Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The flagellum was an ancestor of the T3SS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    That is not the conclusion of the consensus of all the scientific research. Your selective citation of references to justify an ID agenda is unethical
    Are you saying these references are wrong?

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
      Are you saying these references are wrong?

Blessings,
      Lee
      It has already been determined that you selectively cited the references to justify your agenda. It has not been determined that all your references are wrong, except your phony ID references.

The results at present are inconclusive.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Something to toss into the mix. Be sure to read carefully if at all.

From 2015: Type III secretion systems: the bacterial flagellum and the injectisome: Injectisome-T3SS derived from flagellar ancestors

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It has already been determined that you selectively cited the references to justify your agenda.
          How so? I quote references to support my conclusions.

The results at present are inconclusive.
          100 citations say no...

Blessings,
          Lee
          "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

100 citations say no...

Blessings,
            Lee
            The results at present are inconclusive. Also you use too many non-scientific sources as usual
            Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-26-2021, 08:34 PM.
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

100 citations say no...

Blessings,
              Lee
              To add; establishing a relationship does not determine which comes first. No, there are not one hundred sources.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

From 2015: Type III secretion systems: the bacterial flagellum and the injectisome: Injectisome-T3SS derived from flagellar ancestors
                That is, i believe, more recent than any of the articles cited in the blog post Lee started this with, correct?
                "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by thelurch View Post
                  that is, i believe, more recent than any of the articles cited in the blog post lee started this with, correct?
                  afaict.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Yes, but the citations they give for this are from 1998 and 2004. It seems the current opinion in 2021 is the other way around.

Blessings,
                    Lee

Comment

Yes, but the citations they give for this are from 1998 and 2004. It seems the current opinion in 2021 is the other way around.

Blessings,
                      Lee
                      Curent opinion doe not depend on what 'seems' from your religious agenda perspective. The contemporary view of science is inconclusive.

Frank

Comment

Curent opinion doe not depend on what 'seems' from your religious agenda perspective. The contemporary view of science is inconclusive.
                        Can you address the arguments being made by the papers in the opening post? I hold they are conclusive, the T3SS is to prey on eukaryotes, so it comes after eukaryotes, and thus before flagella.

Blessings,
                        Lee

Comment

Can you address the arguments being made by the papers in the opening post? I hold they are conclusive, the T3SS is to prey on eukaryotes, so it comes after eukaryotes, and thus before flagella.

Blessings,
                          Lee
                          I did.as others did. Also the opening post contained a non-scientific ID reference.

Frank

Comment

I did.as others did. Also the opening post contained a non-scientific ID reference.
                            Where have you addressed the point that the T3SS came after flagella, due to them targeting eukaryotes? This is a main point, made in a paper, that has gone unchallenged.

Blessings,
                            Lee

Comment

Where have you addressed the point that the T3SS came after flagella, due to them targeting eukaryotes? This is a main point, made in a paper, that has gone unchallenged.

Blessings,
                              Lee
                              Stop using non-scientific ID references and it may make the dialogue meaningful. OThers have already sufficiently addressed the problem.

Frank

Comment

Stop using non-scientific ID references and it may make the dialogue meaningful. OThers have already sufficiently addressed the problem.
                                I am using scientific references, and no one has addressed the paper that mentioned that the T3SS targets eukaryotes.

Blessings,
                                Lee

Comment