Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Covid-19 death toll equals and will likely exceed the 1918-1919 flu pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Markus River View Post

I have also, at various stages of my life, been multiply vaccinated against;
    Measles
    Mumps
    Rubella
    Pertussis
    Small Pox (twice)
    Polio
    Diptheria
    Tetanus (3 times)
    Hepatitis B
    Influeza and probably one or two more.
    If only the the allpowerfulallknowingallloving creator had taken a bit more care when designing the DNA / RNA genomes of his mischievous little imps, he might have arranged it so the little scallywags weren't able to infect, then maim, cripple, disfigure and kill billions of his most favoured creations over the centuries. Then we wouldn't need vaccinations.

It's almost as if they evolved to widely infect and spread through a species of social, nomadic hominids.

When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
    - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
    “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

Comment

To be clear, IMHO any general anti-vaccination wonk is a redneck anti-science apologist, irrespective of their side of the political divide, whether their necks are actually red or not.

I'm not at all reticent in admitting that I have been twice vaccinated against SAR Cov-2 and am waiting for my 6 month booster jab.

I have also, at various stages of my life, been multiply vaccinated against;

Measles
      Mumps
      Rubella
      Pertussis
      Small Pox (twice)
      Polio
      Diptheria
      Tetanus (3 times)
      Hepatitis B
      Influeza and probably one or two more. And gee, despite all that "bigpharma poison" I'm still breathing, and have only one head.
      I had mumps -- the illness, not the vax -- around 3rd grade. That was fun. Virtually no symptoms other than fat face and increased appetite. (I think I'm kind of out of the norm, in that I typically get increased appetite when I'm sick, unless the sickness is one that targets the digestive tract.) Mumps was like an unscheduled vacation from school.

OTOH, I had chicken pox in nursery school, and that was miserable. Had 'em in my mouth and throat and all over my scalp. I'm considering the shingles vax.

I think I probably had a tetanus booster before starting college. Not sure. Other than that, I haven't had any of those shots in around 55 years, if ever.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

BTW, if you think a GOP video featuring the naked, opportunistic, self serving venality of Democrats is going to get my panties in a wad, you need to seriously reassess the political stereotyping of your opponents.

Here's a hint that might help; atheism is non-belief in the existence of god(s). Anything else, especially political views, leanings and affiliations is optional. Go Brandon.
        Nah. I just love shining the light of truth on where the vaxx resistance originated and the hypocrisy of the left.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I had mumps -- the illness, not the vax -- around 3rd grade. That was fun. Virtually no symptoms other than fat face and increased appetite.
          Okay, confession time as more evidence has come to light. Knowing that my parents fully vaccinated my brothers and I, and not really remembering all those year 1 innoculations, I looked up the NHS England childhood vaccination regimen and copied the data from it.

It was only when I suddenly remembered spending over a week around 3rd / 4th grade in a darkened room with my measles infected brothers I realised that, like Jim Lovell, Jack Swigert and Fred Haise, but unlike Ken Mattingly, I have had measles. Similarly, I also had mumps, but earlier and mostly asymptomatic.

I'd looked at the current childhood innoculation regimen, and not the one that would have applied to baby boomers born around 1960. Measles shots were introducel around 1968 and Mumps + Rubella, 20 years later. Mea Culpa.

The revised list should look like this;

Measles
          Mumps
          Rubella

Pertussis
          Small Pox (twice)
          Polio
          Diptheria
          Tetanus (3 times)
          Hepatitis B
          Influeza
          Tuberculosis
          and probably one or two more.

OTOH, I had chicken pox in nursery school, and that was miserable. Had 'em in my mouth and throat and all over my scalp. I'm considering the shingles vax.
          Ditto, re chickenpox. I'll be eligible for a shingles shot in about 10 years. I'll take it.
          When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
          - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Nah. I just love shining the light of truth on where the vaxx resistance originated and the hypocrisy of the left.
            The light of truth? Jeeez, you're full of it! Well. . . half full of it this time. All your GOP video - absolutely nooooooo agenda whatsoever there, eh - revealed was the Left's rampant, self-serving hypocrisy. You think this is news?

On the other hand, vaxx resistance came to America in 1800, along with smallpox. And despite a 30% death rate, pushback started immediately, with rich, middle-class parents deciding that; "No gummint is gonna tell me how to raise, educate, indoctrinate or vaccinate mah kids." And it wasn't until 1905 that a case (HENNING JACOBSON, Plff. in Err., v. COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS) hit the Supreme Court, to decide if in fact, States did have the power to make vaccination mandatory. Turns out they did. Then all went quiet. I guess children had stopped dying in their thousands.

Then, like the eruption of a festering abscess, modern day anti vaxx sentiment re-emerged to meet the sun upon the upland lawn. In 1982 with the documentary DPT: Vaccine Roulette. Which was followed in 1998 with a report by discredited, disgraced and struck off "Dr." Andrew Wakefield et al, a whole new generation were introduced to redneck, anti-science apologetics. And all without the benefit of firsthand experience of the ravages of some infectious diseases.

And there's the problem, nobody now really remembers the crippling, disfiguring effects of, say, smallpox. But I know what they can look like. I used to work with a childhood smallpox survivor, and his face looked like the surface of the moon. Though with possibly a few more craters.

Though all 50 States make specific vaccines mandatory, most states allow exemption for (give me strength ) "religious beliefs", according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. And 18 states allow so-called philosophical exemptions (just as bad), which offer a wide range of reasons to opt out. As if the bacteria / viruses care about your precious religious / philosophical sensitivities. They might as well offer religious exemption from the laws of gravity.

As for the self-serving Democrats, which states / cities / municipalities are now leading the mandating for; the wearing of masks, social distancing and mandatory vaccination? I ain't seeing much red.
            - Anonymous

Comment