Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Discontinuous Fossil Record Refutes Darwinian Gradualism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groundhog Day again! Yay!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
      You should check paleontology journals and see how often new fossils species are described.
      I checked the last year of Paleontology Journal, and found about 18 new taxa in 78 articles. So how many fossil species have been discovered? Searching came up with this estimate: "The number of fossil species is not known accurately, but is in the same order of magnitude and may range between 60,000 (a conservative guess, Taylor & Lewis, 2007) and more than 100,000 species."

Blessings,
      Lee
      "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
        The subtext is that if species didn’t arise by evolution over billions of years, then they must have arisen all at once six thousand years ago. The idea is that if you shoot down the one, the other becomes true by default, a truly epic failure of reason and imagination.
        But there is a day-age interpretation of Genesis, where each day corresponds to an age. Note that the seventh day in Genesis is still continuing...

Blessings,
        Lee
        "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          And then there was this that I posted in September: Single Cells Can Evolve Into Multi-Cellular Organisms In Only Two Years
          But the question is average species longevity, which is certainly not 2 years!

Blessings,
          Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
            I checked the last year of Paleontology Journal, and found about 18 new taxa in 78 articles. So how many fossil species have been discovered? Searching came up with this estimate: "The number of fossil species is not known accurately, but is in the same order of magnitude and may range between 60,000 (a conservative guess, Taylor & Lewis, 2007) and more than 100,000 species."
            Gee, I wonder how many paleontology journals there are...
            "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
              Gee, I wonder how many paleontology journals there are...
              I was a bit surprised at how low Proceedings of the Royal Society B was.

And thanx for the link too

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

But the question is average species longevity, which is certainly not 2 years!

Blessings,
                Lee
                Thereisno legitimate question concerning the average(?) longevity of species concerning the validity pf the science of evolution
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Blessings,
                  Lee
                  In terms of evolution you have to include multiple related species, subspecies and varieties living at the same time and evolving over time. These numbers are not meaningful/
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment