Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Time doesn't work the same in both directions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time doesn't work the same in both directions

Usually, if you reverse time, you get back to where you started from, but not in the case of a new form of matter!

Source: phys.org

If one inverts time direction, the fundamental laws of physics still hold. That also holds for typical superconductors: if the arrow of time is reversed, a typical superconductor would still be the same superconducting state.

"However, in the case of a four-fermion condensate that we report, the time reversal puts it in a different state," he says.

"It will probably take many years of research to fully understand this state," he says.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Usually, if you reverse time, you get back to where you started from, but not in the case of a new form of matter!

Source: phys.org

If one inverts time direction, the fundamental laws of physics still hold. That also holds for typical superconductors: if the arrow of time is reversed, a typical superconductor would still be the same superconducting state.

"However, in the case of a four-fermion condensate that we report, the time reversal puts it in a different state," he says.

"It will probably take many years of research to fully understand this state," he says.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Blessings,
    Lee
    So what?!?!?! Your point?
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Um if you reverse time, gravity would repel objects instead of attract objects. Magnets would do the same. Seems like if you reverse time everything would also be reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Um if you reverse time, gravity would repel objects instead of attract objects. Magnets would do the same. Seems like if you reverse time everything would also be reversed.
        I do not believe that is what the article indicated. In fact, I believe it indicated Natural Laws remain the same..
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

I do not believe that is what the article indicated. In fact, I believe it indicated Natural Laws remain the same..
          And I am saying it is not that simple. imagine you have two asteroids floating in space and they come within the gravitational influence of each other. they will begin to attract and come together. Now reverse time. They will start out next to each other and seem to repel as time reversed until they were no longer near each other. Gravity would reverse in that case.

Comment

And I am saying it is not that simple. imagine you have two asteroids floating in space and they come within the gravitational influence of each other. they will begin to attract and come together. Now reverse time. They will start out next to each other and seem to repel as time reversed until they were no longer near each other. Gravity would reverse in that case.
            Yup. Life would literally arise from death and age in reverse order

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Yup. Life would literally arise from death and age in reverse order
              I hate to think about the whole eating process

You should read "Counter-Clock World" by Philip K. Dick.
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-Clock_World
              Last edited by Sparko; 10-20-2021, 02:54 PM.

Comment

My cracked phone would heal itself! And bank credits would turn into debits, and debits into credits...

Blessings,
                Lee
                "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Actually after doing more thinking Gravity doesn't always reverse if time is reversed. It gets seriously whacked. In the example above it seems to reverse right? But now imagine here on earth, you are sitting in your chair taking a nap. An hour later time reverses. But you don't suddenly get pushed out of your seat and fly off the face of the earth. Gravity is still holding you to your chair.

But now imagine some rocks laying at the bottom of a cliff. Rewind time. They will continue to lie there at the bottom of the cliff for say 1 year, but then they will suddenly fly up into the air and attach themselves to the cliff! Gravity both works and reverses itself for no reason. Cause and effect becomes effect then cause. Reversing time messes everything up.

Comment

The article doesn't tell directly of time diverting.

‘In physics time-reversal symmetry is a mathematical operation of replacing the expression for time with its negative in formulas or equations so that they describe an event in which time runs backward or all the motions are reversed.’ - quote.

In GR there is no absolute time, time dimension etc. There is spacetime.Time is something that is ‘perceived’ by particles.

Time is only needed to describe that nothing happens anywhere at the same moment.

Mathematical models give us singularities, for example, we cannot confirm it by any observation.

Big bang, speed of light, spacetime singularity are concepts that are accepted, because the universe model description needs start points and limits.

We are able to observe black holes, but the majority of theories and phenomena are not confirmed due to the extremes of such observations.

Comment