Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Anti-Vaxx 101 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Well, when I got childhood vaccines they basically protected me from those illnesses. That's what a vaccine should do. I never caught chicken pox, measles, polio, small pox (etc.) and I credit the vaccines to that (in part).
    You are comparing apples with oranges. Some diseases (like the flu or covid) mutate faster and/or are less accessible to the adaptive immune system in their initial stages. It's why vaccines AND previous infection only offer protection for a limited time. Vaccines are not drugs, they don't interact with pathogens and are out of the body in a couple of weeks at most. It's also why it's silly to worry about "long term effects" from the vaccine. Any negative side effects will be triggered in a short time after vaccination (usually after your second shot).
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Previous mass-vax programs were halted for lower incidence of adverse effects than are documented with the mRNA jabs.

FDA and Pfizer are withholding important data.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post

You are comparing apples with oranges. Some diseases (like the flu or covid) mutate faster and/or are less accessible to the adaptive immune system in their initial stages. It's why vaccines AND previous infection only offer protection for a limited time.
        True enough - Covid vaccine is more like a tetanus shot. Even vaccines against measles and mumps are not 100% effective for all people.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Previous mass-vax programs were halted for lower incidence of adverse effects than are documented with the mRNA jabs.

FDA and Pfizer are withholding important data.
          You know, it would be really nice if you summarized the contents of the videos you keep posting, including the evidence in them. Otherwise, you're basically forcing the rest of us to watch every video you post if we want to take part in a conversation, which is pretty rude.

"Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Interview with immunologist Dr. Robert Clancy.

My lay summary of several points:

-- mRNA vaxes not shown to be more effective than traditional "mushed up antigen" vaxes.

-- No way to control or predict distribution of antigens throughout body.

-- Phospholipid coating of mRNA vaxes mean they can penetrate any cells, and cause any cells to express antigens on their surfaces, making cells throughout the body targets of immune response.

-- No way to predict or control amount of antigens produced, so no way to predict where immune response will fall on the tolerance-immunity-tolerance "bell" distribution curve.

-- No way to ensure reverse transcriptase will convert the mRNA into DNA, potentially leading to new cancers. (That one was only mentioned briefly, so I may have butchered it more than the others).

-- Diminished returns from repeated "boosters."

-- "Mucosal" infections like Covid generate different T-cell response compared to, e.g., measles, so vaxes have to be approached differently.

Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
              You know, it would be really nice if you summarized the contents of the videos you keep posting, including the evidence in them. Otherwise, you're basically forcing the rest of us to watch every video you post if we want to take part in a conversation, which is pretty rude.
              I think anti-vaxxers like to use video specifically because it takes more time and effort to debunk it.

That and the fact that it's the main way their preferred audience gets information.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I think anti-vaxxers like to use video specifically because it takes more time and effort to debunk it.

That and the fact that it's the main way their preferred audience gets information.
                If I were in charge, all informational videos posted online would have transcripts or at least time-stamped summaries.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Sorry, haven't really looked into the flu shot. I started getting them after a combination of things: hitting 50 and having a really unpleasant infection a few years back. But that's anecdote, and I haven't really looked into the data behind the current recommendations.
                  That's ok, thanks for answering me and being honest about it, too. I guess one person cannot know all the issues...

But it was worth the shot. Thanks again, and sorry for my late response, too. I haven't really been posting on TWeb that much lately; I mostly just "lurk" around here, and now even THAT'S rare.

Comment

Y'know, the term "anti-vaxxer" used to mean something specific. I'm not anti-vax. I'm anti THIS vax for me. You can feel free to poke away, but I've had COVID twice now and pulled through just fine both times.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      Y'know, the term "anti-vaxxer" used to mean something specific. I'm not anti-vax. I'm anti THIS vax for me. You can feel free to poke away, but I've had COVID twice now and pulled through just fine both times.
                      As far as I'm concerned, "anti-vaxxers" are people who spread misinformation about vaccines, whether specific vaccines or vaccines in general. The decision on whether to get yourself vaccinated is a separate matter.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, "anti-vaxxers" are people who spread misinformation about vaccines, whether specific vaccines or vaccines in general. The decision on whether to get yourself vaccinated is a separate matter.
                        So everyone who said the COVID jab prevented transmission or asymptomatic spread are "anti-vaxxers"?
                        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

So everyone who said the COVID jab prevented transmission or asymptomatic spread are "anti-vaxxers"?
                          Well, the vaccines never prevented transmission; at the time they were introduced, they significantly reduced transmission (presumably both from symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals). So there was a time that stating that was accurate. But the virus has evolved, clear that this effect was either greatly reduced or eliminated. Now, in the complicated landscape where populations have complicated mixtures of vaccines, boosts, and past infections, and multiple strains of virus are rapidly evolving, it's hard to even design studies that could potentially test this.

So, the short version is: whether or not it was misinformation depends when they said it, and their precise phrasing.
                          "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Well, the vaccines never prevented transmission; at the time they were introduced, they significantly reduced transmission (presumably both from symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals). So there was a time that stating that was accurate. But the virus has evolved, clear that this effect was either greatly reduced or eliminated. Now, in the complicated landscape where populations have complicated mixtures of vaccines, boosts, and past infections, and multiple strains of virus are rapidly evolving, it's hard to even design studies that could potentially test this.

So, the short version is: whether or not it was misinformation depends when they said it, and their precise phrasing.
                            At best the jabs reduced the severity of symptoms. Even the earliest literature said asymptotic transmission had to be ruled out. As the Texas Dems showed, getting the jab created a false sense of security which lead to them taking the virus on tour in DC. There are reports that multiple boosters are impacting immune systems. If anything, COVID proved modern life is not necessarily healthier than life in Africa.

Iirc, even Pfizer idiots conceded squires immunity was better than the shots. Of course, the CDC and FDA are failed institutions and are captured by Pfizer at this point.

The current strains are relatively mild ( barring idiots trying to make super-COVID by combined the earlier severe strain with less severe but more infections strains).
                            P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
                              At best the jabs reduced the severity of symptoms.
                              False. When first introduced, the vaccines clearly reduced the chances of infection, and greatly reduced the likelihood of hospitalization or death. And for people who did get infected, the length of time they were contagious was reduced. So the vaccines had a significant impact on the spread of the virus.

When Delta came along, the reduction of the chance of infection was not as great, and it was reduced even more with succeeding variants. And over time, the effectiveness of the vaccine to prevent infection diminishes. But it appears that the protection against hospitalization and death persists.

Even the earliest literature said asymptotic transmission had to be ruled out. As the Texas Dems showed, getting the jab created a false sense of security which lead to them taking the virus on tour in DC. There are reports that multiple boosters are impacting immune systems. If anything, COVID proved modern life is not necessarily healthier than life in Africa.

Iirc, even Pfizer idiots conceded squires immunity was better than the shots. Of course, the CDC and FDA are failed institutions and are captured by Pfizer at this point.

The current strains are relatively mild ( barring idiots trying to make super-COVID by combined the earlier severe strain with less severe but more infections strains).
                              We don't really know that the current strains are milder. It may be that most people being either vaccinated or previously infected is the difference. And there are still about 500 Americans a day dying of covid.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Poke . . . poke . . . Even this is based on misinformation concerning Covid-19 and vaccines.
                                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment