Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Sodium-potassium batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sodium-potassium batteries

Which could replace lithium ion batteries, with a low-cost, environmentally friendly footprint.

Source: Tech Explorist

Scientists developed some new carbon electrode materials based on an ice-templating system in a new study. These materials are called aerogels, where cellulose nanocrystals are formed into a porous structure using ice crystals that are grown and then sublimated.

This leaves large channels that can carry the large sodium and potassium ions.

These new sodium and potassium ion batteries outperformed other comparable systems when tested.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Pass the bananas?

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Which could replace lithium ion batteries, with a low-cost, environmentally friendly footprint.

Source: Tech Explorist

Scientists developed some new carbon electrode materials based on an ice-templating system in a new study. These materials are called aerogels, where cellulose nanocrystals are formed into a porous structure using ice crystals that are grown and then sublimated.

This leaves large channels that can carry the large sodium and potassium ions.

These new sodium and potassium ion batteries outperformed other comparable systems when tested.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Pass the bananas?
    New technologies are being touted all the time. Some pan out, most don't.

Best to take their claims with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

New technologies are being touted all the time. Some pan out, most don't.

Best to take their claims with a grain of salt.
      I see what you did there!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment