Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Anti-Vaxx 101 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

So everyone who said the COVID jab prevented transmission or asymptomatic spread are "anti-vaxxers"?
    No, addressed this long ago when some one {You?} proposed that the purpose of vaccines was to PREVENT infection. This has never been the case concerning Covid-19 vaccines.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Poke . . . poke . . . Even this is based on misinformation concerning Covid-19 and vaccines.
      No it isn't and I'd appreciate it if you keep your lies about me to yourself.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

At best the jabs reduced the severity of symptoms. Even the earliest literature said asymptotic transmission had to be ruled out. As the Texas Dems showed, getting the jab created a false sense of security which lead to them taking the virus on tour in DC. There are reports that multiple boosters are impacting immune systems. If anything, COVID proved modern life is not necessarily healthier than life in Africa.

Iirc, even Pfizer idiots conceded squires immunity was better than the shots. Of course, the CDC and FDA are failed institutions and are captured by Pfizer at this point.

The current strains are relatively mild ( barring idiots trying to make super-COVID by combined the earlier severe strain with less severe but more infections strains).
        What is it about moving into a world where there are conspiracies everywhere that causes people to lose the ability to spell?
        "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post

What is it about moving into a world where there are conspiracies everywhere that causes people to lose the ability to spell?
          Or just my brain goes faster than my fingers, ridiculously faster. So instead of actually rebutting what I said, you chose to address my spelling, why?
          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

No, addressed this long ago when some one {You?} proposed that the purpose of vaccines was to PREVENT infection. This has never been the case concerning Covid-19 vaccines.
            Here is Joe Biden spreading misinformation about the Covid vaccine that if you have the shots, you're not going to get Covid.
            P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
              False. When first introduced, the vaccines clearly reduced the chances of infection, and greatly reduced the likelihood of hospitalization or death. And for people who did get infected, the length of time they were contagious was reduced. So the vaccines had a significant impact on the spread of the virus.

There is no way to determine breakthrough rate and thus no way to determine the actual reduction of infection as one could be infected and asymptomatic and not get tested. In Oct 2021, there was found no significant viral load difference for vaccinated/unvaccinated with Delta. Reducing the spread of the virus or chances of infection =/= reducing the severity of infection.

From Dec 2020

These data do not address whether vaccination prevents asymptomatic infection

Any and all claims about prevention of infection by the jab was, by definition, misinformation. The study itself only tracked symptomatic Covid cases and for only 2 months after the second shot at the time of the data.

And there are still about 500 Americans a day dying of covid.
              Or dying with but not of Covid or dying with Covid and a comorbidity. If we followed the CDC's logic, George Floyd should rightfully be considered a Covid death as a knee on the neck certainly would be a comorbidity. Of course, the larger issue is the US govt funding Chinese coronavirus research. Funny enough, the US govt started funding a possible Covid treatment in May 2019. Why would there be a pilot program for a Covid treatment before, in all likelihood, Covid escaped from the Wuhan lab?
              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

7b2d87.jpg

One day, maybe, we'll get the actual numbers.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Or just my brain goes faster than my fingers, ridiculously faster. So instead of actually rebutting what I said, you chose to address my spelling, why?
                  I didn't address your spelling; it fit a larger pattern that I find curious, so I asked about it.

I can't "refute" some of what you said because it's not coherent enough. But, since you asked, I'll go through things point by point:

At best the jabs reduced the severity of symptoms.
                  if by "reduced the severity so much that far fewer people died", then that's partially true.

But here's a description of a study that shows that the vaccines reduced infection by delta, which is highly infectious and not the strain they were designed against. It also notes that the numbers on reducing infectivity weren't statistically robust, but they "raise concern that the effect of vaccination on reducing transmission might be lower for the delta variant." Which indicates that, prior to delta, they did reduce transmission.

Even the earliest literature said asymptotic transmission had to be ruled out.
                  I have no idea what this means in the context.

There are reports that multiple boosters are impacting immune systems.
                  Yes, they impact immune systems by restoring a greater degree of protection from severe illness and death - the data's clear on that.

Iirc, even Pfizer idiots conceded squires immunity was better than the shots.
                  Again, incoherent, because I have no idea what "Pfizer idiots" are, and I can only guess that "squires" meant "acquired"?

Of course, the CDC and FDA are failed institutions and are captured by Pfizer at this point.
                  And here we go into evidence-free conspiracies.

The current strains are relatively mild ( barring idiots trying to make super-COVID by combined the earlier severe strain with less severe but more infections strains).
                  They're highly infectious, and better able to evade the immune response generated by both vaccines and prior infections. They're killing thousands of people a month. I'm not sure what planet that's considered "mild" on. And I have no idea what you're referring to about making "super-COVID", but your description of what's being done is not a biologically rational way of making a more dangerous virus.

Comment

There is no way to determine breakthrough rate and thus no way to determine the actual reduction of infection as one could be infected and asymptomatic and not get tested. In Oct 2021, there was found no significant viral load difference for vaccinated/unvaccinated with Delta. Reducing the spread of the virus or chances of infection =/= reducing the severity of infection.
                    There is a difference in viral load between symptomatic and asymptomatic infections. Asymptomatic (as distinguished from presymptomatic) infections are rarely if ever passed on to others.

As for symptomatic infections, the peak viral load is similar for vaccinated/unvaccinated with Delta, but the viral load drops off much earlier for the vaccinated, which means they are infectious for a shorter period of time, and thus less likely to spread the virus.

From Dec 2020

These data do not address whether vaccination prevents asymptomatic infection

Any and all claims about prevention of infection by the jab was, by definition, misinformation. The study itself only tracked symptomatic Covid cases and for only 2 months after the second shot at the time of the data.
                    Claims that vaccinations reduced the likelihood of transmission were consistent with the data.

And claims that vaccinations would stop the virus in its tracks were consistent with how much the likelihood of transmission would be decreased, since the value of R would be much less than one.

Or dying with but not of Covid or dying with Covid and a comorbidity. If we followed the CDC's logic, George Floyd should rightfully be considered a Covid death as a knee on the neck certainly would be a comorbidity.
                    Only if a doctor was willing to say on the death certificate that in his best judgement, it was covid that killed George Floyd rather than a knee on his neck.

Of course, the larger issue is the US govt funding Chinese coronavirus research.
                    Research on deadly infectious diseases? Why even consider such a thing?!

Funny enough, the US govt started funding a possible Covid treatment in May 2019. Why would there be a pilot program for a Covid treatment before, in all likelihood, Covid escaped from the Wuhan lab?
                    Lucky for them the WHO later gave the disease the name they had already been using, eh?

More plausible is that the "amended research plan" means that they were going to study the use of RTB101 for something else (like Clinically Symptomatic Respiratory Illness, perhaps), and later decided to study it as covid-19 prophylaxis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Here is Joe Biden spreading misinformation about the Covid vaccine that if you have the shots, you're not going to get Covid.
                      Joe Biden is not competent to comment professionally concerning Covid-19or the vaccines.

Again No, addressed this long ago [with competent references] when some one {You?} proposed that the purpose of vaccines was to PREVENT infection. This has never been the case concerning Covid-19 vaccines.

Syoic gave a reasonable response to your questions in post #99..
                      Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-14-2023, 02:59 PM.
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

• Cross-posting here as well as the "Delta Variant" thread because six of the 10 debunked myths fit this category.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                          Cross-posting here as well as the "Delta Variant" thread because six of the 10 debunked myths fit this category.
                          Please cite science sources and NOT Yellow journalism New York rag loaded with selective misinformation to justify your anti-Vaxx and anti-science agenda.
                          Last edited by shunyadragon; 03-01-2023, 10:15 PM.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Please cite science sources and NOT Yellow journalism New York rag loaded with selective misinformation to justify your anti-Vaxx and anti-science agenda.
                            Dr. Makary cites the sources in his article, you amoeba-brained blithering buffoon.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Dr. Makary cites the sources in his article, you amoeba-brained blithering buffoon.
                              So what? They are selective misinformation about the pandemic. One selective citation wedged in misinformation of a New York Rag is NOT the science.

Frank

Comment

Cross-posting here as well as the "Delta Variant" thread because six of the 10 debunked myths fit this category.
                                Just out of curiosity, did you bother to check how many of his 10 claims were accurate before posting this? Or did you just like what he said so you decided to post it.

Comment