no choice but to take buses/subways to work will be less likely to contract the virus there, as fewer of their fellow riders will be infected, and thus able to pass the virus on to them.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    What if we "only" put a trace of strychnine in glasses of water and gave them to 100 people, but "only" half of them felt any effect?
    Why would we do that?

Leave a comment:

• TheLurch
    replied
    Originally posted by Seeker View Post
    What is the justification for closing bars and restaurants and yet leaving buses and subways absolutely crowed with people wearing masks? Are not the buses/subways more dangerous anyway, even with masks?
    I can't speak for all locations, but NYC has a wide variety of jobs - healthcare staff, supermarket employees, sanitation workers, etc. - that were considered essential, and continued during any lockdowns. Those people needed to be able to get to their essential jobs, and public transit was often the only way for them to do so.

Leave a comment:

• Seeker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheLurch
    replied
    Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Dr. Campbell -- Viral transmission not tested in Pfizer trials

First, I'm going to note that you're not even bothering to respond to the fact that one of the sources you're promoting can't even seem to read and/or understand the text under a graph.

In any case, no, the clinical trials of the vaccines did not focus on transmission; it focused on mortality and severe health consequences, because those are easy to measure objectively, and were the consequences that we most wanted to avoid. Transmission depends on exposure of other people, which is extremely difficult to measure objectively, hard to track, extremely expensive given all the PCR tests that had to be done, and relies on the assumption that the vaccinated individual was the only source of exposure for other people. So no, it wasn't tracked, the Pharma companies didn't claim they were in the documents they submitted to regulators, and the regulators discussed this openly in public hearings.

So why are you treating it like a revelation?

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    What if we "only" put a trace of strychnine in glasses of water and gave them to 100 people, but "only" half of them felt any effect?

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Just got my updated COVID booster (the bivalent one with Omicron). That makes 5 so far and I am still not dead. I figure I will have to keep getting the boosters regularly just like I do flu and pneumonia shots.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic
    replied
    Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Dr. Campbell -- Vax RNA in breast milk --
    Trace amounts, only detected in half the subjects, and only in the first 48 hours after vaccination.

Leave a comment:

• NorrinRadd
    replied
    Dr. Campbell -- Vax RNA in breast milk --

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Citing a bogus source and yes selectively quote mining.
    You obviously aren't following along. I quoted Roy in full context - isolated one comment that he made and responded to it, because it was a dumb comment. If it was mined then there would be no full text in the post, no full context, and if that was "quote mined" then half the posts on TWEB would also qualify.

Leave a comment:

• NorrinRadd
    replied
    Dr. Campbell -- Viral transmission not tested in Pfizer trials

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post

It's not quote mining as I included your comment in the quote box.
    Citing a bogus source and yes selectively quote mining.

Leave a comment:

• Roy
    replied
    So it was open-cast quote mining.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Originally posted by Roy View Post
    If the Pfizer CEO only says he took the vaccine, then the argument that "the vaccine(s) don't work, since the Pzifer CEO got COVID-19 twice" collapses.

If your point relies on quote-mining, you should abandon it.

Leave a comment:

• Roy
    replied
    There's a lot of problems with that. He says he took the vaccine? Could be a publicity/sales stunt and he didn't take it.
    If the Pfizer CEO only says he took the vaccine, then the argument that "the vaccine(s) don't work, since the Pzifer CEO got COVID-19 twice" collapses.

"and (ii) is still alive" <- Was he supposed to immediately drop dead after the jab?
    If your point relies on quote-mining, you should abandon it.

Leave a comment: