Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Anti-Vaxx 101 Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Thanks. And what studies have been done to show that the mRNA in these "vaccines" will do no harm. To anyone, let alone very young children?

    And, I got bored with this thread a long time ago, and likely won't be posting in it anymore. I only came in to respond to Stoic who couldn't figure out my post all on his own self.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Thanks. And what studies have been done to show that the mRNA in these "vaccines" will do no harm. To anyone, let alone very young children?

      And, I got bored with this thread a long time ago, and likely won't be posting in it anymore. I only came in to respond to Stoic who couldn't figure out my post all on his own self.
      Well, they wen't approved for use without safety and efficacy studies. These track anything bad that happens following vaccinations, including things that are obviously unrelated to the vaccine (one of the early submission for one of the mRNA vaccines included notes about one subject who'd been struck by lightning). Follow up reporting is also tracked, which is how they've identified and evaluated two side effects that are largely specific to some groups, but are so rare they didn't show up in safety testing*. So far, there's been no indication of issues in children. In fact, children seemed to have a lower response to the vaccine in general, and they had to tweak the dosing before they could find an effective one.

      So, in short, good sized safety tests prior to use in the public, and constant tracking of potential issues following use by the public.


      * that's transient myocarditis that primarily effects young males (and does so less frequently than COVID causes myocarditis), and a more serious blood clotting issue that largely affects women.
      "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
        Well, they wen't approved for use without safety and efficacy studies. These track anything bad that happens following vaccinations, including things that are obviously unrelated to the vaccine (one of the early submission for one of the mRNA vaccines included notes about one subject who'd been struck by lightning). Follow up reporting is also tracked, which is how they've identified and evaluated two side effects that are largely specific to some groups, but are so rare they didn't show up in safety testing*. So far, there's been no indication of issues in children. In fact, children seemed to have a lower response to the vaccine in general, and they had to tweak the dosing before they could find an effective one.

        So, in short, good sized safety tests prior to use in the public, and constant tracking of potential issues following use by the public.


        * that's transient myocarditis that primarily effects young males (and does so less frequently than COVID causes myocarditis), and a more serious blood clotting issue that largely affects women.
        Thanks. So, safety and efficacy studies were done, just like the ones done for the bivalent "vaccine" that's rolling out now? The one Fauci admitted that no clinical trials were done because the need was there to get it out quickly?

        Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to explain some stuff to me. I'm gone now.


        Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          It was your usage of the word "only" I was trying to highlight.
          I used the word "only" because trace amounts of vaccine mRNA will likely do a lot less than a vaccination dose, and a vaccination dose tends to be much less harmful than being infected with the virus.

          At least we know what strychnine does. Nobody knows what traces of mRNA might do down the road to a very small child.
          Very likely nothing, and what little risk there is can be mediated by the woman avoiding breastfeeding for a few days.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by mossrose View Post

            Thanks. So, safety and efficacy studies were done, just like the ones done for the bivalent "vaccine" that's rolling out now? The one Fauci admitted that no clinical trials were done because the need was there to get it out quickly?
            Could you find me a source for that Fauci quote? Because that's now what the FDA is saying:
            "The clinical study that evaluated the safety of a booster dose of the bivalent vaccine (original and omicron BA.1) included approximately 800 participants 18 years of age and older who had previously received a two dose primary series and one booster dose of the monovalent Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, and then at least 3 months later, received a second booster dose with either the monovalent Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine or Moderna’s investigational bivalent COVID-19 vaccine (original and omicron BA.1). "
            "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
              Could you find me a source for that Fauci quote? Because that's now what the FDA is saying:
              "The clinical study that evaluated the safety of a booster dose of the bivalent vaccine (original and omicron BA.1) included approximately 800 participants 18 years of age and older who had previously received a two dose primary series and one booster dose of the monovalent Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, and then at least 3 months later, received a second booster dose with either the monovalent Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine or Moderna’s investigational bivalent COVID-19 vaccine (original and omicron BA.1). "
              https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360011

              Dr. Fauci: 'Not enough time' to conduct human trials on Omicron vaccine

              New COVID vaccine was only tested for current variants on eight mice.

              Although the FDA has authorized the use of the Pfizer and Moderna "Omicron-specific" vaccines (which include components targeting both the Omicron and the original, Wuhan strain of the virus), there are no human clinical data available to support the vaccines' efficacy or safety, Dr. Anthony Fauci has stated.

              According to Dr. Fauci, there "wasn't enough time" to conduct normal clinical trials, as Omicron is still spreading and taking lives.

              Human data are available for the BA.1 subvariant of SARS-CoV-2. However, for the now-predominant BA.4 and BA.5 variants, only animal data from a small number of mice (eight) are available, and all the mice in the trial, both in the trial and in the control cohort, contracted COVID-19 during the study.

              However, the mice were said to have had an "increased response" to the Omicron variants tested.

              The new bivalent vaccines, like the original vaccines did at first, only have an emergency use authorization, which is given by the FDA in cases where there is an absence of any other effective treatment for a dangerous disease.




              Video in the link.


              Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
                Could you find me a source for that Fauci quote? Because that's now what the FDA is saying:
                "The clinical study that evaluated the safety of a booster dose of the bivalent vaccine (original and omicron BA.1) included approximately 800 participants 18 years of age and older who had previously received a two dose primary series and one booster dose of the monovalent Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, and then at least 3 months later, received a second booster dose with either the monovalent Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine or Moderna’s investigational bivalent COVID-19 vaccine (original and omicron BA.1). "
                The bivalent vaccine in that clinical study (original and omicron BA.1) is not the bivalent vaccine that was authorized (original and BA.4/BA.5).

                From your source:

                • The authorized bivalent COVID-19 vaccines, or updated boosters, include an mRNA component of the original strain to provide an immune response that is broadly protective against COVID-19 and an mRNA component in common between the omicron variant BA.4 and BA.5 lineages to provide better protection against COVID-19 caused by the omicron variant.

                • For each bivalent COVID-19 vaccine, the FDA based its decision on the totality of available evidence, including extensive safety and effectiveness data for each of the monovalent mRNA COVID-19 vaccines, safety and immunogenicity data obtained from a clinical study of a bivalent COVID-19 vaccine that contained mRNA from omicron variant BA.1 lineage that is similar to each of the vaccines being authorized, and nonclinical data obtained using a bivalent COVID-19 vaccine that contained mRNA of the original strain and mRNA in common between the BA.4 and BA.5 lineages of the omicron variant.



                That doesn't mean that there are no clinical trials for the authorized bivalent vaccines; just that they were authorized before the data from those trials was available.


                "In an effort to get ahead of the rapidly-changing coronavirus, the agency approved these bivalent boosters before data from clinical trials in people is available.

                Data from Moderna’s clinical trial of its bivalent BA.4/5 booster is expected in October, and data from Pfizer-BioNTech’s clinical trial of its bivalent BA.4/5 booster later this autumn, reports Reuters."

                source

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  Video in the link.
                  Thanks - that's interesting. Wondering if he flubbed his statement, or the FDA simply decided to do something different without telling him.
                  "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Stoic View Post

                    The bivalent vaccine in that clinical study (original and omicron BA.1) is not the bivalent vaccine that was authorized (original and BA.4/BA.5).
                    Ah, thanks for clarifying.
                    "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Not that anyone *cares* or anything like that, but I took my third Covid shot a few days ago, and the fourth is scheduled for March or April 2023, I think.

                      I was quite "late" In getting my third shot, though.
                      Last edited by Seeker; 11-20-2022, 05:04 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Seeker View Post
                        Not that anyone *cares* or anything like that, but I took my third Covid shot a few days ago, and the fourth is scheduled for March or April 2023, I think.

                        I was quite "late" In getting my third shot, though.
                        They recommend waiting 3 months since an infection before getting a booster, and I'm still in that period, but looking forward to when I can get the bivalent version. Data on it look pretty good from what I've read.
                        "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Portion of debate in UK Parliment.

                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

                          Beige Federalist.

                          Nationalist Christian.

                          "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

                          Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

                          Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

                          Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

                          Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

                          Justice for Matthew Perna!

                          Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                            Portion of debate in UK Parliment.]
                            Still not going to comment about how one of your primary sources can't even read a graph?
                            "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              NorrinRadd posted this in another topic a few days ago (see https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...52#post1429952), but as his message noted it was apparently supposed to go here, so I'll just post it here:
                              Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                              Can't find the Official Anti-Vax Thread, or whatever it's called, so dropping this here.

                              It's via Rob Malone, but it's from Phinance Technologies, talking about their research and analysis of excess deaths and disabilities correlating with widespread mRNA jabbing. "The Dilemma of the Vaccinated."
                              Admittedly, it seems he did find this topic afterwards... but as that wasn't posted here, I figured I might as well do it for him (not sure if replies should go here or in the original topic--I guess they could be put in both).

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                                NorrinRadd posted this in another topic a few days ago (see https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...52#post1429952), but as his message noted it was apparently supposed to go here, so I'll just post it here:
                                Admittedly, it seems he did find this topic afterwards... but as that wasn't posted here, I figured I might as well do it for him (not sure if replies should go here or in the original topic--I guess they could be put in both).
                                Thanks. I "found" this thread when somebody else posted and bumped it back into view. I was going to copy that post here.
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

                                Beige Federalist.

                                Nationalist Christian.

                                "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

                                Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

                                Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

                                Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

                                Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

                                Justice for Matthew Perna!

                                Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by TheLurch, 11-25-2022, 04:39 PM
                                0 responses
                                18 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post TheLurch  
                                Started by rogue06, 11-10-2022, 11:36 AM
                                0 responses
                                12 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by Teallaura, 10-26-2022, 11:36 PM
                                17 responses
                                153 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post TheLurch  
                                Started by Seeker, 10-09-2022, 09:33 AM
                                62 responses
                                531 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NorrinRadd  
                                Started by rogue06, 01-18-2020, 10:23 AM
                                86 responses
                                8,694 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Working...
                                X