Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Pandemic timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pandemic timeline

The official CDC timeline says the first known cases worldwide were in Wuhan, 12/12/19, and the first lab-confirmed U.S. case was 1/20/20. Fine, that much we've always heard.

Sometime in 2020, there were a few questions about this, because supposedly some blood samples from late 2019 here in the U.S. showed signs of Covid exposure, which would mean it was here but unrecognized months earlier.

Has anyone heard anything further on that?
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

I haven't heard anything about that result, but all indications are still that late 2019 in Wuhan is still where things kicked off. A good summary on the state of things earlier this year:
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00584-8

Note that this links to a number of preprint manuscripts that were in peer review at the time; those have subsequently cleared that hurdle and been formally published. If you'd like the peer reviewed literature instead of a summary, I'd recommend:
    https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abp8715
    and
    https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abp8337
    "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
      The official CDC timeline says the first known cases worldwide were in Wuhan, 12/12/19, and the first lab-confirmed U.S. case was 1/20/20. Fine, that much we've always heard.

Sometime in 2020, there were a few questions about this, because supposedly some blood samples from late 2019 here in the U.S. showed signs of Covid exposure, which would mean it was here but unrecognized months earlier.

Only in rumors and unfounded claims. I have not heard of these; "supposedly some blood samples from late 2019 here in the U.S. showed signs of Covid exposure."
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

There was a study that looked at antibodies for the virus in blood samples taken at around the beginning of the pandemic, which seemed to show that some people in the US were infected in December 2019. The study isn't definitive, because of the possibility of false positives.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...-infections-us

Comment