Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Millions of qubits instead of just a handful!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millions of qubits instead of just a handful!

Source: phys.org

... with their latest research, published today in Science Advances, the team have found what they consider "the missing jigsaw piece" in the quantum computer architecture that should enable the control of the millions of qubits needed for extraordinarily complex calculations.

Dr. Jarryd Pla, a faculty member in UNSW's School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications says his research team wanted to crack the problem that had stumped quantum computer scientists for decades—how to control not just a few but millions of qubits without taking up valuable space with more wiring, which uses more electricity and generates more heat.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

It sounds like quantum computers are off and running now!

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

I thought this thread was about quilts.

There is far too little fabric in here, so I'll go now.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      I thought this thread was about quilts.

There is far too little fabric in here, so I'll go now.

"Fabric" is a nerdy term, too! Glad to discuss FICON fabrics any time you wish...

Blessings,
      Lee

"What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
        "Fabric" is a nerdy term, too! Glad to discuss FICON fabrics any time you wish...

Blessings,
        Lee
        Whatever that is, it's far beyond my comprehension. I wanted good quality quilting cotton!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Whatever that is, it's far beyond my comprehension. I wanted good quality quilting cotton!

Well, that's beyond my paygrade! All I can do with a needle is stick my finger with it...

Blessings,
          Lee

Comment

Here's the paper, for the curious:
            https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/7/33/eabg9158

It seems to be an interesting development, but it applies to a technology that nobody's used to make a functional quantum processor yet (electron spins in a semiconductor). I know Intel is working on this, but they haven't gotten far enough to decide to actually make anything with whatever they've developed.

No news in the paper on whether it's comfy to sleep under.
            "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Skynet is just around the corner.

Comment