Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

COVID experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID experience

Having covid sucks.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

I'm assuming your were vaxxed, but did you also have the booster?

Do you know which variant it is?

And of course ing for a speedy recovery.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      Having covid sucks.
      Yes it did. But once you recover, you'll be much better off.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        I'm assuming your were vaxxed, but did you also have the booster?
        Yes, but no. Not in time.
        Do you know which variant it is?
        No idea. No way of telling.

Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Personally, I've had worse colds. But no sickness is fun.

Comment

Marcus Lamb, head of Daystar, a large Christian network that discouraged vaccines, dies after getting covid-19
            Marcus Lamb, founder of the large Christian television network Daystar, died Tuesday after contracting the coronavirus. Lamb’s network during the pandemic has made the virus a huge focus, calling it a satanic attack that should not be treated with vaccines. He was 64 years old.

Daystar is the second-largest Christian TV network in the world, according to CBN News, a competitor, reaching 2 billion people worldwide. Its brand is a fluid, modern, charismatic faith, more about general good vs. evil, miraculous healings and religious freedom than any specific denominational theology.

During the pandemic, Lamb and his network went in big with anti-vaccine conspiracy claims, hosting daily interviews with skeptics who talked about alleged dangerous, hidden forces pushing vaccines and stealing Christians’ freedoms. One section of a Daystar webpage titled “Vaccines: The Unauthorized Truth” begins: “What if the most dangerous thing your child could face in life is the very thing you’re told by your doctor is safe?”

Covid is a deadly disease. While I’m pleased to hear of successful recoveries, it’s inappropriate to let their voices negate the experience of the millions who can no longer speak of the contrary.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
              Marcus Lamb, head of Daystar, a large Christian network that discouraged vaccines, dies after getting covid-19
              Marcus Lamb, founder of the large Christian television network Daystar, died Tuesday after contracting the coronavirus. Lamb’s network during the pandemic has made the virus a huge focus, calling it a satanic attack that should not be treated with vaccines. He was 64 years old.

Daystar is the second-largest Christian TV network in the world, according to CBN News, a competitor, reaching 2 billion people worldwide. Its brand is a fluid, modern, charismatic faith, more about general good vs. evil, miraculous healings and religious freedom than any specific denominational theology.

During the pandemic, Lamb and his network went in big with anti-vaccine conspiracy claims, hosting daily interviews with skeptics who talked about alleged dangerous, hidden forces pushing vaccines and stealing Christians’ freedoms. One section of a Daystar webpage titled “Vaccines: The Unauthorized Truth” begins: “What if the most dangerous thing your child could face in life is the very thing you’re told by your doctor is safe?”

Covid is a deadly disease. While I’m pleased to hear of successful recoveries, it’s inappropriate to let their voices negate the experience of the millions who can no longer speak of the contrary.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Roy.
              That's really a red herring, J. Nothing to do with Roy and his covid experience.

For the record, I dislike Daystar. It's full of WoF crap and I for one have no time for any of that. But for you to bring it up here is completely disingenuous.

Roy, I hope you recover soon with no lasting issues.

Last edited by mossrose; 12-03-2021, 07:28 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Roy, praying for your recovery...

Blessings,
                Lee
                "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

That's really a red herring, J.
                  Immediately preceding my post was a suggestion that covid was less serious than a cold. This is akin to the covid denial message preached to millions by Daystar with tragic consequences, including to the recently departed network boss. Perhaps you’ve addressed the poster in private, but if not, allow me to suggest your pushback toward me was misdirected.

Similarly, you may wish to address the promotion of protection from a second infection by contracting a first infection, akin to “sink or swim.”

Great for the new swimmers, not so great for the rest.

Roy, I hope you recover soon with no lasting issues.

As do we all, Roy.

I got my booster, and encourage everyone who has been vaccinated to do the same. Once again, like both of the two previous shots, I was miserable for days and then I wasn’t. Roy’s chances for survival are enhanced by his choice to vaccinate, and negatively impacted by his inability to receive a booster.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Immediately preceding my post was a suggestion that covid was less serious than a cold. This is akin to the covid denial message preached to millions by Daystar with tragic consequences, including to the recently departed network boss. Perhaps you’ve addressed the poster in private, but if not, allow me to suggest your pushback toward me was misdirected.

Similarly, you may wish to address the promotion of protection from a second infection by contracting a first infection, akin to “sink or swim.”

Great for the new swimmers, not so great for the rest.
                    Immediately preceding your post was the expression of the personal experience of someone else. It doesn’t appear to me to be a blanket statement by someone who has not had covid. Perhaps I am in error about that, so Ronson can correct me as needed.

So for you to bring up a so-called Christian organization is simply, as I said, a red herring.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Immediately preceding your post was the expression of the personal experience of someone else. It doesn’t appear to me to be a blanket statement by someone who has not had covid. Perhaps I am in error about that, so Ronson can correct me as needed.

So for you to bring up a so-called Christian organization is simply, as I said, a red herring.
                      I didn't notice this until now, so forgive my tardiness.

All I said was my reaction to covid was less severe than some colds I've had. I wasn't making the statement for everyone.

But in all the hype that this hot-button virus gets, it is prudent to occasionally mention that not everyone dies from it, not everyone gets deathly ill from it, and not everyone even gets sick from it. Last I heard, it was 50% or so of infected people who have no symptoms at all.

Comment

Putting aside for one moment, the Christian or otherwise nature of Daystar, doesn't the death by covid of someone, with a huge worldwide following, and who decries it as nothing more than the works of Satan, strike you as amusingly ironic. I wonder how Daystar explained the absence of their mouthpiece to their 2 billion followers.

Roy, get well soon.
                        When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
                        - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
                        “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

Comment

Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus River View Post

Putting aside for one moment, the Christian or otherwise nature of Daystar, doesn't the death by covid of someone, with a huge worldwide following, and who decries it as nothing more than the works of Satan, strike you as amusingly ironic. I wonder how Daystar explained the absence of their mouthpiece to their 2 billion followers.

Roy, get well soon.
                            That is on the organization. I don’t like Daystar, I don’t watch Daystar, I stay as far away from Daystar as I can get.

And it strikes me as telling that you handwave the so-called "Christian" nature of Daystar, but then you promptly throw Satan in. Go figure.

A way, I’m not in this thread except to point out Juvenal's straw man, so you can all carry on.

Comment

1) The thread title is "Covid Experience" (which sounded like an invitation to share experiences)
                              2) The author wrote simply "Having Covid sucks"
                              3) I responded with "Personally, I've had worse colds. But no sickness is fun."
                              4) I was then accused of "suggesting" that covid is "less serious than a cold."

I'm not sure how that conclusion was drawn but it is clearly false. The end.

Comment