Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Potential Evidence of Inflationary Big Bang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of some sort or other, I think.
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
      Depends on how limited you want to view this 'research'. Hawking thinks that this particular observation might still be confirmed. Science rarely issues the final word, not least of which on a subject as broad and far reaching as origins of the universe.
      I believe the Hawking statements were before the final analysis of the gravity wave research results. I was referring to the gravity wave research, which is the subject of this thread is final and does not offer evidence for a Big Bang, and does not eliminate all the possible research in to different models concerning the origins of our universe. This present research pretty much concludes that the gravity waves detected are insufficient to justify evidence of a Big Bang.

There are many models concerning the origins of our universe that involve the presently observed evidence of an expanding universe as JimL noted. There are many that do not involve a Big Bang start from whatever. The conclusions do not eliminate any possibilities, but make some less likely then others. It remains an open question.

when I sai

As Jim stated there is other evidence
      Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-07-2015, 03:17 PM.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        when I sai

As Jim stated there is other evidence
        ???
        βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
        ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
          ???
          Ignore that part. It dripped down.
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            No seer, this is the same combative, negative view toward science you have always presented since you have been on Tweb. You reject science selectively to support your world view, and cling to a archaic Newtonian view of what 'actual physical evidence' is. This is your own 'Hamster wheel' act.
            Just so we are clear - there is no actual physical evidence for the multiverse theory. Just as Dr. Carroll stated.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Just so we are clear - there is no actual physical evidence for the multiverse theory. Just as Dr. Carroll stated.
              That's not what he said on Earth-2.
              Last edited by Duragizer; 02-07-2015, 07:12 PM.
              "When the Western world accepted Christianity, Caesar conquered; and the received text of Western theology was edited by his lawyers…. The brief Galilean vision of humility flickered throughout the ages, uncertainly…. But the deeper idolatry, of the fashioning of God in the image of the Egyptian, Persian, and Roman imperial rulers, was retained. The Church gave unto God the attributes which belonged exclusively to Caesar."

— Alfred North Whitehead

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                Dr. Carroll did not come to that conclusion as far as I know. Citation please?

Frank

Comment