Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

We've got a new drug? (for COVID!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikewhitney
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

What if the new drug is really Ivermectin with a new label?
    There was some site mentioning that Pfizer was going to be selling a pill that is basically just Ivermectin.

Leave a comment:

• mikewhitney
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

We have watched at 3 friends that were convinced by the same misinformation that drives your reasons to avoid the vaccine die in the last 3 months from covid. It is just so heartbreaking to see the cost of it, to see how prevalent it is among our Christian friends, and how unnecessary their deaths have been, and how powerless we have been to break through whatever it is that makes these ideas attractive to evangelical Christians.
    My question always is -- did these people die because the hospital would not use Ivermectin or even the expensive monoclonal antibodies? If they have died without getting such treatments, the doctors and hospitals are guilty of malpractice if not pure murder.

Leave a comment:

• mikewhitney
    replied
    Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    There is also in research is a vaccine patch: https://uncnews.unc.edu/2021/09/23/a...ithout-a-shot/
    They will keep producing new products for you. This is a big market that has been seeking to reach 7 billion people, even children who are not susceptible to Covid-19.

Leave a comment:

• mikewhitney
    replied
    I am curious how the people who keep saying they would rather take drugs like Ivermectin rather than take a shot will react to this news? Will they accept it or create another conspiracy theory against it?

mikewhitney
    As long as there are ignorant people, there will be new expensive alternatives to Ivermectin. Who is the one misled? The one who accepts the scientific studies of the effectiveness of Ivermectin or the one seeking dangerous experimental technologies?

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    There is also in research is a vaccine patch: https://uncnews.unc.edu/2021/09/23/a...ithout-a-shot/

Leave a comment:

• TheLurch
    replied
    Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    But now, there is virtually no chance I'll submit to any of the vaxes.
    I realize that you're now committed to this, and you basically say here that there's no evidence that could possibly change your mind:

-- I doubt I will ever trust the safety data, even years down the line.
    (Though why you're posting in a science forum, which is ostensibly about evidence, i'm not sure.)

So, please ignore this, as i'm posting for anyone who might read your misinformation and think you might have a point.

-- The VAERS data have been too bad to ignore or dismiss.
    And nobody's ignoring it - it was undoubtedly helpful in identifying the rare and treatable side effects that we've identified so far. But it's also just a collection of anecdotes - things that people choose to report that happen within a few months of vaccination. There's a lot of unrelated stuff in there, and probably more than usual, since this is the largest vaccine campaign that the US has seen in decades.

To believe that VAERS is worrying is to believe the conspiracy theory that the medical community is acknowledging some dangerous side effects, but not others.

-- The real-world effectiveness, good as it supposedly is, has still been much less than we were led to expect.
    The initial data was based on protection against the original SARS-CoV-2 strain. It is less effective against the strains currently prevalent. Nobody was being misleading.

-- Even if the vaxes really are safe, at this point I won't submit to one. The very fact that TPTB are imposing dictatorial mandates tells me I need to do what little I can to stand for liberty, even if doing so costs me freedom in other areas.
    I look forward to your reports regarding having thrown away your driver's license, torn up your insurance card, removed your seatbelt, and disconnected your headlights.

-- I was more open to the new Merck pills, but you've convinced me I was probably in error and should avoid them also.
    So, someone you disagree with describes something as positive, and that's enough to get you to fear it?

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied

Originally, my plan was to wait about six months, after which there would be a fair chance I'd take the jab, depending on how it played out in terms of real-world effectiveness and safety. That would have been around June. But now, there is virtually no chance I'll submit to any of the vaxes.

-- The real-world effectiveness, good as it supposedly is, has still been much less than we were led to expect.

-- Even if the vaxes really are safe, at this point I won't submit to one. The very fact that TPTB are imposing dictatorial mandates tells me I need to do what little I can to stand for liberty, even if doing so costs me freedom in other areas.

-- I was more open to the new Merck pills, but you've convinced me I was probably in error and should avoid them also.
    We have watched at 3 friends that were convinced by the same misinformation that drives your reasons to avoid the vaccine die in the last 3 months from covid. It is just so heartbreaking to see the cost of it, to see how prevalent it is among our Christian friends, and how unnecessary their deaths have been, and how powerless we have been to break through whatever it is that makes these ideas attractive to evangelical Christians.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-02-2021, 07:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NorrinRadd
    replied
    Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
    Merck is also the main supplier of medical-grade ivermectin, but has advised against its use for COVID given the current lack of evidence for its utility. So, there's a built-in conspiracy here: they were just saying not to use ivermectin so they could sell you this drug instead!

I'm personally curious about the people who said they wouldn't use a vaccine because it was only under an Emergency Use Authorization, or because it's not been in use long enough to know its long term effects, or because the vaccine wasn't fully effective. All of those apply here, so i'll be watching to see whether there's a difference in the response.
    Originally, my plan was to wait about six months, after which there would be a fair chance I'd take the jab, depending on how it played out in terms of real-world effectiveness and safety. That would have been around June. But now, there is virtually no chance I'll submit to any of the vaxes.

Leave a comment:

• NorrinRadd
    replied

That would be capitalistic genius.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    I heard someone on the radio call it Tamiflu for Covid

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
    Merck is also the main supplier of medical-grade ivermectin, but has advised against its use for COVID given the current lack of evidence for its utility. So, there's a built-in conspiracy here: they were just saying not to use ivermectin so they could sell you this drug instead!

I'm personally curious about the people who said they wouldn't use a vaccine because it was only under an Emergency Use Authorization, or because it's not been in use long enough to know its long term effects, or because the vaccine wasn't fully effective. All of those apply here, so i'll be watching to see whether there's a difference in the response.

Leave a comment:

• TheLurch
    replied
    I am curious how the people who keep saying they would rather take drugs like Ivermectin rather than take a shot will react to this news? Will they accept it or create another conspiracy theory against it?

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied

mikewhitney

Leave a comment:

• TheLurch
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    It is.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    It comes in a pill rather than a jab.

I wonder how much vaccine resistance comes from people who hate getting a shot. Not that anyone loves them, but I've known a few people who are positively afeared of them.
    People just need to donate blood once, and look at the size of the needle used for that. After that, you just laugh at the size of the needles used for vaccines.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Is that this: Merck says experimental pill cuts worst effects of COVID-19?

It comes in a pill rather than a jab.

I wonder how much vaccine resistance comes from people who hate getting a shot. Not that anyone loves them, but I've known a few people who are positively afeared of them.

Leave a comment: