Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Recent Covid-19 infections and the unvaccinated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoic
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The fact remains that Fauci lied and admitted it, just tossing out any number he wanted. But while there is no exact number, there is a range where a disease will not be able to spread depending on it's R0 value (how infectious it is).
    The problem is, we don't know exactly what the value of R0 is. But we know that it is different in different places, and that it changes over time. It changes with the weather, and it changes with people's behavior, and it's higher in places with a higher population density. And it gets higher with new variants.

We do know that if "enough" people are immune, then the prevalence of the disease will decrease. But "enough" for this summer won't necessarily be "enough" for the coming winter. And "enough" while people are still practicing social distancing won't necessarily be "enough" when they go back to their previous behavior.

As someone without immunity, your risk decreases whenever someone gets vaccinated. Fauci wants as many people as possible to be vaccinated. You should be on his side.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoic View Post

There is no exact number needed for herd immunity. It's basically "the more, the better".
    The fact remains that Fauci lied and admitted it, just tossing out any number he wanted. But while there is no exact number, there is a range where a disease will not be able to spread depending on it's R0 value (how infectious it is).

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

You have pointed out nothing of substance nor provided any references to support your case.

Still waiting.
    Some folks you just can't help.

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I'm pointing out that you are arguing with yourself and don't even appear to realize it. Go back and look at who you are addressing in post #52
    You have pointed out nothing of substance nor provided any references to support your case.

Still waiting.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Speaking of Herd Immunity...

Source: https://thefederalist.com/2021/05/27/how-anthony-fauci-made-himself-the-face-of-americas-institutional-decay/

Fauci lied about herd immunity too, first placing the number at 60 to 70 percent vaccination. Later, he upped the number to “70, 75 percent,” before it went up again to “75, 80, 85 percent.” Fauci admitted in December he was lying about required levels of vaccination to hit herd immunity because he kept reading about Americans hesitant to accept the vaccine.

“When polls said about half of all Americans would take a vaccine… I thought, ‘I can nudge this up a bit,'” Fauci told the Times.

© Copyright Original Source

There is no exact number needed for herd immunity. It's basically "the more, the better".

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

No, you have not provided any sources supporting your assertions zero,, zip, negatory and nada. . . and you are avoiding the conclusions of the references.

Still waiting . . .
    I'm pointing out that you are arguing with yourself and don't even appear to realize it. Go back and look at who you are addressing in post #52

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    Please take a look at post #52 again and who you are responding to.
    No, you have not provided any sources supporting your assertions zero,, zip, negatory and nada. . . and you are avoiding the conclusions of the references.

Still waiting . . .

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Please take a look at post #52 again and who you are responding to.

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    You were saying that your own accusation was not supported by facts.

Still waiting . . .

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Umm...
    You were saying that your own accusation was not supported by facts.

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    Umm...
    Umm...

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    I believe the statictics are valid here and you have not responded to them. If you wish to post onr that includes race in the mix do so. I may look myself. Rirst as usual your side steping and not responding to the facts.
    Accusation not supported by facts. Still waiting for your source . . . .
    Umm...

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    I thought I made it clear that the statistics are incomplete and misleading, likely deliberately so.

Incomplete? Accusation not supported by facts. Still waiting for your source that would complete your accusation. . .

Any source would have to take into account that by far most blacks would be born again and evangelical Christians included in the poll above. .

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied

I believe the statictics are valid here and you have not responded to them. If you wish to post onr that includes race in the mix do so. I may look myself. Rirst as usual your side steping and not responding to the facts.
    Accusation not supported by facts. Still waiting for your source . . . .

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

I thought I made it clear that the statistics are incomplete and misleading, likely deliberately so.

Leave a comment: