Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Anti-Vaxx 101 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Cross-posting here as well as the "Delta Variant" thread because six of the 10 debunked myths fit this category.
    I believe the research on mask usage cited in you layman rag is flawed, because it did not effectively follow up on who wore masks and who did not out in public.

The following legitimate scientific journal and the articles cited gives a less biased scientific evaluation as to the effectiveness of mask wearing.

Source: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33431650/

An evidence review of face masks against COVID-19

Jeremy Howard1 2, Austin Huang3, Zhiyuan Li4, Zeynep Tufekci5, Vladimir Zdimal6, Helene-Mari van der Westhuizen7 8, Arne von Delft8 9, Amy Price10, Lex Fridman11, Lei-Han Tang12 13, Viola Tang14, Gregory L Watson15, Christina E Bax16, Reshama Shaikh17, Frederik Questier18, Danny Hernandez19, Larry F Chu10, Christina M Ramirez15, Anne W Rimoin20
    Affiliations expand

Free PMC articleAbstract

The science around the use of masks by the public to impede COVID-19 transmission is advancing rapidly. In this narrative review, we develop an analytical framework to examine mask usage, synthesizing the relevant literature to inform multiple areas: population impact, transmission characteristics, source control, wearer protection, sociological considerations, and implementation considerations. A primary route of transmission of COVID-19 is via respiratory particles, and it is known to be transmissible from presymptomatic, paucisymptomatic, and asymptomatic individuals. Reducing disease spread requires two things: limiting contacts of infected individuals via physical distancing and other measures and reducing the transmission probability per contact. The preponderance of evidence indicates that mask wearing reduces transmissibility per contact by reducing transmission of infected respiratory particles in both laboratory and clinical contexts. Public mask wearing is most effective at reducing spread of the virus when compliance is high. Given the current shortages of medical masks, we recommend the adoption of public cloth mask wearing, as an effective form of source control, in conjunction with existing hygiene, distancing, and contact tracing strategies. Because many respiratory particles become smaller due to evaporation, we recommend increasing focus on a previously overlooked aspect of mask usage: mask wearing by infectious people ("source control") with benefits at the population level, rather than only mask wearing by susceptible people, such as health care workers, with focus on individual outcomes. We recommend that public officials and governments strongly encourage the use of widespread face masks in public, including the use of appropriate regulation.

© Copyright Original Source

This research article cites other articles that support the effectiveness of mask wearing.

One research article in a New York Rag does not justify your anti-vaxxer agenda, and your opposition to masks. The rest of your ten little indians can be as easily shot down with citing good scientific research..
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 03-07-2023, 09:59 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Joe Biden is not competent to comment professionally concerning Covid-19or the vaccines.

Again No, addressed this long ago [with competent references] when some one {You?} proposed that the purpose of vaccines was to PREVENT infection. This has never been the case concerning Covid-19 vaccines.

Syoic gave a reasonable response to your questions in post #99..
      I never said the vaccines were ever intended to prevent infection, that would be Joe Biden.

I would agree Joe Biden is not competent to comment professionally on anything except plagarism

The CDC chief,Rochelle Walensky, on the other hand, falsely stated vaccinated people could not carry the virus and here statement had to be walked back.
      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
        False. When first introduced, the vaccines clearly reduced the chances of infection, and greatly reduced the likelihood of hospitalization or death. And for people who did get infected, the length of time they were contagious was reduced. So the vaccines had a significant impact on the spread of the virus.

The jabs helped with symptomatic cases of Covid. To claim they had "a significant impact on the spread of the virus" would entail the jabs prevented asymptomatic spread, which they patently did not as evidenced by the Texas Dems who spread Covid while avoiding their offical duties.

Win McNamee/Getty ImagesWashingtonCNN —
        Another Texas state House Democrat who traveled to Washington, DC, last week has tested positive for Covid-19, an official with the group told CNN on Monday evening, bringing the number of infected legislators to six.

The lawmakers are part of the group that left Texas, flying from Austin to Washington to break the state House’s quorum and block Republicans from passing a restrictive new voting law. Officials with the group told CNN that all of the lawmakers participating in the quorum break trip are fully vaccinated, including those who have tested positive for Covid-19.

Emphasis added

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Joe Biden is not competent
          Let's just stop right there.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Let's just stop right there.
            No. IT is only concerning this thread that he is not competent concerning the science of Covid-19 and Corona viruses.
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

I never said the vaccines were ever intended to prevent infection, that would be Joe Biden.

I would agree Joe Biden is not competent to comment professionally on anything except plagarism

The CDC chief,Rochelle Walensky, on the other hand, falsely stated vaccinated people could not carry the virus and here statement had to be walked back.
              No. IT is only concerning this thread that he is not competent concerning the science of Covid-19 and Corona viruses.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

The jabs helped with symptomatic cases of Covid. To claim they had "a significant impact on the spread of the virus" would entail the jabs prevented asymptomatic spread, which they patently did not as evidenced by the Texas Dems who spread Covid while avoiding their offical duties.

Win McNamee/Getty ImagesWashingtonCNN —
                Another Texas state House Democrat who traveled to Washington, DC, last week has tested positive for Covid-19, an official with the group told CNN on Monday evening, bringing the number of infected legislators to six.

The lawmakers are part of the group that left Texas, flying from Austin to Washington to break the state House’s quorum and block Republicans from passing a restrictive new voting law. Officials with the group told CNN that all of the lawmakers participating in the quorum break trip are fully vaccinated, including those who have tested positive for Covid-19.

Emphasis added

After Delta arrived, the vaccines did not help as much in preventing the spread of the virus. They still helped, for the reasons I gave about when they were first introduced, just not as much.

Comment

• UK Parliament presentation on mRNA Pfizer and Moderna experimental gene-therapy jabs. Risk/benefit analysis using gov't data. Actual data citations start around 5:30 into the 24 minutes.

There is no group for whom the benefit is greater than the risk, and only in the group at highest risk for serious Covid consequences does the benefit of the jab equal the risk.

Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment