Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The flagellum was an ancestor of the T3SS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
    I am using scientific references, and no one has addressed the paper that mentioned that the T3SS targets eukaryotes.

Blessings,
    Lee
    No, you have bot properly used scientific references, 'mentioning' is meaningless. Again you need to present a coherent argument with 'only' scientific references.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
      TL;DR: Scientists disagree on what some evidence indicates. Lee wants to believe that their disagreement is a sign that all of modern biology is false, and its falsity is evidence of God.

Assuming that a the chronically unreliable source he's quoting is accurately relaying the details of the disagreement, which is far from guaranteed.

Hey Lee, what's up with that shopping mall located inside the region once enclosed by Babylon's walls?
      Why ''TL;DR''? That also seems unfair. People should decide on their own whether Lee's posts are worth reading or not, not simply rely on your 'word'. Plus, this attitude reveals laziness. If anyone here does not want to read long texts, then don't. But then they should not have signed for a discussion board like this in the first place.

Sorry, I mean no offense. I just had to post this.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker View Post

Why ''TL;DR''? That also seems unfair. People should decide on their own whether Lee's posts are worth reading or not, not simply rely on your 'word'. Plus, this attitude reveals laziness. If anyone here does not want to read long texts, then don't. But then they should not have signed for a discussion board like this in the first place.

Citing non-scientific references ro support a religious agenda warrants the criticism. The Lurch has cited many references and hard work researching the subject including his knowledge of the science involved and refuting Lee's arguments. Your response above reflects laziness and a lack of effort to research and respond constructively to the argument.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker View Post

Essentially this thread is the same old same old. A rehash of stuff that has been gone over in detail in several threads, but Lee found another article in Evolution News or Uncommon Descent repeating the same stuff but wording it slightly different. If he just once actually paid attention to the various rebuttals it would be one thing. But he doesn't. It gets wearisome.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Essentially this thread is the same old same old. A rehash of stuff that has been gone over in detail in several threads...
            In what threads was the T3SS said to be derived from the flagellum?

Blessings,
            Lee
            "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment